How would you guys recommend building an Inquisitor? Pretty much set on Soulblade but which Paladin subclass works best? I'm still trying to think of an offensive build that makes good use of Darcozzi but I guess I'm better off sticking with Wayfarers or Goldpact if I want to avoid the Walkers.

So, revisiting a question which I asked earlier, but have been thinking about further, since we are just around the corner from the release... 

My concept is that he is a bounty hunter.  As either a chanter or cipher, I see that working quite well.  As the cipher, he uses his cipher abilities to help him track down and incapacitate his prey.  As a chanter, he uses his abilities to enhance his takedown of his prey, by calling forth allies to assist and neutralize them.  While he didn't plan on being a pirate, both of these builds work well for his life at sea.  As a cipher, he can better avoid ambushes and more easily track prey across vast distances.  As a chanter, he literally brings more to the fight, in the event that there is a ship to ship battle, since he can materialize allies out of thin air to better defend his ship.

I'm not concerned about how to make the most gish build ever, but my basic question is: chanter(beckoner?)/ranger(sharpshooter), cipher(beguiler)/ranger, or just single class ranger? 

For those who have had access to the beta, I understand that you still don't know what the high tier abilities are, but do you think that either of those multiclasses would ultimately be more flexible and "effective" than a single class ranger or not?

"1 is 1"

Got a question for you guys. Been thinking about the chars I want in my party and was deciding if I want a multi or single class druid. When test lvling them in the backer beta I noticed that multiclass chars get less ability points per level than single class.

Single and multiclass get 2 points every new powerlevel. So lvl 3/5/7/9 for single and lvl 4/7/(10) for multiclasses. I never payed attention to it and its probably super obvious for you guys but what is the intention behind this? Multiclasses are stretched thin as it is shouldn't they get more points resulting in more diverse but ultimately less powerful abilities?

So, revisiting a question which I asked earlier, but have been thinking about further, since we are just around the corner from the release...

My concept is that he is a bounty hunter. As either a chanter or cipher, I see that working quite well. As the cipher, he uses his cipher abilities to help him track down and incapacitate his prey. As a chanter, he uses his abilities to enhance his takedown of his prey, by calling forth allies to assist and neutralize them. While he didn't plan on being a pirate, both of these builds work well for his life at sea. As a cipher, he can better avoid ambushes and more easily track prey across vast distances. As a chanter, he literally brings more to the fight, in the event that there is a ship to ship battle, since he can materialize allies out of thin air to better defend his ship.

I'm not concerned about how to make the most gish build ever, but my basic question is: chanter(beckoner?)/ranger(sharpshooter), cipher(beguiler)/ranger, or just single class ranger?

For those who have had access to the beta, I understand that you still don't know what the high tier abilities are, but do you think that either of those multiclasses would ultimately be more flexible and "effective" than a single class ranger or not?

Based on the skills and my experience in the first game, ranger is a fairly barebones class in terms of skill. I liked my melee ranger in the first game but it still didnt have much available to it. I’d say multiclass ranger all the way. (Pet and variety if skills at your disposal)

What are your thoughts on the current effectiveness of a Berserker/Skald for a DPS character or a Unbroken/Chater as a tankier character? I've been loving the idea of doing a character like that but I haven't had the time to test these options out in the backer beta. With the impending release of the game, I wanted to make sure I don't make an horrible mistake and potentially ruin a playthrough.

Don't do berserker + any type of chanter. The phrases you sing will buff enemies and hurt allies. Otherwise fighter or barbaian should be fine combos with chanters.

Not the last time I tested it, though hopefully that's a bug (and they'll fix it).

Don't do berserker + any type of chanter. The phrases you sing will buff enemies and hurt allies. Otherwise fighter or barbaian should be fine combos with chanters.

Oh... That sounds like it might be a problem. I wonder if it is intentional. That happens when the character is frenzied, I assume?

Oh... That sounds like it might be a problem. I wonder if it is intentional. That happens when the character is frenzied, I assume?

Well currently it would be great if it worked because you could gain massive health from using Come Soft Winds on your own skeletons... but then gaining health from every character hit is probably also a bug.

Edited by SaruNi

What kind of Barbarian subclass would work with  Shattered Pillars ? Was thinking about going Berserker or would that be a bad idea?

It works. You can clear the Confusion with the upgraded Clarity of Agony ability, though as a multiclass you'll get that relatively late.

However note that the Monk's Thunderous Blows ability won't stack with the Berserker's Frenzy, since they both bestow the same Inspiration.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

What kind of Barbarian subclass would work with Shattered Pillars ? Was thinking about going Berserker or would that be a bad idea?And what would the stat spread be like? 18 for Might is obvious,but what about the other stats?

Berserker or just the base class. If Berserker get svef for early on so you don't murder your team, and make sure you pick up clarity of agony and enlightened agony later on.

Int, con, dex and per are all important, so don't dump any of them. I will be putting the most of my leftover attributes in int and dex, with a couple in per and con (and will take a few out of res).

• Like 1

What kind of Barbarian subclass would work with Shattered Pillars ? Was thinking about going Berserker or would that be a bad idea?

It works. You can clear the Confusion with the upgraded Clarity of Agony ability, though as a multiclass you'll get that relatively late.

However note that the Monk's Thunderous Blows ability won't stack with the Berserker's Frenzy, since they both bestow the same Inspiration.

Right,thanks.How about the attributes?Other than might,what would be the other two attributes I should invest my points in?

What kind of Barbarian subclass would work with Shattered Pillars ? Was thinking about going Berserker or would that be a bad idea?

