- Ancient Memory stacks with Constant Recovery and all healing spells and also with itself

- Soft Winds dito

- Druid healings lasts a long time with +7 PL (Nature Godlike + Livegiver)

- not to mention priest spells

- Potions

There's plenty of healing if you want without gimping other aspects of characters - enough for every encounter. If you combine high dps with lots of healing and skip armor then encounters are over more quickly, too.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

some more questions:

- do the weapon styles work with all weapons (melee + ranged)?

Like 2h style when using bows. I think in PoE1 it was for melee weapons only, but I am not sure.

- Which of these things work with what?

+ cleaving stance: does it work only with the enemy you attack with your weapon or also with other things? The description says " kills with a melee weapon". Does it include things like carnage, leap, torments reach and other full/primary attacks that may hit more than one target.

+ deep wounds: same as above. I was thinking about an assassin/mage for a later playthrough. I will work with summoned weapons ( except blights because no physical damage I guess)

+ shattered pillars wound generation: same as above

I think you do not gain anythink if you have max wounds, so you have to spamm abilities to spam rooting pain

- What is the difference between invisible and stealth?

Do you get rogue ( especially assassin ) bonusses from both?

Can you get tetected when you are invisible and does your stealth skill influence this?

Will stealing from invisibility always succeed?

EDIT:

Just to be sure:

Deep faith increases the defense bonusses of paladins from 10 to 12, so you get 2 more defenses.

It does not increase them by another 12 points.

Thats it for now, maybe I find new questions later.

Edited by Madscientist

So, I tried to read through all the posts in this thread, but since I don't have the beta, am unsure of the names of specific multiclasses.

So, the short question: Has anyone played as a cipher/ranger? 

If so, what specific build was it, and how did it work out in general?

Thanks in advance!

"1 is 1"

So, I tried to read through all the posts in this thread, but since I don't have the beta, am unsure of the names of specific multiclasses.

Thanks in advance!

In an earlier beta I had a sharpshooter/beguiler who dual wielded scepters. Had great penetration from scepter plus the sharpshooter boost, wounding shot is a full attack so it benefitted from dual wielding, you could start combat with phantom foes so everyone was flanked which got you past the beguiler issue of needing enemies to be sneak attackable.

You can target your pet for that line attack echo something, plus ciphers have a few ally buffs and heals which work on the pet.

It worked pretty good.

• Like 1

Regards to cleave, now it seems every time you cleave, it will apply a cleave effect on enemy (to prevent self triggering i guess? This seems to be new to me).

Erm... what? :)

Sorry - I don't understand what you are trying to say.

Now whenever you cleave a target, you put a cleave effect on that enemy like this:

you cleave attack xxx for xxx damage;

you impact xxx with cleave;

dunno what it does but my guess it is to prevent self triggering.

Edited by dunehunter
  • Like 1

I understood it when you were saying it differently in another thread - but still: thanks for taking the time to elaborate. :)

I played a Beguiler/Trickster with rod+Blast (for AoE afflictions with the Blinding/Crippling Strike and so on) in beta3 and was pleased. Not a dps build of course but a good CC combination. First you fire a Crippling Strike onto a group of enemies and follow up with Eyestrike. The Beguiler often got more Focus back than he spend when hitting enough enemies with Eyestrike (it's rather cheap). Since he had a Guile pool and Focus pool he almost never ran out of CC options (AoE strikes deal damage and cause CC while generating focus - Deception powers generate focus when they hit). Also you could confuse etc. with Guile if Focus was low.

I also played Soulblade/Assassin and that worked well, too: Assassinate+Blackstone from stealth (getting a high amount of focus) and follow up with Soul Annihilation. Often that's two one-shots. Use Smoke Veil to go invisible - repeat. It's fun.

Ascendant/Rogue should have an easy time to reach max focus very quickly and then start the power-spamfest.

Edited by Boeroer

Thanks in advance!

In an earlier beta I had a sharpshooter/beguiler who dual wielded scepters. Had great penetration from scepter plus the sharpshooter boost, wounding shot is a full attack so it benefitted from dual wielding, you could start combat with phantom foes so everyone was flanked which got you past the beguiler issue of needing enemies to be sneak attackable.

You can target your pet for that line attack echo something, plus ciphers have a few ally buffs and heals which work on the pet.

It worked pretty good.

Nice.  I was planning on sticking to warbow and dual-wielding rapier and stiletto for CQB, but what you just said here seems to indicate that should still work.  My plan was really to use my animal companion to set up the cipher attacks, and to use cipher abilities to "buff" my animal companion.  Don't know if I'm going to use sharpshooter, since it really sounds like that would gimp me in the event that I need to get close and fight in melee. 

