Your Tiers List [Base Classes, Subclasses]

theBalthazar

Hit to crit all fighters get the same because it's just too good to pass up.

Higher accuracy is also universally good, except for the stuff like rapier modal which will likely hurt your dps even as devoted (it's probably only good for dps if you can barely hit your target without it and in this case it won't give you a lot of crits).

Push attacks don't lead to disengagement attacks.

Only willfully leaving the engagement triggers it. Even frightened or terrified targets who leave you will not get punished (anymore - was the case in beta1).

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Tiers list – Beta 4 - Until level 9

v. 2

Decision : 60 % on single class / 40 % on multiclass

TOP TIERS

Devoted (Fighter)

Beckoner (Chanter)

Bleak walker (Paladin)

Goldpact knights (Paladin)

Berserker (Barbarian)

Shifter (Druid)

HIGH TIERS

Unbroken (Fighter)

Base Fighter 

Nalpazca (Monk)

Troubadour (Chanter)

Helwalker (Monk)

Shieldbearer of St Elcga (Paladin)

Kind wayfarers (Paladin)

Darcozzi Paladini (Paladin)

Ascendant (Cipher)

Shattered pillar (Monk)

MID TIERS

Skald (Chanter)

Base barbarian

Base Monk

Street fighter (Rogue) (Tested. He is not bad. Good option with powder burn, but extremely limited by the cost of rogue abilities. Plus, seems fragile. And need change of weapon or stay block with a melee weapon when there is melee foe)

Black jacket (Fighter)

Base Druid

Base Chanter

Assassin (Rogue)

Sharpshooter (Ranger)

Lifegiver (Druid)

Soul blade (Cipher)

All priest

Mage slayer (Barbarian)

LOW TIERS

Base Wizard

Base Rogue

Fury (Druid)

Stalker (Ranger)

Corpse eater (Barbarian)

Beguiler (Cipher) (No Boeroer, not crazy as you think : p)

Base Cipher

All spe wizard

Ghost heart (Ranger)

Trickster (Rogue)

Edited by theBalthazar

I did a normal monk/ devoted nature godlike, and i think that is superior to pure monk ( as far as beta lvl goes).

Mostly for veteran recovery and even more imporantly for cleaving stance. Cleaving is broken atm, a full attack every time you kill someone turns most battles in free wins after 1 enemy is dead.

You just walk in battle, use blade turning for tanking/force of anguish for interrupt casters, and than focus to kill the weakest mob.

• Like 1

I said Beguiler/Trickster was good, not crazy good. First you cause Hobbled in an AoE with Blast, then you can cast Eyestrike and gain focus from that. Enemies full of afflictions with no focus loss. That was a very useful addition to the party.

Why is Skald in low tier? You gain 50% hit to crit conversion with Killers Froze Stiff. If you attack paralyzed targets you can build phrases easily. And Killers only costs 2 points for the Skald (who starts with 2 points into the fight). Multiclass Skald with fighter and gain 75% hit-to-crit conversion plus Cleaving Stance...

Streetfighter can trigger flanked via powder burns. Open fight with a blunderbuss shot and voilà.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I did a normal monk/ devoted nature godlike, and i think that is superior to pure monk ( as far as beta lvl goes).

Mostly for veteran recovery and even more imporantly for cleaving stance. Cleaving is broken atm, a full attack every time you kill someone turns most battles in free wins after 1 enemy is dead.

You just walk in battle, use blade turning for tanking/force of anguish for interrupt casters, and than focus to kill the weakest mob.

Finally someone tested it and agree with me :) Cleaving is a free win button in most of fights in beta.

I've tried numerous things. Here's just a few of my favorites and not so favorites so far.

Favorites.

1 Assassin/Bleak Walker - (pre-crit nerf)

2 Devoted/Berserk  - Can wipe out everything on the map including your party.

3 Devoted/Hell-walker  - The reasons are fairly obvious

4 Pure Shattered Pillar - ^

5 Troubadour/Fury  Moon Godlike - Respectable Aoe and can tank.

6 Shattered pillar/Shifter Nature Godlike - Tap lightning strikes for the power level buff > release an aoe > shift cat > cats claws and watch everything just melt from the speed.

