I feel I can build a ranged fighter better than ranger

dunehunter

With Devoted, Disciplined Strikes and weapon style + stance, I feel my ranged fighter is superior than my ranger :/

I feel that ranger really didn't offer that much on ranged side, even its ranged subclass feel lame to me compare to devoted.

Anyone have the same feeling?

Edited by dunehunter

Well, I've certainly not found ranged Rangers weak, and I feel that the Sharpshooter class might be a little too good, especially if combined with a class like Devoted or Assassin.

Rangers, by themselves, aren't really supposed to be the best at ranged DPS. They've got to be balanced around their animal companion. If they're doing a lot of damage, they should be doing it with the help of their animal companion.

Also, abilities like concussive shot & evasive roll are great abilities for a shooter that fighters doesn't have access to.

I personally wouldn't want to play a ranged devoted for a DPS and lose so many of the ranged weapons modals. Adaptability is king.

I find Stalker and Ghost Heart a bit meh. But the Sharpshooter is actually quite powerful. I multiclassed him with a Beckoner so that melee enemies can never touch me (6 skeletons break up into 12 skeletons after they get killed! Hahaha! Best protective spell there is...) and in order to get Sure Handed Ila. Then I took Gunner as well and bought the tricorne hat and used the arquebus modal to deliver amazingly powerful shots in rel. quick succession from afar or near (holy moly: the overpenetration :) ).

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Yeah kinda agree that stalker is weak, the 5 defense + 1 armour rate bonus is negligible. And the animal companion has way too low accuracy which makes the animal boost talent useless.

Arbalest feels really powerful tho, the Prone attack does not have save throw check.

And crossbow/arbalest has high penetration than firearms but also get benefit from gunner.

Edited by dunehunter

yeah both the stalker and Ghost heart could use a talent or two to help seperate them further from base ranger. doesnt help that the base ranger talent tree (currently) favors the sharpshooter's playstyle. Really feel like stalker could use a combo of better melee option and maybe some enhanced pet options, as its bonus incentivises boosting your pet. Ghost Heart needs to have the pet heal and revive replaced (since it cant use either) on the talent tree with something unique to Ghost Hearts.

• Like 2