Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What Abilities or Passive would you like to see from other games?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

dam

dam

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 442 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Kotls (Keeper of the Light/Dota2) ability to make an illusion of oneself that keeps casting the actual spell (long casting time) while the original is gone doing something else.

Sending an enemy fighter back to the point where he was when the fight started.

An area spell that stops any melee leaving a certain area for a short time with.

Actually a lot of Moba abilities would be nice, though some hard to implement or too OP.

Play LeBlanc, Ekko and Camille much ? ;)

Lamppost in Winter

Lamppost in Winter

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

So, I've been trawling the Divinity: Original Sin and Fallout wikis for passives to nick:

Night Person: Bonus to Per and Stealth at night, penalty to same stats in daytime.

Morning Person: Revive with more health.

Environmental Affinity - probably suits a Druid best, but could also work as a generic: Choose one type of environment (desert, snow, etc.), and gain bonus to defense against spells with keywords that match it (e.g., fire for desert, ice for snow, plants for forest), faster cast speed when casting spells with matching keywords, and resistance to the corresponding terrain difficulty (like the slowing sand in the Poko Kohara desert).

Know-it-all: Bonus to Metaphysics, Religion, History, etc., but malus to faction reputation. May be too punitive. Malus to faction reputation gain instead?

• Wormerine likes this

MaxQuest

MaxQuest

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1511 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

What Abilities or Passive would you like to see from other games?

There is many interesting stuff, but some of it is not really fitting into Deadfire spell system. So I'll try to adjust them slightly:
- Soul Storm (inspired by Mortality from Rift) - weaken and deal high raw damage to caster and all enemies around him in a 2m radius AoE, every 3s for 9s. Damage dealt to the enemies heals the caster.
- Soul Armor (inspired by Fel and Demon Armor from WoW) - self buff - while the buff is active get a modal with two options:
-- Robust Soul Armor: get Robust inspiration (+5 CON, +4 AR, +10hp/s)
-- Brilliant Soul Armor: get Brilliant inspiration (+5 INT, +1 power level, 3rd effect)
-- (and if one gets dispelled due to affliction, you can switch to another)
- Chill to the Bones (inspired by Cold Feet from Dota) - hobble and deal freeze damage over time to an enemy target. If during 4s it doesn't remove the hobble affliction -> paralyze it for 8s.
- Blood Magic (inspired by Blood Magic from Dragon Age) - while this modal is active casting a spell costs you 25% of max hp, but doesn't consume a spell usage.

Edited by MaxQuest, 25 November 2017 - 03:02 AM.

blotter

blotter

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

From Dragon Age Origins, I'd like to see something along the lines of Walking Bomb/Virulent Walking Bomb.

Spirit Mark from Dragon Age Inquisition would also be fun. 

I like the idea of Spirit Blade being repurposed as a volatile Soul Whip for ciphers (edit: minus the oversized energy sword VFX), but in practice, it probably wouldn't differ much from Mind Blades or Soul Annihilation unless it was set up as a modal that drained Focus with every attack or something.

Abyssal Blade and Unholy Sacrifice would fit the Bleakwalkers fairly well.

Shield Other would similarly be fitting for the Shieldbearers of St. Elcga and The Last Sacrifice might be appropriate for them or the Kind Wayfarers, though I personally dislike abilities that only work when you've screwed up enough to get killed/disabled.

Turning/Controlling undead ala d&d could be fun; probably as split and mutually exclusive passive options for Divine Radiance even though I have mixed feelings about setting up priests as the anti-undead experts in the Pillars setting. 

Edited by blotter, 26 November 2017 - 01:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users