I have not played all of this, but those are the classes I want to play at some point:

- general of my private army ( kind wayfarer/beckoner)

I finished PoE with a kind wayfarer and I want to continue with him as my first char.

Summoning an army of skelletons, healing them with FoD and buffing them with chants and auras sounds nice

- the blood countess (barbarien/soul blade)

The classical DnD vampire, though she does not turn to dust in the sunlight.

Barbariens have so many abilities with "blood" in their name. Use all you got to make enemies bleed, drain their health and use your cipher powers to drain their strengh for yourself or to dominate them. Corpse eater would fit RP wise, but the increased rage cost is just bad.

- The beast (berserker/shifter)

Become a monster, enrage and tear everything apart with your claws.

- assassin/wizard

Start with powerful AoE spells from stealth or invisibility, then cast combusting wounds and dual wield blunderbuss.

- Mad Max, the road warrior (devoted/sharpshooter)

Dual wield blunderbuss and have your loyal dog ( well, its a wolf) with you

- spam your powers (single class nature godlike shattered pillar)

Bash everything with your fist, spam torments reach and interrupt everything by spamming rooting pain by the way.

- missle monster ( single class nature godlike evoker )

Use some instant buffs, than open fire with tons of missles.

I will play with a full party and not on PotD. Since I do not replay games that often, i doubt I will play all of them.

• Like 1

- Mad Max, the road warrior (devoted/sharpshooter)

Dual wield blunderbuss and have your loyal dog ( well, its a wolf) with you

Does Devoted allow for a ranged weapon proficiency now? Because I'm pretty sure it does not; if that was not the case, I would already have had another Devoted/Sharpshooter build in mind myself.

I didn't test, but if it works anything like Spirit Lance + Carnage then the attacks will simply trigger two parallel AoE effects (no weird cascading or anything).

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I really like the summoner builds and now tried the Troubadour (and Shieldbearer/Troubadour):

- when using "Brisk Recitation" he can pump out lower tier summons at the same rate and higher tier summons faster than the Beckoner (drake: 4x6=24sec as Beckoner, 6x3=18sec as Troubadour)

- because "Brisk Recitation" disables the linger and the summon duration is longer compared to a Beckoner you can lower INT (maybe even dump it ... depends on desired chant radius)

- another approch with high INT is to use "Brisk Recitation" first, to get your summons out fast and then switch it off for double chants (or keep it on for more invocations)

- as a Troubadour you can keep up 2 chants all the time with 20 INT (duration = 6 seconds, linger = 6 seconds)

- as a Troubadour you get only half amount of summons per cast compared to a Beckoner, but they have doubled health (although defenses/damage seem to be the same)

- so you get: less DPS, but sturdier summons with longer duration => they seem to work better as "meat shields" or vs. enemies with AoE damage

Doubled health but half numbers = identical health over all. Beckoner summons do 2x damage plus they do something in PoE2 that was very important in PoE1: they block space better.

I really like the summoner builds and now tried the Troubadour (and Shieldbearer/Troubadour):

- when using "Brisk Recitation" he can pump out lower tier summons at the same rate and higher tier summons faster than the Beckoner (drake: 4x6=24sec as Beckoner, 6x3=18sec as Troubadour)

- because "Brisk Recitation" disables the linger and the summon duration is longer compared to a Beckoner you can lower INT (maybe even dump it ... depends on desired chant radius)

- another approch with high INT is to use "Brisk Recitation" first, to get your summons out fast and then switch it off for double chants (or keep it on for more invocations)

- as a Troubadour you can keep up 2 chants all the time with 20 INT (duration = 6 seconds, linger = 6 seconds)

- as a Troubadour you get only half amount of summons per cast compared to a Beckoner, but they have doubled health (although defenses/damage seem to be the same)

- so you get: less DPS, but sturdier summons with longer duration => they seem to work better as "meat shields" or vs. enemies with AoE damage

Doubled health but half numbers = identical health over all. Beckoner summons do 2x damage plus they do something in PoE2 that was very important in PoE1: they block space better.

"Identical health overall" against single-target-only attacks, but not against AoE attacks.

Another consideration: Beckoner summons are immune to Paladin Abjuration.