"1 is 1"

Thanks in advance!

It worked pretty good.

Nice.  I was planning on sticking to warbow and dual-wielding rapier and stiletto for CQB, but what you just said here seems to indicate that should still work.  My plan was really to use my animal companion to set up the cipher attacks, and to use cipher abilities to "buff" my animal companion.  Don't know if I'm going to use sharpshooter, since it really sounds like that would gimp me in the event that I need to get close and fight in melee. 

The good thing about scepters are there is no penalty for using them in melee so you never need to switch to anything else. Plus they are dual damage type.

• Like 1

Thanks in advance!

It worked pretty good.

The good thing about scepters are there is no penalty for using them in melee so you never need to switch to anything else. Plus they are dual damage type.

Well, I didn't know that... That is pretty awesome.  I nonetheless don't really see a ranger as someone running around with scepters... but I'm definitely going to keep that in mind!

"1 is 1"

Oh Man! I somehow read cipher/rogue instead of cipher/ranger. I'm sorry!

:facepalm:

Haha- no worries!  I just assumed that you were replying to someone else, though those builds do sound interesting.  Since I'm going to be continuing from my last playthrough, want to keep him a ranger, but I really like the idea of ranger/cipher (though the ranger/shifter sounds pretty sweet as well, just think that the ranger/cipher lends itself to more role play opportunities).

"1 is 1"

Not much. Skalds need melee crits in order to get phrases faster. Furies have a ranged attack when shifted.

Of course you could either skip melee crits and just rely on the lower cost for offensive invocations and/or skip the shifting with the Fury and it will still work somehow. But that's not really good synergy. Also Spirit of Decay and so on do not work with chanter invocations becaause those are labeled with "offensive invocation" only but lack keywords like "electricity" or "forst" on invocation like "Thrice She was Wronged" or "Seven Nights" which do electricity and frost damage. Maybe this will get adressed in another patch. Josh said that this is not right - but who knows what they can fix until May 8th?

Troubadour/Fury could be nice because you could stay ranged - and stuff like Sure Handed Ila + Mith Fyr will be a great combo for your ranged attacks. If you kill an enemy while in shifted form you get more shift duration. With Sure Handed Ila and Mith Fyr you'd have two parallel phrases that increase your (and your party's) dps significantly while you use your natural weapons.

In general Fury is great with the new beta4: A fury gains +1 PEN for all the elemental druid spells AND can take the elemental PEN abilites like Scion of Flame and so on. That's +2 PEN with your chosen elemental spells (either if you focus on one element or take multiple of the elemental PEN abilites). Since both are passive, they should stack with something like Tenacious (+5 MIG, +2 PEN).

Speaking of Tenacious: I think multiclassing with a Monk (pref. Helwalker for the immense MIG bonus) is a good idea. You can stack +4 PEN on your elemental spells with Thunderous Blows, gain +30% shocking lash and +20% speed (stacks with Sure Handed Ila) on your fury attacks with Lightning Strikes and using Duality of Mortal Presence and Enlightened Agony to buff INT - those are great synergies. Even if a single class fury might be better (?), it surely will be effective. I didn't test it yet though - just theorycrafting.

Also Long Stride and one good healing spell should make it easier for the Helwalker part to survive.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

I personally found the single-classed Fury underwhelming. Its Spiritshift isn’t generally as good as the others and a fundamental spell like relentless storm (which takes fairly long to cast) has a rather short duration. I’d sooner play an Animist at present.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Did you try it in beta4? Because the shorter casting times and the +2 PEN make a difference.

Also: Fury's increased reach (20%) + Far Cast stack.

Edit: I made a mistake when theorycrafting about Fury/Helwalker: Furies can't have healing spells. :)

Edited by Boeroer

Yeah, it was beta4; guess I just didn’t pick good spells, maybe. Might give it another try.

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Good lord Eothas - I just did said Fury/Helwalker combo as Nature Godlike with Heart of the Storm & Thunderous Blows (Thund. Blows triggers Wellspring of Life) starting into the fight with dual scepters with Destructive Channeling to get some wounds. I have +5 PEN at lvl 9. Returning Storm lasts a long time with INT bonuses and has 14.5 PEN - I get ~40 shock damage out of it on hits. Once this is running I can use Storm's Rage which also has 14 PEN and gave me crits over 100 shock damage. The natural weapon hits for around 40 damage + 30 damage (jump). I used Two Handed Style which applies. By the way: the jump also hits the initial target if there's no secondary - making it quite potent in 1:1 situations. They also profit from Heart of the Storm! I added and removed Heart of the Storm during combat and the shock weapon of the FUry instantly gains/loses 1 PEN.

