A couple suggestions

AndreaColombo

Question

I've mentioned these elsewhere already, but I figured I'd put them on QA's radar. If they end up in the internal tracker, there's a higher chance they'll be considered for implementation—for hey, they implemented a walk toggle, right? So why not? :)

Walking command delay.

In both the first game and the Deadfire beta, all party members move in perfect sync like a party of robots.

The Infinity Engine games worked around this awkward presentation by adding a random delay of X milliseconds between the moment you clicked to issue a command to move, and the moment the command would be executed. This way, commanding a whole party to move from a point to another would have each character move in a slightly asynchronous way, which is more realistic.

Could a similar solution be adopted in Deadfire?

Cyan circles for neutral characters.

Currently, both neutral and allied characters share the same green-colored selection circle.

In the Infinity Engine games, neutral characters had cyan circles to help distinguish them from allies at a glance. Having the same feature in Deadfire would be a nice nostalgic throwback as well as a minor convenience feature (in Pillars of Eternity it was made possible via the IE Mod, but it would be nice not to have to resort to modding for this.)

This would obviously not affect Color Blind mode, where all circles are blue for reasons that go beyond nostalgia (being able to tell enemies from allies is more important than to be able to tell allies from neutrals.)

• Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

3 answers to this question

Yay!! :D

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus