Your Tiers List [Base Classes, Subclasses]

theBalthazar

I guess Driving Flight is designed like in PoE so hat it only works on targets behind the initial one (in a certain arc). So it can't "bounce" back to the origin.

Else it would be nearly the same as Twinned Shot and too good.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I guess Driving Flight is designed like in PoE so hat it only works on targets behind the initial one (in a certain arc). So it can't "bounce" back to the origin.

Else it would be nearly the same as Twinned Shot and too good.

But now it does hit the same target twice, it’s a bit weird now. If u bounce only once then you will hit same target twice, if u bounce 3 times, the 1st bounce will always on same target, only the 2nd one actually jumps. I think there are some bugs here.

Hm, I thought the first bounce is from the Fury and the second from Driving Flight. If Driving Flight bounces on the initial target (if you only have Driving Flight and no additional jumping stuff) then it really seems like a bug. Doesn't fit the description at all.

Incidentally, is Helwalker (or Helwalker/Assassin) + can't die LoH/spell + Pain Link or similar a worthwhile combo? Pain Link iirc had been bugged... Of course Turn the Blade can do more damage against melee, but if Pain Link doesn't require a successful attack roll against the enemy it could be useful against very high deflection, high DPS enemies... and does Pain Link work on spells and ranged attacks?

Maybe it will work if you can trigger an infinite damage loop ;) Like the soul mate/heal undead combo in DOS2

Pain link on enemy (should be able to cast when Confused) + pain link on ally who can't die could be an infinite loop, though in mathematics it would only add to x4/3 damage (= 1 + 1/4 + 1/8 + 1/16 +...). But maybe with Combusting Wounds added in?...

On second thought, damage from Pain Link might count as damage from the caster rather than the target?...

Edited by SaruNi

I want to like the berserker, but it looks like only priests can cast an int inspiration on somebody else and I do not like the idea that I have to cast a spell every fight just to remove the downside of my main char.

I play always with a full party and it is very likely that my other chars will stand close to him sometimes.

There are probably some items that will give resistance to Int inspirations too.

Pain Link can't be cast on charmed enemies. It also can't be cast in yourself - that's different from PoE where you could do that. I didn't check if it can be cast on enemies when you're confused, but I highly doubt that after learning that you can't cast it on charmed enemies.

One powerful combo I found is Shattered Pillar/Wizard, combusting wound + rooting pain + torment reach is very strong combo, I tested this on a few dummies and the combusting damage triggered every time of rooting pain.

So the Muscle Wizard joke came true?

I love it.

One powerful combo I found is Shattered Pillar/Wizard, combusting wound + rooting pain + torment reach is very strong combo, I tested this on a few dummies and the combusting damage triggered every time of rooting pain.

Is it limited by max wounds? (And if so can you spam Swift Strikes or similar to keep from reaching max wounds?)

It is limited. Once you hit max wounds Rooting Pain will not trigger anymore.

Swift Strikes uses Mortification, not wounds. But I guess dunehunter mentioned Torment's Reach because of that: it uses some wounds but at the same time generates new ones (Shattered Pillar) - so endless cycle of spending and getting wounds (and triggering Rooting Pain) basically.

Edited by Boeroer

It is limited. Once you hit max wounds Rooting Pain will not trigger anymore.

Swift Strikes uses Mortification, not wounds. But I guess dunehunter mentioned Torment's Reach because of that: it uses some wounds but at the same time generates new ones (Shattered Pillar) - so endless cycle of spending and getting wounds (and triggering Rooting Pain) basically.

Yep you are right, or you can use Thunderous Blows to clear your wounds so you will always cause a few rooting pain when u hit.

tried, spellblade. A very solid tanker for 60 seconds on wiz selfbuffs. Crap after the pools are depleted.

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

Sharpshooter/Helwalker is still my topest ranged build. Marked Prey + Stalkers Link + Marksman + Death Dance gives u 10+10+5+12=37 accuracy. Driving Flight + Swift Flurry is still very strong because once you triggered an extra hit, it's actually two because of driving flight, and doubled the chance to proc extra hit. It works even better with a rod because your aoe hits can trigger extra shoots. 

