Riposte not working?

gammaray444

Question

I have been trying to play a riposte rogue and riposte does not seem to have ever triggered.  I don't know if it is supposed to trigger on every miss, but it has never triggered on any miss.  Here is a screenshot showing 4 misses in a row  on the rogue with no riposte attack.  Will the combat log say "riposte" on a riposte attack?

post-138529-0-94260300-1511661188_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

I have been trying to play a riposte rogue and riposte does not seem to have ever triggered.  I don't know if it is supposed to trigger on every miss, but it has never triggered on any miss.  Here is a screenshot showing 4 misses in a row  on the rogue with no riposte attack.  Will the combat log say "riposte" on a riposte attack?

Riposte works properly for me, It doesn't trigger on every miss, because it's chance based and has a interval cooldown I think. You shall do more test to see if it works :p

I went back in this morning and had my rogue fight 2 xaurip champions.  The champions had 20 misses in a row with no riposte attack.  My rogue had the defensive staff modal on, so I thought maybe the modal was breaking riposte.  I did the fight again without the modal and it also went 20 misses in a row with no riposte.   Maybe I am doing something wrong, but the Champions would appear to be making melee attacks targeting deflection, so it seems I should have got at least a few riposte attacks (I am not seeing a "yellow flash" like in POE 1 and the combat log does not name any attack  I make as a "riposte" (which I yesterday confirmed happened in POE 1) - I don't know if those two identifiers are in POE 2.

I will go back an play some more with different weapons and fight some other enemies.

• Like 2