would the Bleak Walker FoD add its bonus effect?

No, sadly not. It's just the usual burning lash of Shared Flames. But still: Mith Fyr + Shared Flames is great for summons' damage while you can stack Ancient Memory and Zealous Endurance (Robust AoE regeneration at later levels). Paladin/Beckoner is a great combo. I like to use a pike to lower enemies defelction and send all skeletons onto one target. In theory this should be great with Combusting Wounds. But at the moment it seems to do nothing?

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Recently played:

Unbroken/Street Fighter

I hoped that the massive PEN of the Unbroken and the increased Sneak Attack and crit damage of the Streef Fighter (once flanked) would make Disengagement Attacks fearsome and also that Riposte may be worthwhile. Dumped DEX and gave him a sabre + modal + buckler + modal and plate armor, mainly relying on disengagement and Riposte.

Well nobody leaves that guy now. They just knock him out and then go on with their thug life. :)

Beguiler/Trickster

With Blast I had a blast. ;) Start by causing hobbled + bleeding via Arterial Strike in an AoE, then use Eystrike (and gain focus in the process), Whisper of Treason, then Arterial Strike again... Very nice CC character and ok damage. But I played him with a mod taht reduced casting times a bit.

Mage Slayer/Goldpact Knight
In theory I wanted to rush casters with Zealous Endurance and Golden Enmity and use FoD and Barbaric Blow in combo with the spell disrupting effect. Seems spell disrupting does nothing in beta 3? It applies an affliction but I never saw that attacks interrupted or canceled enemies' spellcasting. Or was this reduced to kith enemies and doesn't work on Lagufaeth anymore? It used to...

Evoker/Fury
Pure nuker. I wanted to expand the resource pool for damaging spells and only chose friendly fire spells that either do burn or freeze damage - as well as Returning Storm of course. I took a pale elf and gave him Bulwark and the Stormturner Cloak, too. He wore a breastplate then. With that much AR against burn/freeze I could easily cast Fireballs (also empowered, although that still hurts) on myself while doing a bit of baiting/tanking. Pretty nice - but only with the aforementioned mod that reduced casting times (and recovery) a bit. Else I could never spend all the spell uses during one encounter.

• Like 1

My planned party:

human res/dex unbroken/no subclass rogue - a perfect balance of dps and tankiness.

elf con/dex bleak walker/stalker - 10 + 20 acc full attacks + awesome defences

orlan dex/per devoted/soulblade - superb penetration and occasional whisper of treason

nature int/res godlike priest of wael/(troubadour) - cc and healbot. maybe will go full wael depending on the higher tier spells' awesomeness

orlan dex/res no subclass wizard - cc and damage.

Guys throw me an arquebus build, keep in mind that reload time is unaffected by armor (still effected by dex).

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

Berserker/Stalker seems really good. You can get a massive AR bonus though frenzy, stalker's link and passives.

Confusion in Pillars 1 caused:

Every 6 seconds the afflicted randomly starts to:
attack their allies
behave normally
do nothing
move into a random direction

Can you offer some insight into how the Berserker's Frenzy affects him?  Does he randomly do nothing or move in random directions?  Does he randomly switch targets while attacking?

Also, your example talks about Berserker + Stalker, but for Stalker to gain bonuses he has to be within 4m of his pet.  Wouldn't that mean that he would be at risk of attacking his own pet from time to time?

Berserker/Stalker seems really good. You can get a massive AR bonus though frenzy, stalker's link and passives.

attack their allies
behave normally
do nothing

Can you offer some insight into how the Berserker's Frenzy affects him?  Does he randomly do nothing or move in random directions?  Does he randomly switch targets while attacking?

Also, your example talks about Berserker + Stalker, but for Stalker to gain bonuses he has to be within 4m of his pet.  Wouldn't that mean that he would be at risk of attacking his own pet from time to time?

Confused is changed in PoE 2, it no longer makes u lose control of your character. 

PoE II Confused: -5 Int, cause friendly fire when u do AOE attacks.

attack their allies
behave normally
do nothing

Confused is changed in PoE 2, it no longer makes u lose control of your character. 

That's it?  No other effects??

attack their allies
behave normally
do nothing

Bear in mind, Carnage is an AoE effect... though it only applies to melee weapon attacks.

Confusion's friendly fire also affects jump spells/abilities like driving flight and the fury druid storm blight form's ranged attack.

Edited by SaruNi

attack their allies
behave normally
do nothing

Bear in mind, Carnage is an AoE effect... though it only applies to melee weapon attacks.

Confusion's friendly fire also affects jump spells/abilities like driving flight and the fury druid storm blight form's ranged attack.

Still seems vastly nerfed from what it did in PoE1

I think it had to be nerfed because it had to fit into the new affliction/inspiration system which works with stats as a basis and has three tiers.

