[Bug?] Defensive talents stack with themselves

AndreaColombo

Question

1. Start a new game

2. Create a Druid/Monk multiclass character.

3. In-game, level the character up and make sure you select "Bull's Will" twice: Once from the Druid's list; once from the Monk's.

4. Observe that both instances of Bull's Will stack with each other:

xjVZw8k.png

NOTE:

For all I know, this might as well be intended:

• These are flat bonuses and therefore not subject to the normal Inspiration/Affliction stacking rules.
  • While they are the same talent, they are sourced from different pools in a multiclassed character—multiclass characters are supposed to synergize.
  • To get the bonus twice you need to invest twice the talent points, so it's not like it comes for free.

However, I figured I'd bring this up so that designers can confirm whether it is intended or not.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

2 answers to this question

Hey guys!

Great catch AndreaColombo! I'll add this into our database and User Reported Issues :). I also personally like the idea of changing the name, but since it doesnt fall on lil' oll me, Ill send the suggestion to the devs to assess. Thanks for your feedback!

You the best,

-Caleb

• Like 1

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...