Deadfire DLC Pirate Outfits don't go transparent 3.07

Jojobobo

Question

When behind a wall or under an archway the pirate outfits don't go transparent, however the rest of the character model does:

Pirate_Outfit.png

Might be worthwhile getting it fixed if this is the definitive version of the game, as it looks unsightly.

Edited by Jojobobo

6 answers to this question

Funny thing: On males the armor is completely transparent when looking at the "doll" in the inventory screen. Looks lika a ghost :) Ingame, the armor appreas white like in the screenshot. Together with the self-confusion bug on the soulbound hat and the reload speed penalty bug on the soulbound arbalest... I suppose they didn't test these items much. ;- )

Together with the self-confusion bug on the soulbound hat and the reload speed penalty bug on the soulbound arbalest... I suppose they didn't test these items much. ;- )

Yeah they should have probably done a little more testing. The self-confusion bug isn't too much of a problem as the hat makes you immune to the Confusion effect after a point - however it becomes a little tedious to hear the "enemy immunity" line of dialogue when you cast it on yourself (and I think anyone who casts a spell on you - i.e. Priests - can also be effected). I have it paired with Shod-in-Faith currently, so the procs on self and dialogue happen a lot.

Potentially they could argue that the arbalest thing isn't a bug (it's powerful, so it fired more slowly, etc.) however I think the fact that the reload speed is unlocked later for the item is quite telling as it's unusual at that late stage a weapon to get worse.

I guess another patch is maybe not too likely now, as they'll be interested in the PoE 2 Beta. At the very least the items are functional, even if they are a bit poorly implemented in places, so possibly they think they've done enough at this stage - I'm not sure.

For me, they are white on every male character - on every map, including Anslog's Compass. (And also appear completely transparent in the inventory or level-up screen.)

So yeah... they are pretty much useless on male characters - at least for players who care about the look of their characters, like I do. Shame, because I thought Kana would look really cool in them. Hope this gets fixed, but wouldn't hold my breath, as Deadfire takes priority.

Found out how to fix this issue. Posted it here and on Nexus, will require UABE and editing your resource.assets file. If you want to fix it yourself, open resources.assets, export dump Path ID 565 (m_M_CL15_Body_V01) and then edit the text file line 2 from  1 string m_Name = "m_M_CL15_Body_V01" to  1 string m_Name = "m_M_CL15_Coat_V01" and then use import dump on the text file you just edited onto Path ID 570 m_M_CL15_Coat_V01.

Edited by i liek katz
Added further required bits for the DIY fix