7 Bleak Walker/Soul Blade - Alternate between flames of devotion and soul annihilation for some nice single hit damage.

8 Pure Evoker Nature Godlike - grab a couple enchantment buffs and spam power leveled aoe.

Not-So-Favorites

1 Anything rogue post crit/assassination nerf

2 Ranger pure or otherwise. I've tried a few. It's supposed to be a striker and all 8 above are much more striking.

3 Priest. You can either be the quarterback or the kinesiologist. Take your pick. Still good to have one in the party, just not for the main.

4 Most combinations of cipher or pure cipher. I love the idea of psionics (bring back Ascension syfy!!!) , but every time I get one that looks good on paper it's like letting a balloon go

before you tie it in game play.

I (of course) haven't tried everything. Some things I've tried from forums that work well for others I can't make work. Play styles vary. And to finish off my disclaimer I also don't claim that any of this will or will not work like they did for me if others try/have tried them.

Edited by djinnxy
  • Like 1

I find Shifter is Top tier when multiclassed, mid tier if single class. Because 1) Druid don’t have good passive for martial aspect; 2) both claws and armor of spiritform is scaled with level not PL in contrast to Monk, which make multclass one lose nothing compare to his single class brother.

• Like 1

I find Shifter is Top tier when multiclassed, mid tier if single class. Because 1) Druid don’t have good passive for martial aspect; 2) both claws and armor of spiritform is scaled with level not PL in contrast to Monk, which make multclass one lose nothing compare to his single class brother.

Based on the Beta? Yes.

As for the release version: Well that depends on a lot of things (encounter length in mid- and endgame, high level abilities etc.) and whether you want to play the Shifter as pure melee [-> multiclass indeed] or as caster/melee hybrid via pre-casting Returning Storm, Relentless Storm, Avenging Storm [tier 8], Greater Maelstrom [-> single class]. It also depends on whether you like micro management or not. We also have no information yet how strong the Wildstrike Frenzy passive [tier 8] will turn out to be. And what the heck is Aspect of Galawain [tier 9]? Could as well be something like a very powerful Spiritshift form or self buff (aka druids Avatar).

Edited by L4wlight

:skull: SHARKNADO :skull:

Based on the Beta? Yes.

As for the release version: Well that depends on a lot of things (encounter length in mid- and endgame, high level abilities etc.) and whether you want to play the Shifter as pure melee [-> multiclass indeed] or as caster/melee hybrid via pre-casting Returning Storm, Relentless Storm, Avenging Storm [tier 9], Greater Maelstrom [-> single class]. It also depends on whether you like micro management or not. We also have no information yet how strong the Wildstrike Frenzy passive [tier 9] will turn out to be. And what the heck is Aspect of Galawain [tier 9]? Could as well be something like a very powerful Spiritshift form or self buff (aka druids Avatar) .

There are full ability trees somewhere?

Some interesting stuff in there for sure :)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

stalker low tier?

Edited by mrmonocle

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

1) In Update 40 an old version of some full ability trees (rogue & druid) is shown very briefly (~ 2:20)

2) Data-Mining @ RPG Codex

What's going on with the "Watershaper X" spells? Old subclass idea they discarded? Spells granted through special mechanism?...

Shows Paladins getting Abjuration, but no class getting Great Abjuration....

Edited by SaruNi

Tekehu is a Watershaper. I assume those are the bonus spells he gets.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

So Barbarians will get (some version of) Brute Force and Blood Thirst. 

Brute Force---great for Mage Slayers. PL 6 not too bad.

Blood Thirst---not replaced by the upgrade to Barbaric Blow after all. But PL 7. So multiclass can get it at level 19.

Similarly, if Deathblows works with spells (as in PoE 1), that will give (now severely nerfed) DD caster Assassin/Caster something to look forward to... at level 19.