User Reported Issues

Cdiaz

Question

User Reported Issues:

The following issues listed have been reported on the forums during the Backer Beta. Currently, we don't have a perfect system set in place to convey this to you, the awesome community, so this post will hopefully help bridge that gap. We will be adding to this list to make this more fleshed out as more information comes in.

PLEASE NOTE:

What we are striving to achieve is a way to ensure that all new bugs that come our way get added to our system. That being said, there is a great chance that you may browse this list and wonder why your bug from your posts aren't on here, and the short answer is most of the bugs reported are already in our system. We have over 15k bugs currently filed, so the odds a bug hasn't been encountered is somewhat slim. 

For those that are worried that the same bug has been posted in a previous post and you have duplicated it, please do not worry! As the forum grows it gets increasingly more difficult to manage and find what bug goes to which post, so creating a new one is totally fine 

If you have any questions, feel free to message any of the known Developers and we will do our best to get back to you in a timely fashion. 

As always, remember we appreciate your help in posting these bugs, and think you're absolutely awesome!

Community Found Bugs

This is a list of new bugs that were not previously recorded in our system:

Spells and Abilities

• Spell Levels in Ability Trees and Grimoires do not match
  • Devoted Weapon skill does not work as intended for multiclassing
  • Bleak Walkers are missing the Shared Flames talent
  • Maura's Writhing Tentacle does not spawn tentacles correctly
  • Wood Skin Druid spell VFX remain on party after cast
  • Cat Flurry Druid ability tooltip shows incorrect bonuses
  • Bull's Will Passive can be obtained twice for Multiclass Players

Character Creation/Level Up

• Multiclassing can potentially gain both sides of mutually exclusive abilities when two points are awarded at once
  • Character's model hair becomes white on level up to characters in the fifth slot
  • Capes appear to be missing physics in the Inventory Screen

Items

• Players can duplicate items by severing the binding on soulbound items
  • Beza's Toothed Blade Saber is not properly set up as a weapon
  • Players can duplicate Rest Items by holding Shift and clicking on items

Combat

• Xaurips stand up in combat and are not targettable
  • Floating Combat text does not match Combat Log
  • Nature's Balm Level 3 Druid Spell cannot be cast when Spiritshifted

Miscellaneous

• Characters get stuck in the walls of the Engwithan Waystation by being pushed by other characters
  • Traps in Poko Kohara Int 2 display oddly when discovered by Player
  • Players can obtain infinite money or debt by buying hammer and chisels from Vektor
  • Death Godlike have access to beards
  • Vision Cones sometimes remain on screen when tab targeting
  • Players can steal everything with no repercussions in Tikawara after dealing with the Adra Pillar in Poko Kohara
  • -1 Repair pop up message displays at top right of the screen when finding Repair Items.
  • 150% Recovery Time shows for Recovery Tooltip on other weapons when equipped with any combination of 1-handed and unarmed, two 1-handed weapons, or unarmed weapon sets.
  • The area around the Known Locations UI cannot be clicked to travel

Suggestions we are currently looking into

• Rest Icon drag and drop area is very small
  • In-combat abilities should stop after combat ends (Paladin Wall)
  • Grimoires and spells known are confusing to players when trying to get a skill known through equipped Grimoires
  • Spirits during Poko Kohara desert cutscene are visually hard to see
  • Rangers are wildly ineffective for melee combat

Known Reported Bugs

These are bugs that come up frequently which have already been added to our system:

Spells and Abilities

• Ancient Brittle Bones Chanter spell does not spawn skeletons correctly
  • Stances/Auras are being displayed twice
  • Chanter Invocations are using Focus when they should not

Character Creation/Level Up

• Character Creation UI has incorrect sliders
  • Players can restart Character Creation and gain tons of abilities

Combat

• Mule Kick makes enemies untargettable and stuck in combat
  • Casting Wood Skin is difficult in combat
  • Enemies sometimes duplicate on save/load
  • Weapon Recovery speeds are inconsistent (Currently being worked on)
  • Skeleton Sorcerers attack themselves in Poko Kohara
  • Mataru Warriors attack themselves when hostile in Tikawara
  • Weapon Focus Barbarian ability is combat only (Currently being worked on)
  • Single-handed and Unarmed damage is different on Save/Load
  • Devoted debuff stems to Summoned Weapons

