Form of the Fearsome Brute

dunehunter

I like it a lot! Ogre + Corpse Eater: one if the most natural multiclass options. ;)

Just takes way too long to cast. And why do my mental stats like Resolve and Intellect change? Doesn't make a lot of sense...

I wouldn't oppose something like Citzal's Martial Power instead though.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I like it a lot! Ogre + Corpse Eater: one if the most natural multiclass options. ;)

Just takes way too long to cast. And why do my mental stats like Resolve and Intellect change? Doesn't make a lot of sense...

I wouldn't oppose something like Citzal's Martial Power instead though.

Well it fits your Barbarian roleplay, not my battlemage style :D

Talking about power aspect, the Evoker get a 30% damage boost, Illusionist and Enchanter get good spell triggers.

However, both conjurer and transmuter get a lvl 1 spell which cost resource, and not that useful imo.

Edited by dunehunter

It would be useful if it only took 0.5 secs like most other buffs. Because if you get attacked you could quickly transform into an Ogre and slap the cap off of the attacker. Because the ogre weapons scale with level/power level and really hurt while health is enormous.

Would be like Spiritshift (Ogre) basically - which is not bad. I just don't get why they made it such a long cast. Now it doesn't work as emergency button but you can only use it if you cast it right at the start of the encounter (where you usually want to do other stuff). Same with the summoned weapons by the way.

• Like 1

It would be useful if it only took 0.5 secs like most other buffs. Because if you get attacked you could quickly transform into an Ogre and slap the cap off of the attacker. Because the ogre weapons scale with level/power level and really hurt while health is enormous.

Would be like Spiritshift (Ogre) basically - which is not bad. I just don't get why they made it such a long cast. Now it doesn't work as emergency button but you can only use it if you cast it right at the start of the encounter (where you usually want to do other stuff). Same with the summoned weapons by the way.

Did you notice the Ogre form will create a animal hide in your armor slot, which has only 6 armor rate but +100% recovery time? It is terrible currently.

And honestly, if I got attacked, Arcane Veil or other defensive spell is way better than Ogre form, when you choose to turn into an Ogre without buff, you are actually killing yourself because Ogre form has low armor rate, defense, and spell disable. But if you want to smash things then it's your personal favor, I'd rather disengagement and reposition so I can blast my offensive/CC spells again.

And last, you cannot use summoned weapon in Ogre form, which is counter its theme as a melee focused wizard build. Tensor like spell would be much more useful in later game.

Edited by dunehunter

That is correct. But I guess there already is Citzal's Martial Power coming at higher spell levels.

This is the "weaker" level 1 alternative. Remember that you'l have it from lvl 1. We're starting at lvl 6 in the beta. I think in the ealry game it will be very strong.

THe good thing about he Ogre is that the increase of stats like MIG and CON is not considered a buff/inspiration but it's the natural stats of your form. Therefore it stacks with inspirations. With a berseker + Ogre you get crazy high MIG/CON score aaand abysmal INT. ;)

At the moment I agreee that it's cool for multiclassing but not very useful for single class wizards.

I would also like to keep my equipped weapon OR to be able to switch to my second weapons set (Ogre with morning star or so sounds fun).

I thought it was the stupidest thing, until I actually tried it. I also found that it's a lot of fun. It feels a lot different than using a shapeshifting druid.

The casting time is a serious problem currently.

The new ogre model is gorgeous (well, gorgeously ugly). I don't know how you guys all felt, but I really hated the ogre models in PoE1.

I have nothing against polymorphing spells, however, imho, it'd be cooler if there was something as powerful, secret and hard to get as this in POE2:

http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/Big_Metal_Unit

AGREED.

Edited by cheesevillain