*But* they're not immune to Great Abjuration AoE, which iirc destroys summons below caster level and does massive damage to all other summons.

Edited by SaruNi

Been trying to figure out how i'm going to be building my party and have a handful of questions for some of you folks with beta access, as accurate and up to date information can be a little tough to find without digging through thousands of posts. 

-Ascendant cipher:

1. What is the power level increase and the soul whip damage increase during ascended?

2. What is the power level decrease, soul whip damage decrease and focus increase when not ascended?

3. How long does ascended last? Does this duration scale with anything (int, power level, character level, etc)?

4. For anyone who has had a chance to play around with it, how does it feel with biting whip vs draining whip? Thinking of a sharpshooter/ascendant multiclass, so I was definitely leaning towards biting whip unless draining whip is really going to be essential for quickly getting back into ascended.

-Lifegiver druid:

1. What constitutes "creature summon spells"? Is this just actual minion summons like blights or does this also include spells like insect swarm and plague of insects?

2. What is the post spiritshift penalty on rejuvenation spells? Is this additive with the baseline +2 bonus? For example, if the decrease after spirit shift is -4 does that put the actual impact at -2 or is the +2 baseline ignored after coming out of shift?

3. For druid multiclass, is it possible to use other class spells during spiritshift, or locked out of casting non druid spells until the shift ends?

Example: I'm debating doing druid/troubadour or something like druid/priest as a serious buff/heal char and i assume chanting still continues during shift, but are invocations or priest spells usable during this time?

4. On that note, has anyone played around with any druid/chanter, druid/priest or other druid/support combinations, regardless of subclasses (though i'd prefer information on more support, heal, or caster type builds. I'm not crazy about melee druid)? How are they? Favorites, least favorites, points of interest, etc. 

Any opinions/information on any of these questions is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

A Troubadour summoner feels much more tanky. Just use "Her Courage Thick as Steel" with "Brisk Recitation" to get a new damage shield for you and your summons every 3 seconds and they never die. Your 3 skeletons can tank much more than the 6 mini skeletons on a Beckoner. I'm curious to see what kind of changes the release version has and how the higher power level summons look like (and maybe even justify a singleclass chanter instead).

Boy, I sure hope they don't nerf this too badly before I get a chance to play (or worse, in the middle of a playthrough). I love paladins, and I love the fact that there are so many good uses for paladins in this game, it seems.

Paladins were also nerfed multiple times in PoE 1, if I remember correctly, they got deep faith nerf, FoD nerf, basic deflection nerf, and later on devs realize they nerf paladin too hard so they gives accuracy bonus to FoD as a compensate. So .... we will see :)
Paladins did not get nerfed they got SI and never were the same again, the small nerfs never compensated for that juicy powerspike.

Have u played the game from PoE 1 beta? I did and SI is added by WM 2 which is in the very late of their develop cycle.

I also remember bleakwalker can do 300+ damage with FoD in beta and got nerfed immediately ;)

This might have been unclear but I never referred to when they got nerfed, my point was they ended up much stronger than they started.

Also I don't think beta content counts at all, that's why I didn't get Deadfire beta even tho backing would have literally cost me the same as preordering/buying at release.

(Yes beta testing is important thx to all people who do it, my point was more it doesn't count to how good a class ends up being)

My point was just don't be sad if something op doesn't make it out of beta, play the toned down version and be twice happy if another buff comes after.

Hi everyone.

Question: if you wanna play a 'gunslinger' type of character, who is more about "rate of fire" than long-distance accuracy, is  Black Jacket+Ranger the best/only way to go (multiple double pistols) or there are other better/funnier options? :)

Hi everyone.

Question: if you wanna play a 'gunslinger' type of character, who is more about "rate of fire" than long-distance accuracy, is  Black Jacket+Ranger the best/only way to go (multiple double pistols) or there are other better/funnier options? :)

Black Jacket goes well with anything if you wanna do multiple double pistols. I wouldn't consider Ranger a must-have.

• Like 1

Hi everyone.

I kind of have one in mind, actually.

