Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Chainsaw

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

nmnighteyes

nmnighteyes

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Since taking the Berserker specifically, I was wondering, how big of a problem is the friendly fire for your other melees?
I was considering putting Pallegina near him for the AR aura if I went Gold Pact since they don't get Auras according to the Wiki.

Assuming friendly fire is a problem, would you consider dropping some Intellect to decrease the size of Carnage?

KDubya

KDubya

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1509 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

Since taking the Berserker specifically, I was wondering, how big of a problem is the friendly fire for your other melees?
I was considering putting Pallegina near him for the AR aura if I went Gold Pact since they don't get Auras according to the Wiki.

Assuming friendly fire is a problem, would you consider dropping some Intellect to decrease the size of Carnage?

I wouldn't drop Intellect on a Berserker, I like to go with a 15 for the longer duration for Frenzy. 

If it kills the team who cares? After the fight just eat some hardtack and rest. 

You would want to avoid friendly fire of Chants, auras benefitting enemies and AoE healing from Kind Wayfarer affecting enemies.

nmnighteyes

nmnighteyes

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

So, all intended abilities have been released :)

You still think, the Chainsaw is viable?

The really high level paladin abilities look sweet as does the barbarians...
So you think the synegy of the 2 classes will be good enough to make up for not getting access to those?

And yeah, i'm being a little pushy, sorry about that, just frustrated about not being able to start the game up yet and trying to cope in here ^_^

Also, can you confirm for me if multiclass will cap at level 7 abilities or higher or lower?
I've gotten a little contradicting information from some streamers :)

Edited by nmnighteyes, 07 May 2018 - 04:47 AM.

Wiseude

Wiseude

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 19 posts

So you think the synegy of the 2 classes will be good enough to make up for not getting access to those?

And yeah, i'm being a little pushy, sorry about that, just frustrated about not being able to start the game up yet and trying to cope in here ^_^

Also, can you confirm for me if multiclass will cap at level 7 abilities or higher or lower?

Asking the same question as you. I kept an eye on this class for some while now.

KDubya

KDubya

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1509 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

It's definitely viable. Combining any two of the melee classes I had in the original post - Berserker, Soul Blade, Paladin, Devoted, Shattered Pillar - would make for a great melee monster. There have been a lot of changes from Beta 1.0 when I wrote this and the actual game so some combos will be better than others. Also I haven't looked at any streams or ability lists so I'm not up on what the high level abilities are.

A lot depends on where armor, penetration and attack speed end up. Dual wielding might not be the absolute best anymore and wearing armor might or might not be useful.

Since Beta 3.0 I've gotten a lot more positive on single classes, especially Monks. The  quicker access to higher level abilities is really good. Lots of classes have pretty poor low level abilities to pick and a multiclass is stuck there for a long time. Plus a single class gets so many more picks in the one class. A level 20 single class would have 28 abilities while a multi would have at best 20 in one class and 7 in the other.

I'm in Afghanistan so probably won't be downloading that quickly, will take a day or two. Plus I'm rocking Battletech so DeadFire will have to wait.

XANi

XANi

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 13 posts

Now I wonder if it is possible to run that build on companion, Serafen in particular as he can get barb+cipher class.

Is there a list of what starting stats companion get ? I could only find a list of classes they can choose from

Nemesis7884

Nemesis7884

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 365 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

honestly i wanted to go goldpact-troubadour for a suppoert-tank...which would work fine, at the same time youre probably not doing a lot of damage... right now im really unsure... berserker-paladin sounds really interesting and like it could do a lot of damage...really torn

nmnighteyes

nmnighteyes

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Oh sweet old Afghanistan, been 8 years since I was there last, how is it? Still hot and full of ****?

as for the high level abilities, neither class have any that seem to enhance what this combination does...
They both got good and interesting abilities, but they are more rooted in the stereotypical version of the 2 classes...
Barbarian does a little more damage in different ways and Paladin heals and becomes unkillable...

did an aproximate build of both (very theoretical since I don't have backer beta) and of the combo and honestly I didn't really miss any of the level 8 or 9 abilities all that much...

anyways, have fun down there and remember to duck anytime you ain't sure what someone shouted at you ;P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users