overlapping tooltips

Madscientist

Question

7 answers to this question

Sorry, I just killed the enemies in the area, looted the camp (again I cannot find repair supplies in my inventory), saw the cut scene with the ghosts ( again strange illumination turning on and off during scene) and then I looted the body. This happened every time I put my mouse over the bluderbuss. The tooltip of the loot is shown and a second later the tooltip of my equipped items are shown as can be seen in the image.

This is my mercenary fighter and he is the first character in my party ( most left in the list of portraits).

It's the same bug with all tooltips I guess.

Do a level-up. Open up the description of any ability, for example Disciplined Barrage. This opens up a tooltip-window. If you drag this around so that some keywords with mouseover-effect are right "on top" of an underlying mouseover-effect of another keyword then this bug happens:

Hover over a keyword in the open tooltip-window while it lies on top of another ability in the tree. It happens very often that for example instead of the tooltip for "Aware" or whatever I get the one for "Superior Deflection". That is because Sup. Defl. lies "under" the current tooltip-window and somehow the order of triggered mouseover-evens is not handled properly - or inversely. In this case the underlying mouseover-effect of Sup. Deflection will be processed first, showing the tooltip of Sup. Defl. - and the event handling seems to cancel now. So the topmost mouseover event doesn't get catched anymore. It must be the other way round.

Hope this makes sense... :)

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Boeroer, I have posted the problem you describe already somewhere and it needs to be fixed.

The problem I have here is: Why is my current equipment shown at all when I put the mouse over things in the loot window?

My mouse is over the blunderbuss, so there is nothing under it. (except the sand on the ground, but this has no tooltip)

Edited by Madscientist

Because maybe your inventory is just a layer behind the actual map which is put in front/or made visible if you press "I". When looting it's invisible but still listens to/triggers events accidentially. Just a guess though.

Interesting theory

Maybe it is related to the " I look like Thaos bug". The image of all other chars looks normal, but the first char is overlapped with another image. You can see a square image on top of the first char, while all other chars have only a round image.

By the way: What do the numbers next to the portraits mean? ( 13 and 14 in my example )

That they have 14 free slots left in their inventory (you have 14 slots max there).

If it's full there is a symbol, too. So that you can quickly see that it makes no sense to give item x to the guy with the full inventory while looting.

My theory is just based on experience how game engines work (although I have little knowledge about Unity - just watched a few tutorials). It's common to load all UI subscenes/objects (that you want to access without loading times) into the main scene and disable them/shift them to an underlying layer/make then invisible. It makes more sense to load all that stuff into your scene when you load a savegame - instead of loading things like inventory screen, char sheet and so on every time you press the command key. But you have to make sure that the UI elements are dead while the object (like char sheet) is not active/visible/in the front.

Edited by Boeroer