A single class Sharpshooter with a Wolf Companion named "BAMF", uses a single Pistol one-handed so that the ACC bonus cancels out the malus from the Fast Reload modal, dual Pistols in the second Weapon set which can be combined with Evasive Fire for a quick roll-and-fire at approaching enemies, and raises the Explosives skill so he can throw things like Stun Bombs. Should the need arise, he can combine Marked Prey, Accurate Wounding Shot, and the Pistol modal turned off to declare that the time of day is Hiiiiiiigh Nooooon.

I call this one the "Jesse McCree". Wonder if Matt Mercer would throw in a few voice lines for this one. :biggrin:

• Like 1

Hi everyone.

Question: if you wanna play a 'gunslinger' type of character, who is more about "rate of fire" than long-distance accuracy, is Black Jacket+Ranger the best/only way to go (multiple double pistols) or there are other better/funnier options? :)

Black Jacket goes well with anything if you wanna do multiple double pistols. I wouldn't consider Ranger a must-have.

thanks! I was planning on playing a kind of wild "voodoo lady pirate", and one idea was that of using a chanter to evoke skeletons + double pistols for the raging pirate stuff :D

I'll probably try Black Jacket + Beckoner than :)

• Like 1

After the initial volley, Black Jacket doesn't give any speed boost. For speed, other options are Monk (especially Swift Strikes, Thunderous Blows, the passive which reflects back ranged attacks is nice too) and Berserker (Bloodlust, Frenzy, Blood Frenzy, Barbaric Blow---not sure if upgraded Barbaric Blow now affects reload time for the "0 recovery after kill" effect). The dual pistol companion is Barbarian/Cipher (special "Wild Mind" cipher subclass).

After the initial volley, Black Jacket doesn't give any speed boost. For speed, other options are Monk (especially Swift Strikes, Thunderous Blows, the passive which reflects back ranged attacks is nice too) and Berserker (Bloodlust, Frenzy, Blood Frenzy, Barbaric Blow---not sure if upgraded Barbaric Blow now affects reload time for the "0 recovery after kill" effect). The dual pistol companion is Barbarian/Cipher (special "Wild Mind" cipher subclass).

so basically if I go chanter/black jacket I have a very strong beginning, but i'll be weaker if the combat is long...

uhm, considering that she's still gonna be a support unit, i could probably settle for the 'strong start, weak long combat' combination. thanks :)

So, someone tested chanter + paladin or fighter multiclass for a possible solo run?

I did a POTD solo run in the beta with a beckoner / goldpact knight multi class ... it was really easy.

Details:

- Woodelf (for the paralyze immunity)

- maxed INT (for summon/chant duration)

- summon: Skeletons + Upgrade

- chant: Come, Come Soft Winds of Death

- equipment: full plate, medium shield + modal (damage reduction), dagger + modal (melee deflection), switched to pistol + shield for the titan

- talents: Deep Faith, Weapon+Shield Style, Inspired Defenses, Divine Purpose, Zealous Aura, Combat Focus, Shared Flames

You basically just summon skeletons all the time. I created an AI behaviour for this (Condition: At least 2 phrases). Don't know how easy this is in the release version, because Come Come Soft Winds heals in the beta for more than it should.

• Like 1

Hello, I'm new to this genre but I like to be efficient while playing from the first play-through, so I invoke the help from veteran advice. (As I don't have access to the beta and even if I had I'm a noob)

First off I favor aesthetics over gameplay in the sense that one of my dps is going to wield 2h greatsword no matter how op dual-wielding is and my tank is not gonna equip a hachet no matter how many deflection it provides. Imo I should be able to complete the game on PotD with any weapon I fancy.

The next thing are stats, from what I've seen people are dumping Intellect and Resolve in favor of Might/Perception/Dexterity (For Melee dps) and Constitution/Resolve in case of range dps. I think it is not necessary and the most I will dump are 1-2 points in Con and Res, with Might > Perception > Dexterity for melee dps with high accuracy and Perception > Might > Dexterity > Intellect For casters.

Now it's the turn of the party composition : 

1. Tank - My two options are either Golden Pact/Priest(Which priest idk I suppose the one with the better party buffs) and Golden Pact/Unbroken (To take advantage of the positioning                     from the fighter's charge and even more tankiness), I think the best option is the first, but I'm not too sure.

