Strength and resolve limiting use of certain weapons and spells?

The main reason I suggested making a stat for ranged damage is firearms. Strength can affect a bowstring but it can't affect a trigger. But, I concede your point that giving DEX both AS and Accuracy is too OP. What can be done with firearms to address this?

I dunno what you mean, the harder you pull the trigger the faster the bullet right? :p

Josh already said he's not splitting damage further and I'm with him, personally. I am cautiously optimistic about the Resolve split, but if every type of weapon has a different main stat I feel like that will just limit builds in a really frustrating way.

On the flip side, I would like to see a slightly stricter limitation on dumping. I know people lobbied to make it go down to 3 in the last Backer Beta but man... I really hate seeing those 3/3/18/18/18 builds (or whatever). Still, it's not like I care too much how other people play, so it's mostly a personal gripe.

Edited by Answermancer

I *despise* stat-based weapon requirements, always have. I want to use whatever weapon I feel is appropiate on whatever character I want. If I want my wizard to wield a two-handed sword, I should have that option without having to stat them as a fighter.

Divinity original sin 2 use stat-based weapon, although I love the game I hate that system a lot. It restricts my choice of weapon a lot.

Edited by dunehunter