• Like 1

tried, spellblade. A very solid tanker for 60 seconds on wiz selfbuffs. Crap after the pools are depleted.

you should just stop using all your spells at the start of the game. It's overkill obviously.

• Like 1

So fellas, anyone got any more of them actual tier lists?  

Seeing as nobody has commented one way or the other on this yet... I think if you wait till next week opinions on tiers will be running rampant, although not in the beta section any longer. (Assuming the last time I heard the release date is still correct???) It may take some time to get the overall picture of each combination and gain perspective, though. Give it a couple days after and the me first rash of youtube capitalists will be on it. Personally if I stay up for 50 hours straight to play it's for me and not everyone else, but more power to them.

Yes, one 30-pt-shield gets destroyed once dmg reaches 30+, but the next "stacked" one will immediately take over for the next hit you receive.

Staying passively at full health: besides Lifegivers maybe Kind Wayfarer/Troubadour with Exhalted Endurance (Robust inspiration gives you and party members a regeneration) + Ancient Memory + White Flames + LoH (not really passive that last one)?

So would a 30 Int Beckoner just chain chanting 'Her Courage' effectively have a 60 point damage shield for their whole party?

Is it difficult to reach 30 Int? Is it worthwhile to go Monk multiclass for 'Duality' for the 10 bonus Int?

Int doesn't impact spell damage/healing, might does. I'll let someone else verify, but I believe that damage shield is fixed and doesn't scale like healing and damage variables do.

I am talking about the duration. 30 Int is double duration. So if the shields are sequentially stacking thats 60 effective health every 3 seconds in a AoE (correct me if I have the mechanics wrong).

Int doesn't impact spell damage/healing, might does. I'll let someone else verify, but I believe that damage shield is fixed and doesn't scale like healing and damage variables do.

They're talking about the linger/duration of the damage shield.  With high enough Int you can theoretically (or with the beta, possibly testably true) have shields that last long enough that one is activate 'under' another.  So when the first pops, the nextis already ready.

I am talking about the duration. 30 Int is double duration. So if the shields are sequentially stacking thats 60 effective health every 3 seconds in a AoE (correct me if I have the mechanics wrong).

Every six seconds, I think, right? You'd only get it every three seconds if you were a troubadour using Brisk Recitation.

Also, I'm not sure if the shields stack. That would require some testing. The good thing about using Brisk Recitation is that it just renews the 30 damage shield every three seconds, no concerns about whether they stack or not.

Every six seconds, I think, right? You'd only get it every three seconds if you were a troubadour using Brisk Recitation.

Also, I'm not sure if the shields stack. That would require some testing. The good thing about using Brisk Recitation is that it just renews the 30 damage shield every three seconds, no concerns about whether they stack or not.

Yep you are correct, as a troubadour it's 30 damage shield per 3 sec. The only class that can complete a troubadour is a lifegiver. Spiritualshift + moonlight can heal u around 40 hp per 3 sec. But with much smaller radius, and a limited duration. So this chanter phrase is a bit OP now imo.

Thought I read that Courage Thick as Steel no longer stacks? Or were they mistaken?

Heals are much better than the damage shield; they're like a shield for each ally in range, plus they replenish lost health. So with 3 melee characters that 40 vs. 30 is more like 120 vs. 30....

Edited by SaruNi

Thought I read that Courage Thick as Steel no longer stacks? Or were they mistaken?

Heals are much better than the damage shield; they're like a shield for each ally in range, plus they replenish lost health. So with 3 melee characters that 40 vs. 30 is more like 120 vs. 30....

If you refresh the shield every 3 sec, it is like you absorb 30 damage per 3 sec right? Stack or not doesn't matter.

Also I didn't quite get your point that healing means 120 vs 30 not 40 vs 30.

If your character received more than 30 damage in 3 sec, the shield worth 30 hp, if your character get less than 30 damage in 3 sec, it prevent any damage and refresh after 3 sec.

For healing, in 1st case you can heal 40 damage if the incoming damage is >40, and heal <40 damage if incoming damage is lower. So I don't get your points here. Unless you mean when all of your character are get wounded when u heal them, than yeah that's the problem of shield because it cannot heal. But it still blocks damage so I don't know why it's 120 vs 30.

Edited by dunehunter