Error : CE-34878-0 on PS4 (several times per day)

fced

Question

Hello, 

I am on PS4 Pro, and the game crash sometime, it happen when I enter or exit a place (during a loading screen).

And POE doesn't support the PS4 application sleep mode (leave the game in background while using another application), if I don't restart the game after I watched my movie, the game crash after a while...
Error : CE-34878-0

Is there a fix ? 

Thanls

Edited by fced

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...

9 answers to this question

The game crash also frequently during travel... Be warned save frequently or lose hours of playing...

Please fix this ...

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...

I would really appreciate a fix for those crashes, it is very very annoying, the game crash on PS4 more than 3 times per hour and not per day, each time I have to travel to another location, I have 1/3 chances to crash...

Please really, fix this...

The loading are very very long, more than any other game I know, and if it crashes it is terrible, each time we travel, we have to wait 1-2-3 minutes, then the game crash, then we have to re-launch it, wait for the loading screen and the message with the 70000 contributors, no way to skip that, and then another 2-3 minutes to load the games...

I spend More time on loading than playing...

PLEASE FIX THIS GAME, on PS4 it is broken !!!

Wanted to let you know that you're not the only one with that issue.  It's been happening to me over the last week or more, and didn't begin happening on a regular basis until I was in Act III and almost finished with WM2.  But it was occurring multiple times an hour, and then having to suffer through re-booting the game and sign in, inordinate load times, made the game almost unplayable.

BUT... I *think* I may have found a solution!  Do you have the autosave feature turned on?  If so, turn it off.  I've had it on my entire playthrough, but turned it off a few hours ago to see if it made a difference.  The first 10 or so load screens I entered, I saved right before travelling.  No issues.  Since then, I've gone through another 10+ load screens without even saving except after finishing a quest and haven't had an issue.  Granted, this needs to be confirmed further, but so far it's working for me.  Give it a shot and see if you have any luck.

And I may be imagining this, but honestly, I feel like the load times have improved as well, with the game not simultaneously having to think about saving while loading.  The load times are still ridiculous, but it's more bareable, and I'm getting much more questing done.  Good luck to ya!

• Like 1

Wanted to let you know that you're not the only one with that issue.  It's been happening to me over the last week or more, and didn't begin happening on a regular basis until I was in Act III and almost finished with WM2.  But it was occurring multiple times an hour, and then having to suffer through re-booting the game and sign in, inordinate load times, made the game almost unplayable.

BUT... I *think* I may have found a solution!  Do you have the autosave feature turned on?  If so, turn it off.  I've had it on my entire playthrough, but turned it off a few hours ago to see if it made a difference.  The first 10 or so load screens I entered, I saved right before travelling.  No issues.  Since then, I've gone through another 10+ load screens without even saving except after finishing a quest and haven't had an issue.  Granted, this needs to be confirmed further, but so far it's working for me.  Give it a shot and see if you have any luck.

And I may be imagining this, but honestly, I feel like the load times have improved as well, with the game not simultaneously having to think about saving while loading.  The load times are still ridiculous, but it's more bareable, and I'm getting much more questing done.  Good luck to ya!

Thank you, I will try that, it was the same with Skyrim if I remember correctly...

The hardest will be to think to save before traveling (just in case)I hope I will not lose hours of playing... :)

Edit : You could be right, i didn't got any game crash since 2 hours, and I traveled a lot (I done the entire endless path of cad nua to see If I didn't forgot anything)... Amazing 2 hours without a crash, that is a performance ...

Edited by fced

This time, it is not during fast travel but during save, I got a game crash while I was saving (it was the first time)... :(

POE really need some fixes on PS4, it is a good game, but it need improvement ...

It crash less than before with the auto-save feature disabled, but it still crash sometimes, I crashed right now while I was going from Durgan battery West tower (up) to the entrance, hopefully I saved before...

Edit : Without the auto-save it can be worst (if it crashes while you saved on your last save - can you imagine losing hours of playing), the game is crashing sometime during the saves... I never saw a game which crash so much... on the PS4 never...

Obsidian should really do something, there is a lot of users which don't spend their life on the forums, and have the same problem, but they don't complain...

In fact the problem is not the travel, it is the saves which crashes, during 12 hours of playing after I disabled auto-save, I got only one crash during travel, and 3 crashes during save...

PLEASE FIX IT

Edited by fced

To update my original post, the same night I posted that reply I had one crash issue during travel.  After that, like you, the occasional times it did crash were more often during a save than travel, although both happened a few more times.  Definitely MUCH better than before but it is a pain to have to manually save (and do so often).  Once the issue was corrected, though, I blew through the rest of the game in just over a day.  What I found that worked best (although still not perfect) was having 2 manual save files, and each time I would choose to save (which wasn't every load screen, but probably every 2-3 load screens), I would choose the older save file to overwrite.  So constantly alternating save files.  I'm a bit obsessive compulsive so this probably wasn't necessary, but that way I never lost much of my playtime, and ***IF***, god forbid, the save file corrupted completely, I wouldn't have to download the application saved data from online storage, which is only backed up once a day at best.

Good luck on the rest of your playthrough.  No spoilers, but the ending is very good and A LOT of choices you make in the game (especially during the last act) have an effect on the ending narrative, so make good choices!

• Like 1

To update my original post, the same night I posted that reply I had one crash issue during travel.  After that, like you, the occasional times it did crash were more often during a save than travel, although both happened a few more times.  Definitely MUCH better than before but it is a pain to have to manually save (and do so often).  Once the issue was corrected, though, I blew through the rest of the game in just over a day.  What I found that worked best (although still not perfect) was having 2 manual save files, and each time I would choose to save (which wasn't every load screen, but probably every 2-3 load screens), I would choose the older save file to overwrite.  So constantly alternating save files.  I'm a bit obsessive compulsive so this probably wasn't necessary, but that way I never lost much of my playtime, and ***IF***, god forbid, the save file corrupted completely, I wouldn't have to download the application saved data from online storage, which is only backed up once a day at best.

Good luck on the rest of your playthrough.  No spoilers, but the ending is very good and A LOT of choices you make in the game (especially during the last act) have an effect on the ending narrative, so make good choices!

I am doing the same, I never save over my last save (just in case), but yesterday I got a save error during a save, hopefully it didn't crashed the game...

I don't understand why Obsidian don't fix those problems, they are critical problems...

I removed and re-installed the game, but it didn't changed anything...

We the PS4 players would appreciate a word from Obsidian Developers, and a patch, because the game is nice but it is hard to play in these conditions... It is very frustrating... 

A game should bring pleasure, but in the actual state, we have one hour of fun, 30 minute of frustration...

Edited by fced

I started a new game, with a cipher, and since 30 hours, the game didn't crashed one time, not even one time...

I don't know if it is the WM which make the game crash, or if it is the hours of playing which broke after some time the save files...

Whatever it is, it should be a good idea for Obsidian developers to investigate and solve that problem !!

I have more than 35 hours of gameplay now on my New Game, and still not even one crash, not even one error Error : CE-34878-0, but the longer I play, the longer it take to load a save...