Miscellaneous

• Tons of missing strings, which now have their own thread
  • There is no way to toggle off Fast Mode when combat begins
  • Weapons are able to be duplicated to other Weapon Sets.
  • Vision cones for Blights are rendered incorrectly
  • UI Flickers after loading a save
  • Off screen Character Position Portraits all display the 5th slot party member
  • Font scales incorrectly for a lot of Quests and Character sheets
  • Character Dialog Requirements are not displaying necessary requirements
  • Cursor gets locked on different icons
  • AI resets their behaviors when changed from default
  • Animal Companions get duplicated and cannot be removed until an earlier save is loaded
  • Capes are missing textures
  • Ranger Animal Companions display in Inventory Screen instead of Ranger
  • A corpse in Tikawara levels up
  • Various Modal inconsistencies
  • Item description for Sigil of Nightmares Wardstone does not display a duration
  • Various Spell tooltip typos or misinformation
  • Various Item tooltip typos or misinformation
  • Quick Saving during animations causes animations to get stuck or stop playing
  • Traps do not mention damage data
  • Auto Pause feature triggers on long cast and normal attacks
  • Several Icons missing in game including:

1.    Conjurer Summon Familiar Ability

2.    Soul Annihilation Ability

3.    Worn Rope

4.    Shapeshifted Druid Armor in Inventory Screen

5.    Medical Supplies

6.    Repair Supplies

7.    Immunity: Disease Tooltip (On Xakoras)

8.    Cruelty and Curios Aura from Baubles of Fin

Edited by Cdiaz
  • Like 9

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

12 answers to this question

I'd say your team has been doing an excellent job. Gratz on 15k bugs...

Err, all of the sudden, I'm not sure my congratulations are in order in this context. Well, break a leg and squash 'em bugs in the process. :)

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Hey Caleb,

Re everybody’s hair turning white on level up, in my experience everybody takes on the hair color of the character who occupies the 5th slot when that particular character is leveled up. Might be worth checking :)

• Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Hey Caleb,

Re everybody’s hair turning white on level up, in my experience everybody takes on the hair color of the character who occupies the 5th slot when that particular character is leveled up. Might be worth checking :)

This had not been reported and appears to be the cause, thanks for the this!!

• Like 1

I'd say your team has been doing an excellent job. Gratz on 15k bugs...

Err, all of the sudden, I'm not sure my congratulations are in order in this context. Well, break a leg and squash 'em bugs in the process. :)

A very huge thanks goes to you, dam, Madscientist, AndreaColombo, the amazing streamers, and all the others that frequently post and help us investigate these things. I know I speak for the whole QA team when I say we sincerely appreciate the help you guys have provided. 

• Like 2

Nooo !... : p

• Multiclassing can potentially gain both sides of mutually exclusive abilities when two points are awarded at once

Goodbye, Wildstrike x 2 : p

Not gonna lie, I was also super sad about this "fix", I have been having a TON of fun getting me both passives in recent character builds :p

• Like 1

Nooo !... : p

Goodbye, Wildstrike x 2 : p

Not gonna lie, I was also super sad about this "fix", I have been having a TON of fun getting me both passives in recent character builds :p

You still have time for playing ???

I have about 40h "playtime", but I finished the beta only once so far because 80 - 90% of the time I am reporting bugs.

The good news is that my "actual time playing" is getting bigger because most things have already been reported.

At least until the next update comes, then everything starts again.

• Like 1

Caleb,

It appears the bug with every character’s taking up the hair color of the character occupying the fifth slot at level up is separate from the bug that makes characters’ hair white at level up.

I have effectively experienced both. Last time I ditched everybody from my party, leveled up, and found myself with white hair.

May want to let programmers know both bugs exist separately from one another.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Regarding the off-screen Character Position Portraits:

It is NOT who is in 5th position, but whoever was created last (which is usually who is in the 5th position).  I created a new fighter character at the "tavern" to replace the Mercenary Fighter and then moved her to the 2nd position.  It is her portrait which is shown for the off-screen portraits.

• Like 1