Right,thanks.How about the attributes?Other than might,what would be the other two attributes I should invest my points in?

I would max might (I believe you can get as high as 21 with race/background bonuses) and have int as the 2nd highest stat for Carnage AoE and self buff duration. Then a few extra points in con and lower than average resolve. Leave dex/per at 10.

How would you guys build an Inquisitor? Bleak Walker/Soulblade, but with what attributes? And which weapons would you use, a Two Handed sword, or dual wielding daggers, sabres or something else?

I would max Might, higher than average Dex, rest is up to you, depending on if you want to be more tanky or more of a glass cannon. If you want to take full advantage of Flames of Devotion I would dual wield 2 heavy 1 handers (like sabres), since it's a full attack.

Edited by GuyNice

How would you guys build an Inquisitor? Bleak Walker/Soulblade, but with what attributes? And which weapons would you use, a Two Handed sword, or dual wielding daggers, sabres or something else?

I would max Might, higher than average Dex, rest is up to you, depending on if you want to be more tanky or more glass of a glass cannon. If you want to take full advantage of Flames of Devotion I would dual wield 2 heavy 1 handers (like sabres), since it's a full attack.

Thanks!

Looking for strong solo powerbuilds. I don't like micro party and prefer to play solo first time (those are not IRON solo builds!). Theorycrafting I was thinking about those (many include Streetfighter as I think playing solo you will benefit most from his bonuses + escape):

Streetfighter/Beguiler - using Phatom Foes and being flanked all the time (since you solo) will give you massive bonuses to damage and focus against targets.

Berserker or Devoted/Skald - obviously for offensive pharases and crits.

Berserker/Soul Blade - for damage.

Streetfighter/Berserker - can work too, but berserker self damage might be too problematic. 

Streetfighter/Skald - hm, could be nice with paralyze phrase.

Streethfighter/Shattered Pillar or Devoted - for classic melee high damage.

Shattered Pillar/Soul Blade - seems there is synergy here for good damage.

Ascendant/Berserker or Devoted or Shattered Pillar - I see great synergy here when you reach ascendant, especially with Berserker Carnage/Monk Reach or Devoted crit bonuses. More clicking and micro but I don't mind. I didn't include Shattered/Berserker combo as their actives (attack speed) sadly don't stack. Maybe mods will make it work.

What do you think about those? 

Edited by Voltron

Shattered Pill

Looking for strong solo powerbuilds. I don't like micro party and prefer to play solo first time (those are not IRON solo builds!). Theorycrafting I was thinking about those (many include Streetfighter as I think playing solo you will benefit most from his bonuses + escape):

Streetfighter/Beguiler - using Phatom Foes and being flanked all the time (since you solo) will give you massive bonuses to damage and focus against targets.

Streetfighter/Berserker - can work too, but berserker self damage might be too problematic. 

Ascendant/Berserker or Devoted or Shattered Pillar - I see great synergy here when you reach ascendant, especially with Berserker Carnage/Monk Reach or Devoted crit bonuses. More clicking and micro but I don't mind. I didn't include Shattered/Berserker combo as their actives (attack speed) sadly don't stack. Maybe mods will make it work.

Shattered Pillar is bad for solo.

A solo monk will walways get hit enough to build wounds, but shattered has a max wound threshold of 5 instead of 9(10?).

I'm personally torn between Soul Blade and Ascendant for cipher/monk, seems like Soul Blade is much stronger early game and the late game shouldn't be a problem either way, but still Ascendant sounds so nteresting in theory.

Shattered Pill

A solo monk will walways get hit enough to build wounds, but shattered has a max wound threshold of 5 instead of 9(10?).

I'm personally torn between Soul Blade and Ascendant for cipher/monk, seems like Soul Blade is much stronger early game and the late game shouldn't be a problem either way, but still Ascendant sounds so nteresting in theory.

So I should change Pillar to Hellwalker or Nalp then? No problem. I am not that fixed around Pillar. I like monks in general.

Though Berserker multis in PoE2 also seems nice. 

I don't like casters in PoE so what multi would recommend for solo powerbuild?

Shattered Pill

No it's not bad for soloing, speciall when u stun all enemies, as a normal monk u cannot get wounds. 

What do you guys think about Skald/ Shattered Pillar?  What melee class has the best synergy with Skald?  Thinking of trying that with the Nature Godlike or Wild Orlan.

Didn't play yet but on paper I think Skald would work wonders with Berserker or Devoted. It would also fit nicely form role-playing perspective if you care about that :).

What do you guys think about Skald/ Shattered Pillar?  What melee class has the best synergy with Skald?  Thinking of trying that with the Nature Godlike or Wild Orlan.

Didn't play yet but on paper I think Skald would work wonders with Berserker or Devoted. It would also fit nicely form role-playing perspective if you care about that :).

It's just difficult to choose a weapon without ever playing the game.  What weapon would you choose?  2H?  Also, doesn't berserker hurt your team?  How do you avoid that?  I really appreciate your input!

Also, what do you think of Shifter/ Berserker?

Edited by bicen

It's just difficult to choose a weapon without ever playing the game.  What weapon would you choose?  2H?  Also, doesn't berserker hurt your team?  How do you avoid that?  I really appreciate your input!

Also, what do you think of Shifter/ Berserker?

From what I heard from others dual wielding gives the most DPS and > 2h weapons.

As for Shifter - dunno. But wouldn't Fury/Berserker work maybe in his Storm form? Or with Devoted and 2h picked as his pref weapon since Storm Form have 2h attacks?