Also Dancing Bolts hits quite hard with 14 PEN.

I can't get Duality to work though. Would prolong my storms and shifting more.

Granted - this would also work well with an Animist. He would lose a bit of range and 1 PEN compared to a Fury (with weapons and spells).

By the way I also checked if Firebrand gets +1 PEN from Scion of Flame - and it does!

It seems that weapons with physical damage + elemental lashes do not, but weapons which do elemental damage primarily do profit! Hence Fury's natural weapons and Firebrand profit while other shifters' natural weapons + Wildstrike will not.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

I think about multiclass polearm monk. The obvious solution for second class is fighter, but for roleplay reasons, I want ranger or cipher. How viable this builds would be? I'm not munchkin or power gamer, but don't want to play as a gimped character either. I'm going to play on hard or PotD, not decided yet.

I thought Firebrand didn’t get the bonus; will need to test again. Regardless, I know QA are doing “key word passes” to ensure everything’s got the appropriate key words, so hopefully all elemental spells and abilities will profit from rugose talents at release :)

How come Duality didn’t work?

Edited by AndreaColombo

I think about multiclass polearm monk. The obvious solution for second class is fighter, but for roleplay reasons, I want ranger or cipher. How viable this builds would be? I'm not munchkin or power gamer, but don't want to play as a gimped character either. I'm going to play on hard or PotD, not decided yet.

Monk/Cipher is a solid choice. When taking Shattered Pillar you can fill two pools while doing damage. When taking another monk you can gain wounds when getting hit and focus when hitting. :)

Also Thunderous Blows + Hammering Thoughts stack for +3 PEN.

Sharpshooter/Monk is great with Long Pain because of +PEN/+ACC and Driving Flight - but with a Pollaxe ("polearm"?) I don't see that much synergy other than with the Stalker's bonuses.

• Like 1

Sharpshooter/Monk is great with Long Pain because of +PEN/+ACC and Driving Flight - but with a Pollaxe ("polearm"?) I don't see that much synergy other than with the Stalker's bonuses.

By polearm I mean any long stick weapon :) Pike, quarterstaff, pollaxe will suit. But in the absence of naginata, I think pollax will be the best choice.

So, I will choose Monk/Cipher then, thank you.

Okay, I've been ruminating back and forth on one thing in particular recently, and now I just have to ask; what in the world is the ideal multiclass synergy for the Darcozzi Paladini?

I mean, all the other Paladin orders have obvious synergies; Bleak Walkers do well as melee DPS (Black Flames), Kind Wayfarers as frontline healer (White Flames), Goldpact Knights as pure tank (Gilded Enmity), and Shieldbearers as sword-and-board engagement sponges. But the only thing Darcozzi get is Flames of Darcozzi Palace, and that weak Flame Shield really doesn't feel like it brings as much to the table as the other Paladin talents do. So with that in mind, is there any multiclass that Darcozzi can excel in to an extent that other Paladins can't match?

My theorycrafting so far has come up with;

1) Darcozzi/Streetfighter Holy Slayer; acts as a Riposte/Retaliation tank with Flames of Darcozzi Palace, Riposte, and Retaliation/Flame Shield gear. Touch the pally and get burned; whiff with the attempt and get countered. But what I've read so far suggests that Riposte isn't exactly as effective as it seems, so I'm not sure how well this will work. Also, doesn't exactly have many tools to actually keep enemies from bypassing her and going for the backline instead.

2) Darcozzi/Unbroken Crusader; solves the issue of #1 with Into the Fray and Guardian Stance, but loses the counterattack of Riposte. Also, Flames of Darcozzi Palace may burn the enemy, but Goldpact and Shieldbearers probably enjoy better synergy purely in terms of tanking hits, and Wayfarers brings AoE healing to the table. So what does Darcozzi really do better than the rest in this role?

3) Darcozzi/Troubadour Herald; AoE DPS, takes Flames of Darcozzi Palace and doubles down on the fire damage with Scion of Flame + Aefyllath + Dragon Thrashed + Sacred Immolation. But every other Paladin could do the exact same thing, and it's not like Flames of Darcozzi Palace is that much of an edge over the rest. Plus this takes much time and levels until it's feature-complete, so it only reaches its potential mid- to late-game.

