Beta patch info from Josh's Twitter

CENIC

Of course they're listening bro ;)

This is Obsidian.

We're talking about the guys who sent out a survey about DLCs.

Please re-read this and consider fully the implications here.

They are the guys who played with us, who shed blood with us, in an era when games didn't have DLCs, they had actual, full-of-content addons where what you paid for actually had metric shlt tons of value. ( <--- come on now, why do I need to bypass the censorship for the excrement word ? :o)

They are the guys who took the bull by the horns and had the balls to ask players what their stance on DLCs is, in a society where minimal content for $5 seems to be the norm (hello Warhammer total war blood and gore DLC ?).

A+++ , would buy again.

Edited by dam

Have they given any indication about when we'll see the next beta update?

From a systems admin guy's point of view, my reflex would be to say "when it's ready, if it's ready, when I'm up to it, if I'm ever up to it" ;)

attachicon.gifjosh twitter update.png

They're listening!  :p

Now that's nice)

And rather smart: instead of trying to guess the right PEN thresholds that would suit community, let the community figure them out by themselves.

This, coupled with the adjusted attack/recovery durations for spells and 1h weapons gonna be a good step forward in finding the "combat just feels right" grail.

P.S. It would be great if new patch also included some sort of target dummies. Could be even simple spores (stationary, with low attack, high hp and without abilities). If we could spawn them via console, it would ease testing stuff.

• Like 3

Could you share the console command?  :blush:

I have re-checked the wiki and the finds thread to no avail)

Edited by MaxQuest

There's a command named "EncounterSpawn" like in PoE which needs a proper id. Unfortunately I can't figure out where/what the ids are atm. I can't access any object browser. Obviously the command for that changed and I can't find any fitting with... well... "find". ;)

Eh - I forgot that the object broweser was part of IEmod. How can I get access to the encounter ids now?

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

That's it. I don't feel like touching this first beta anymore. I'll refrain from playing until all of these cool changes have been implemented (hopefully soon.)

You know, Black Friday, Thanksgiving, buying X-mas pressies...

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

P.S. It would be great if new patch also included some sort of target dummies. Could be even simple spores (stationary, with low attack, high hp and without abilities). If we could spawn them via console, it would ease testing stuff.

Heya Maxquest,

This is actually already in the game (and the backer beta). If you use the console command "SpawnPrefabAtMouse CRE_Dummy" you'll spawn a little dude that you can attack and test stuff out on. =)

Looks like we didn't include his name (Dummy) in the beta build, so it'll show up as "Missing String 97", but he should still provide ya with what you need.

• Like 8

I try my very best.

Not bad for the priest...

But there is always the problem of number no ?

Wizard : 1 by level + 2 each level of spells by grimoire. (that we can more or less choose) = 3+++

Cipher : 1 by level + core base until 40 % damage.

Druid : 1 by level + spiritshifting

Priest : 1 by level + 1 by imposed list (okay, most can be fine and we choose the base obedience but... this is not yet perfect ?) = 2

---

except if there is holy books like grimoires ?

https://twitter.com/jesawyer/status/933394936837259264

Edited by theBalthazar

Heya Maxquest,

This is actually already in the game (and the backer beta). If you use the console command "SpawnPrefabAtMouse CRE_Dummy" you'll spawn a little dude that you can attack and test stuff out on. =)

Looks like we didn't include his name (Dummy) in the beta build, so it'll show up as "Missing String 97", but he should still provide ya with what you need.

How about including such a dummy, tucked away far to the left, beyond those caged Lizzies, permanently in the beta? 

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Heya Maxquest,

Thanks aartz! You're the man)
  • Like 1

Heya Maxquest,

Didn't i say that you need to provide at least a bit documentation? Never thought that „Prefab“ could create Creatures.

Heya Maxquest,

Didn't i say that you need to provide at least a bit documentation? Never thought that „Prefab“ could create Creatures.

I try to help out and give you guys information whenever I can, but I'm honestly not sure what I'm allowed to share most of the time, so I tend to stay on the safe side =P

This one in particular I asked Josh about to make sure it was alright, since I don't really see the harm especially because you guys would probably just find it eventually anyways.

I would like to say, please keep in mind that using console commands like this will potentially put your game in buggy/messed up states, so try to refrain from posting bugs on the forums with crazy debug repro steps =)

• Like 4

I try my very best.

I would like to say, please keep in mind that using console commands like this will potentially put your game in a more buggy/messed up states

Yeah... corrected.

No hard feelings, you know I had to :p

• Like 2