So in case of Intellect afflictions that's Confused -> Charmed -> Dominated. Each tier is supposed to be a lot more severe than the one before.

You can counter afflictions with inspirations of the same base stat and Resistance. In this case Resistance to Intellect afflictions which will tune down the affliction that hits you by one tier. Meaning that Berserker who is resistant to Intellect afflictions will not get confused at all and if he gets hit by a charm effect he will only get confused.

I guess that's also the reason why prone got nerfed so hard: it had to fit in the new system and be notably weaker than stun and so on.

I think it had to be nerfed because it had to fit into the new affliction/inspiration system which works with stats as a basis and has three tiers.

So in case of Intellect afflictions that's Confused -> Charmed -> Dominated. Each tier is supposed to be a lot more severe than the one before.

You can counter afflictions with inspirations of the same base stat and Resistance. In this case Resistance to Intellect afflictions which will tune down the affliction that hits you by one tier. Meaning that Berserker who is resistant to Intellect afflictions will not get confused at all and if he gets hit by a charm effect he will only get confused.

I guess that's also the reason why prone got nerfed so hard: it had to fit in the new system and be notably weaker than stun and so on.

Thanks for explaining that, it makes more sense now.

Does that mean that a Berserker who has an item that grants resistance against Intellect afflictions won't be confused by his Frenzy?

Also some of the races have resistances as racial feats now. For example Wood Elves have Resistance against Dexterity Afflictions (Hobbled and so on), Wild Orlands have Resistance against Resolve Afflictions (all the fear stuff), Mountain Dwarves have Resistance against Constitution Afflictions (Sickend, Weakened...). Unfortunately (for Berserkers) there's no race with a Resistance to Intellect Afflictions. ;)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

The fear stuff is considerably worse than it was in Pillars. At least Terrified (level 3) is, so Wild Orlans getting complete immunity to that is a real benefit. All the resistances are actually really strong, because, not only do they make you immune to the lowest level, they mean you can never be hit by the highest. Interestingly, the icons for the afflictions leave room for the existence of a 4th level of each affliction (if you look at the pips that indicate the strength), which potentially implies worse stuff coming in the DLCs.

Can you play as a Priest of Berath/Bleak Walker? There is a conflict of disposition (Cruel).

"Berath  - Cannot multiclass with Bleak Walker, Kind Wayfarer, or Darcozzi paladins.

• Eothas -  Cannot multiclass with Bleak Walker paladins.
  • Magran -  Cannot multiclass with Shieldbearer, Kind Wayfarer, Goldpact, or Darcozzi paladins.
  • Skaen -  Cannot multiclass with Shieldbearer, Bleak Walker, Kind Wayfarer, or Darcozzi paladins.
  • Wael -  Cannot multiclass with Shieldbeaer, Kind Wayfarer, or Goldpact paladins."

Pretty sure that hasn't changed....

• Like 1

It's a pity because Bleak Walker + Spiritual Great Sword would be very nice. They could have made it so that you automatically take Untroubled Faith as first ability when choosing those combos. :)

Edited by Boeroer

Yes. A lot. :)

Basically all melee heavy classes work well with monk. Swift Flurry + Cleaving Stance is a (not so) secret tip for example.

Also monk with ranger works quite well. The Long Pain and Swift Flurry work with Driving Flight...

Edited by Boeroer

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I have. It's good. But I think the standard wizard is better because the Illusionist loses access to some spells that are also very useful for a tanking setup (Spirit Shield, Infuse with Vital Essence, Arcane Veil, Bulwark against the Elemements, Iron Skin and Llengrath's Safeguard). In my opinion the auto-mirrored image  does not balance out the loss of those good spells - at least not in this case. 

Fun fact: In beta1 you could use Unbroken/Wizard with a lot of engagement slots and then cast Ryngrim's Repulsive Visage in order to drive the enemies away from you, triggering disengagement attacks. This was nerfed recently so that terrified enemies no longer suffer disengagement attacks when they flee.

edit: typos

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Yes, I have. It's good. But I think the standard wizard is better because the Illusionist loses access to some spells that are also very useful for a tanking setup (Spirit Shield, Infuse with Vital Essence, Arcane Veil, Bulwark against the Elemements, Iron Skin and Llengrath's Safeguard). In my opinion the auto-mirrored image does not balance out the loss of those good spells - at least not in this case.

Fun fact: In beta1 you could use Unbroken/Wizard with a lot of engagement slots and then cast Ryngrim's Repulsive Visage in order to drive the enemies away from you, triggering disengagement attacks. This was nerfed recently so that terrified enemies no longer suffer disengagement attacks when they flee.

edit: typos

How do you play the build - buff before engaging ? Or engage and then cast while in the face of the enemy