Posting A Funny - The Thread

Blarghagh

26169991_1671115242911668_24382105736916

• Like 5

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

A man walked into the bar and sit on the chair. He says to the bartender 10 shots of whiskey. The bartender says, “What’s the matter? I think it is too much.”

The man replies, “I found out my brother is gay and marrying with my best friend.”

The next day the manncomes again to the bar and orders 15 shots of whiskey.

The bartenders asks, “What’s wrong this time?”

The man answers, “I found out that my son is gay.”

The next day the man comes in the bar and orders 20 shots of whiskey.

Then the bartender asks, “Doesn’t anyone in your family like women?”

Shane looks up to the bartender and says, “Apparently my wife does.”

• Like 2

Thanks for shopping Pawn-O-Matic!

Really? I think it's more or less a neverending stream of pats. Like a cow. Or, rather, a bull's ...

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

%3Ebefore-sex-dolls-women-arent-here-to-

Not quite sure who this person is or why it matters. But I guess the internet is nothing more than "I found someone that said something ridiculous" and that reaching everyone, as opposed to dying on the street corner like it did 30 years ago :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

In Great Britain you don't have to buy a sex doll, the let you rent them. 

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

They say the best abstracts are short and to the point:

DT5CsJMVMAEtU5B.jpg

• Like 2
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

A farmer goes to a livestock dealer and buys an anvil, a bucket, two chickens, and a goose. The farmer looks at his purchases and says, “Damn, I WALKED here. How am I gonna carry all this home?

The livestock dealer said, “Why don’t you put the anvil in the bucket, carry the bucket in one hand, put a chicken under each arm and carry the goose in your other hand?” “Hey, thanks!” the farmer said, and off he went.

While walking home he met a little old lady who told him she was lost. She asked, “Can you tell me how to get to 1515 Mockingbird Lane?”

The farmer said, “Well, as a matter of fact, I live just down the road from there. Let’s take my short cut and go down this alley. We’ll be there in no time.”

The little old lady said, “I am a lonely widow without a husband to defend me. How do I know that when we get in the alley you won’t hold me up against the wall, pull up my skirt, and ravish me?”

The farmer said, “Holy smokes lady! I am carrying a bucket, an anvil, two chickens, and a goose. How in the world could I possibly hold you up against the wall and do that?”

She replied, “Set the goose down, cover him with the bucket, put the anvil on top of the bucket … and I’ll hold the chickens.”

• Like 3

Thanks for shopping Pawn-O-Matic!

26804663_947039448795369_382235314133786

• Like 3

Thomas Sowell

26804663_947039448795369_382235314133786

Hm, these days I doubt that's effective at all what with smartphones in abundance. Also wonder how many people near the window actually look out it at the ground.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

You are SUCH a cynic! :lol:

Thomas Sowell

You are SUCH a cynic! :lol:

Nothing to do with cynicism, maybe overthinking a joke. Does seem like an old joke, I can swear I've heard something about this before. But I suppose if he manages to troll even a handful of people a year it's worth the effort of painting it and maintaining it to him. At least in the months without snow - unless he has some sort of heating system but I can't imagine that'd work well (he'd get nasty ice damming, no?).

You have a very poor understanding of slogans

Hm, it's not hard to see what she was getting at, she should have said 'respected the same as' though to be totally clear on her intent.

Also yeah, I double posted, TrueNeutral, what are you gonna do about it ? :lol: Point out what a lazy tosser I am?

• Like 1