Stunned / Paralyzed / Prone

theBalthazar

There is a part of decadence already known for wizard (More cast time, less efficient in term of damage etc).

But there is also a new thing.

Stunned : In short, -5 might (-10 in fortitude) -5 penetration (if you are stun... useless debuff). (was -30 deflection before). So stay -10 fortitude only...

So you are immobile, you dodge (Deflection) the blows as well than normally  ?

I understand why this nerf. -30 deflection was too much. Indeed. But why not a -15 ?

Petrified : -25 deflection.

Paralysed : -20 deflection.

Stunned : -15 deflection.

Prone : -10 deflection.

It is purely a logical question. If you are immobile, should you just lose in fortitude (case of stunned) ?

If not, Wizard will be lose again a great interrest of debuff.

Stunned for exemple is THIRD affliction (best of the best of his category...). It is pretty bad atm.

----------------

Severity of afflictions, by Lamppost

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/94589-severity-of-afflictions/?do=findComment&comment=1953211

Edited by theBalthazar
  • Like 1

I actually made a topic about this a while ago, but it didn't gain much traction. 

And I am in agreement; hard CCs feel like they should severely reduce enemy defences. Hell, Afflictions could probably even more severe since they're also more easily cured now.

Perhaps the update will shed more light on this, but as of now, it seems ludicrous that hitting a paralyzed foe is only slightly easier than one who's up and about, and that's only with Reflex attacks; Deflection isn't affected at all.

Prone, as discussed in the other topic, has been reworked from an affliction to a stronger interrupt that's recovered from almost instantly.

Edited by Lamppost in Winter
  • Like 1

If I understand right, Paralysed atm is an under-mix between ex-paralysed and ex-petrified.

NEW Paralysed : (Dexterity Affliction level ***)

50 % of incoming hits converted to crits.

-5 dexterity (-10 Reflex) (Also -15 % AS but useless if you are paralysed...)

EX Paralysed (POE1) :

-100 Dexterity

-40 Deflection

-40 Reflex

Edited by theBalthazar

If I understand right, Paralysed atm is an under-mix between ex-paralysed and ex-petrified.

PoE1 petrify was equal to PoE1 Paralyze + 1.0 incoming damage coefficient (aka deathblows for everyone).

But yes, new Paralyze is weaker than it's PoE1 counterpart =\

> -40 reflex with -100 dexterity were resulting in target having 0 reflex, so all of your AoE stuff (like fireballs and especially Dragon Trashed) would land even if casters had dumped PER.

> -40 deflection is a stronger deflection debuff than 50% incoming hits to crits:

- minus 40 deflection would shift something like [15 miss / 35 graze / 50 hit / 0 crit] to [10 graze / 50 hit / 40 crit]

- while 50% hit to crit would shift same resolution to [15 miss / 35 graze / 25 hit / 25 crit]; and if you can't hit the target (due to very high deflection), then you will get not shift at all, and it will be as hard to connect your swings on paralyzed target as it was while it was unparalyzed.

Tbh, cc becoming weaker, slower and more unreliable saddens me.

50 % of incoming hits converted to crits.

The only good thing about new paralyze is that hit-to-crit conversion seems to affect all defences and not only deflection.[/color] Edited by MaxQuest

On that note, Unconscious is also now simply a 10 second Prone until they take damage, whereas in PoE it was equivalent to Paralyze. I feel Unconscious should be pretty severe, maybe even more so than Paralyze, but with the caveat that damage will wake them up?

The Sleep effect in Dragon Age: Origins also had interesting combos with Fear effects, so that might be something to consider, too (but I'm just spitballing at this point).

Hi all,

It seems Stunned isn't actually working as intended and was designed to apply a small deflection penalty on the affected. Thanks for catching that!

Neither paralyzed or prone are currently designed to give you a deflection penalty; the former was given the hit-to-crit conversion to give it some offensive punch and the latter has been changed into a more powerful version of interrupt. I'll make sure the feedback on these are known though :)

-Kyle

• Like 5

I hate, hate, hate the change to prone. Significantly reduced my fighters active role in my party.

prone were nerfed, but pull works great.  too bad our multiclass unbroken beta tanks can't get the improved version o' pull... lower the guard or somesuch? does crush damage, can pull outta or into aoe, interrupts, dazes (which also lowers foe ap by 5) and also reduces foe ar by TEN. 

HA! Good Fun!

ps am thinking we misunderstand afflictions or had a bug, 'cause our wood elf monk, suffering no other afflictions, were paralyzed. were thinking paralysis were the 3rd tier o' dex afflictions. a wood elf would at worst gets immobilized, yes? hobbled<immobilized<paralyzed, correct?  wily step lowers paralysis to immobilized, no?

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Beetle's Shell used to be terrible because the huge deflection penalty from Stunned led to critical hits destroying the shell very quickly... it might be better if it didn't involve Stunned at all. Though since Stunned is a Might Affliction... can the "no action" part of Beetle's Shell and Withdraw can be gotten rid of with a third tier Might inspiration? From the tooltip Withdraw's "cannot take any action" effect only comes from Stunned, but from a quick test just now neither Berserker Frenzy nor Suppress Affliction get rid of it.

As a tier 3 Might Affliction, Stunned should be downgraded to tier 2 by the passive that grants resistance to Might afflictions... and cancel out with the Tenacious Inspiration from Champion's Boon, which must be at least tier 2 (Champion's Boon does have to be cast first because Withdraw makes the character untargetable). Yet on testing this did not prevent/cancel the "cannot move or take any action" from Withdraw, even though the tooltip for Withdraw implies that "cannot take any action" comes only from the Stunned affliction... haven't tried Beetle's Shell yet.

Edited by SaruNi

As a tier 3 Might Affliction, Stunned should be downgraded to tier 2 by the passive that grants resistance to Might afflictions... and then canceled by the Tenacious Inspiration from Champion's Boon, which must be at least tier 2. Yet on testing this did not remove the "cannot move or take any action" from Withdraw, even though the tooltip for Withdraw implies that "cannot take any action" comes only from the Stunned affliction... haven't tried Beetle's Shell yet.

Both Withdraw and Beetle's Shell won't work by the trick. I think they have special code to not be able to move.

• Like 1