2. Striker/Offtank - This is more or less set in stone and it will be my PC, it will be Bleak/Devoted 2h Greatsword, with constant recovery + paladin tank aura (The Golden Pact can't have                                 auras so it will help my tank) + conqueror stance for single-target and cleaver for Aoe + FoD + +2 pen from talents and another 2 from devoted + high accuracy +                                       disciplined strikes. I think it is a solid choice with balance between tankiness and damage + I it will be cool af xD.

3. Range Striker - I thought of an Evoker although this is a bummer because I don't specially like the godlike but the nature one's passive is too good. On topic, my doubts with this one                                   is the weapon and if it should really be an Evoker, as I heard they nerfed the proc and conjuration magic is really good.

4. Range Control/Striker - For this one I had in mind either a pure Beguiler ,a Beguiler/Rogue or a Beguiler/Sharpshooter. In this case I don't care about the weapon, just the main                                                       accuracy for spells and maybe a weapon modal that reduces enemy's defenses. Also I don't want to be a godlike with this one, so that leaves Human and elf,                                             which one would be better?

5. Support -  I'm open here, I think the best choice is a Priest but I don't know how the buff stacking works so I need pointers for this spot.

Thank you in advance.

apparently paladins dont have negative drawbacks anymore so gold pact can have auras

A Brute seems pretty interesting (Barbarian + Fighter). Can both take one handed and get +40% hits to crits or can only one get that?

First of all: no. You can't pick the same ability twice. But fighters can have 50% with Disciplined Strikes and Berserkers can also convert hits to crit with frenzy. Single Weapon Style would come on top.

Secondly: you can't simply add conversion chances. They are evaluated one after the other during attack resolution - and not added. Because of this you have to multiply the chances. A 50% chance and after that another 50% chance result in an overall 75% chance, not 100%. You can never achieve 100% conversion.

So even if you could pick 20% twice you would end up at 36%, not 40%.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Hello, I'm new to this genre but I like to be efficient while playing from the first play-through, so I invoke the help from veteran advice. (As I don't have access to the beta and even if I had I'm a noob)

First off I favor aesthetics over gameplay in the sense that one of my dps is going to wield 2h greatsword no matter how op dual-wielding is and my tank is not gonna equip a hachet no matter how many deflection it provides. Imo I should be able to complete the game on PotD with any weapon I fancy.

The next thing are stats, from what I've seen people are dumping Intellect and Resolve in favor of Might/Perception/Dexterity (For Melee dps) and Constitution/Resolve in case of range dps. I think it is not necessary and the most I will dump are 1-2 points in Con and Res, with Might > Perception > Dexterity for melee dps with high accuracy and Perception > Might > Dexterity > Intellect For casters.

Now it's the turn of the party composition : 

1. Tank - My two options are either Golden Pact/Priest(Which priest idk I suppose the one with the better party buffs) and Golden Pact/Unbroken (To take advantage of the positioning                     from the fighter's charge and even more tankiness), I think the best option is the first, but I'm not too sure.

2. Striker/Offtank - This is more or less set in stone and it will be my PC, it will be Bleak/Devoted 2h Greatsword, with constant recovery + paladin tank aura (The Golden Pact can't have                                 auras so it will help my tank) + conqueror stance for single-target and cleaver for Aoe + FoD + +2 pen from talents and another 2 from devoted + high accuracy +                                       disciplined strikes. I think it is a solid choice with balance between tankiness and damage + I it will be cool af xD.

3. Range Striker - I thought of an Evoker although this is a bummer because I don't specially like the godlike but the nature one's passive is too good. On topic, my doubts with this one                                   is the weapon and if it should really be an Evoker, as I heard they nerfed the proc and conjuration magic is really good.

4. Range Control/Striker - For this one I had in mind either a pure Beguiler ,a Beguiler/Rogue or a Beguiler/Sharpshooter. In this case I don't care about the weapon, just the main                                                       accuracy for spells and maybe a weapon modal that reduces enemy's defenses. Also I don't want to be a godlike with this one, so that leaves Human and elf,                                             which one would be better?

5. Support -  I'm open here, I think the best choice is a Priest but I don't know how the buff stacking works so I need pointers for this spot.

Thank you in advance.

apparently paladins dont have negative drawbacks anymore so gold pact can have auras

Whoa that's big news for my planned MC. Is this confirmed? Do you have a source?