On Weapon Sets (Suggested Major Improvement)...

ADDENDUM:

Thanks AndreaColombo... I did not know what the green square in the upper right was though figured out it is a copy item (clone) which I can then drop into other WS. VERY COOL ADDITION...  :grin: 

---------------

When a player selects Weapon Sets (for PCs & NPCs), I have noticed a highly unrealistic forced choice which is extremely unrealistic now that I think about it.  I am playing a wizard and at the outset of the game, I have a +1 Shield, +1 Battle Ax ("borrowed" from natives), and a wand.  It makes absolutely makes no sense that my character would not use the SAME +1 Shield in both the Weapon Sets. I should be able to select the shield for each:

​WS I  - Battle Ax & Shield (Melee Set)

WS II - Wand & Shield (Ranged Attack)

If you think about it, this makes zero sense... if you owned 1 Shield and multiple One-Hanged Weapons... few people would not equip the one shield with each single weapon.

In fact, I should be able to select the same item for any Weapon Set (e.g., I might have a +5 Flaming Sword which I decide will always be my weapon of choice, but I have a +2 Medium Shield of Dragon Slaying [1/2 Damage from Breath Weapons] and a +5 Large Shield.  Obviously, I would have the following Weapon Sets:

​WS I   - +5 Flm Sword & +5 Large Shield (for General Melee)

WS II  - +5 Flm Sword & +2 Med Shield of Dragon Slaying (for Drakes & Dragon Fights)

As a more experienced and diverse character, I should be allowed tons of variations using the same items in multiple slots.  For example, I might be a Paladin/Wizard with the Flaming Sword and shields above plus a +3 War Bow of Ice [1/2 Damage = Cold] & Wand of Corrosive Siphon [10% Chance To Inflict Corrosive Siphon - Target Can Be Re-Inflicted Each Round Though Spell Cannot Be Stacked]

WS I   - +5 Flm Sword & +5 Large Shield (for General Melee)

WS II  - +5 Flm Sword & +2 Med Shield of Dragon Slaying (for Drakes & Dragon Fights)

WS III - Wand of Corrosive Siphon & +5 Large Shield (for Ranged w/Defense Against Ranged)

WS IV - +3 War Bow of Ice (for Ranged)

​One of the simplest ways to allow this to happen is to not lift the item out of the characters inventory, but simply assign it to the chosen slot. Yes, some foolish players with 4 Weapon Sets 'could' chose +1 Sword and +1 Shield for every single WS, but so what... 

​OTHER THOUGHTS: SLINGS 

​I never understood the reason that Slings were not included in the weapon choices - slings are ideal choice for missile weapon usable with shield with the balance being they have a little less range and damage potential than arrows.​

Edited by TygerxEyes

`Tyger~ :cat:

Of course, in the zany world of Pets in Pillars, what I would not likely do is... stuff one pet (much less all of them) in the airless hole of my stash... squished in between armor, blades, potions, and food (lol) - with one of two likely results: "Ew, Steve the Spider got squished between the +2 Shield and +3 Barbed Plate! " or " DARN IT! FIDO! Did you eat all the jerky AGAIN! It's dog-bone soup, tonight! "

Deadfire already lets you “clone” any weapon or shield so you can use it in more than one set.

• Like 3

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Nice - how?

`Tyger~ :cat:

Of course, in the zany world of Pets in Pillars, what I would not likely do is... stuff one pet (much less all of them) in the airless hole of my stash... squished in between armor, blades, potions, and food (lol) - with one of two likely results: "Ew, Steve the Spider got squished between the +2 Shield and +3 Barbed Plate! " or " DARN IT! FIDO! Did you eat all the jerky AGAIN! It's dog-bone soup, tonight! "