After that, I'm out of ideas. So, do the beta testers have anything better from first-hand experience?

On another note, if I want to designate another character as the melee DPS specialist (planning on DW Sabres Berserker/Devoted Brute, for the record), and make my Watcher a Paladin who focuses on melee support and tanking - being the Shield to the other guy's Sword, basically - what's the best Paladin multiclass for it? At the moment, I'm thinking Kind Wayfarer (for the White Flames heal, Zealous Focus, and Exhortation support), and either Unbroken (uses Engagement to set up targets in place for the Brute to knock down) or Troubadour (Aefyllath for offensive support and/or Silver Knights for defensive support). Would this work, or is there a better way of going about it?

Okay, I've been ruminating back and forth on one thing in particular recently, and now I just have to ask; what in the world is the ideal multiclass synergy for the Darcozzi Paladini?

I mean, all the other Paladin orders have obvious synergies; Bleak Walkers do well as melee DPS (Black Flames), Kind Wayfarers as frontline healer (White Flames), Goldpact Knights as pure tank (Gilded Enmity), and Shieldbearers as sword-and-board engagement sponges. But the only thing Darcozzi get is Flames of Darcozzi Palace, and that weak Flame Shield really doesn't feel like it brings as much to the table as the other Paladin talents do. So with that in mind, is there any multiclass that Darcozzi can excel in to an extent that other Paladins can't match?

My theorycrafting so far has come up with;

1) Darcozzi/Streetfighter Holy Slayer; acts as a Riposte/Retaliation tank with Flames of Darcozzi Palace, Riposte, and Retaliation/Flame Shield gear. Touch the pally and get burned; whiff with the attempt and get countered. But what I've read so far suggests that Riposte isn't exactly as effective as it seems, so I'm not sure how well this will work. Also, doesn't exactly have many tools to actually keep enemies from bypassing her and going for the backline instead.

2) Darcozzi/Unbroken Crusader; solves the issue of #1 with Into the Fray and Guardian Stance, but loses the counterattack of Riposte. Also, Flames of Darcozzi Palace may burn the enemy, but Goldpact and Shieldbearers probably enjoy better synergy purely in terms of tanking hits, and Wayfarers brings AoE healing to the table. So what does Darcozzi really do better than the rest in this role?

3) Darcozzi/Troubadour Herald; AoE DPS, takes Flames of Darcozzi Palace and doubles down on the fire damage with Scion of Flame + Aefyllath + Dragon Thrashed + Sacred Immolation. But every other Paladin could do the exact same thing, and it's not like Flames of Darcozzi Palace is that much of an edge over the rest. Plus this takes much time and levels until it's feature-complete, so it only reaches its potential mid- to late-game.

After that, I'm out of ideas. So, do the beta testers have anything better from first-hand experience?

On another note, if I want to designate another character as the melee DPS specialist (planning on DW Sabres Berserker/Devoted Brute, for the record), and make my Watcher a Paladin who focuses on melee support and tanking - being the Shield to the other guy's Sword, basically - what's the best Paladin multiclass for it? At the moment, I'm thinking Kind Wayfarer (for the White Flames heal, Zealous Focus, and Exhortation support), and either Unbroken (uses Engagement to set up targets in place for the Brute to knock down) or Troubadour (Aefyllath for offensive support and/or Silver Knights for defensive support). Would this work, or is there a better way of going about it?

You can use the minor flame shield on yourself or on an ally or multiple allies (or summons, etc.). It should stack with the regular flame shield too. When cast on another character, the damage etc is still based on the Paladin's might etc. 

Earliest a multiclass can get flame shield is level 10, just outside the beta. Can't console it in afaik. For the final game there's also the question of whether items provide minor flame shield or flame shield, etc.

Personally I enjoy the idea of a Darcozzi paladin giving several summons a minor flame shield to go along with the flaming weapons chant and shared flames. 

If you *want* to get hit (for monk wounds, Barbarian blooded, or streetfighter On the edge), it's a nice bonus and lets you get a multiclass flame shield early on. There's also a paladin passive that gives up +% damage after being hit up to +25%. 

Maybe mostly ranged glass cannon / healer using flame shield on ranger pet or summons (or with frontliners who benefit from being hit---retaliation, blooded, etc.)? 

When last I checked the flame shield didn't seem to discourage enemies from attacking, but that was several patches ago....

Edited by SaruNi

I can't add it to my UI via console

I've had success using "Duality_of_Mortal_Presence_A_Modal" and "Duality_of_Mortal_Presence_B_Modal"

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 1