You did WHAT Today

Blarghagh

Wife's birthday is this weekend so I've been busy trying to schedule a fun day

http://www.coloradogators.com/gator-wrestling-class/

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Got a "phishing" call from a scammer claiming to be from the IRS saying my taxes were delinquent and they were referring my case to the "local cops". Exact words. I had a little fun with him.

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Got a "phishing" call from a scammer claiming to be from the IRS saying my taxes were delinquent and they were referring my case to the "local cops". Exact words. I had a little fun with him.

I've gotten this one too! I'm not even American. :D

I love those, some dude with a thick Indian accent saying he is Agent Smith of the RCMP and ordering me to pay a fine in ITunes gift cards

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Got a call from 'the company', ostensibly wherever it was that I worked who were in need of my login information a few days ago. Was unable to get him to specify where it was that I worked and where he was calling from. Instead I was put on hold for 'Microsoft support'. Surprisingly they wanted the same thing.

How do these idiots ever make any money.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I guess people still fall for it

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I guess people still fall for it

I assume they prey on the elderly.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

There's one going around where someone calls the elderly claiming to be a grandchild in need of having some money wired to bail them out of jail.  They hang up if pushed for details, of course, but presumably there's enough grandparents getting hooked to make it continue.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I heard once that apparently the Prince from Nigeria scams are so bad and transparent because if they were more convincing the scammers wouldn't be able to handle the workload, too many people fall for it

That should not be funny.. but it is

Thomas Sowell

Got a call from 'the company', ostensibly wherever it was that I worked who were in need of my login information a few days ago. Was unable to get him to specify where it was that I worked and where he was calling from. Instead I was put on hold for 'Microsoft support'. Surprisingly they wanted the same thing.

How do these idiots ever make any money.

Never underestimate the technical ineptitude of grandma. 

Anyways got snowed in today so I remoted into work and attempted to be somewhat productive. Took periodic breaks to do the neighborly thing and shovel the walk leading from my apartment.

If there is one thing in this life I know is true it's this: looking up at the star filled sky, listening to crickets and owls, and feeling a cool breeze on your face on a totally dark night will make all your troubles seem insignificant. If only for a moment. 

Those of you who live in cities, I don't know how you don't go insane. 

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

i'm worried. this morning my cat went out and she didn't show up all day, i hope nothing happened to her.

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Had a free breakfast at work due to International Women's Day, so that was nice.  There was a surplus of scrambled eggs though, shame that is probably all gone to waste.

If there is one thing in this life I know is true it's this: looking up at the star filled sky, listening to crickets and owls, and feeling a cool breeze on your face on a totally dark night will make all your troubles seem insignificant. If only for a moment.

Those of you who live in cities, I don't know how you don't go insane.

Who says that I'm sane?

I had an urge to eat something sweet. Too lazy to go to the store, I ended up making chocolate balls and fudgy brownies. Waiting for the brownies relaxing in the oven.

Edited by Labadal

Is she in heat?

i dont think so, the mating period is over and she had a go with every male in town. there were 5 or 6 of them camping outside the house at any time of day or night

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

i looked around this morning and found my cat and several others dead. there were no signs of injury and their posture indicated they died mid stride. the only thing that could do this is a poison used for pest control which someone intentionally spread around the area. considering that because of the cats there are no pests like mice and snakes, the only conclusion is that whoever did it was targeting the cats.

-Teknoman2-

Maybe someone didn't like their party lifestyle in front of your house. Thought about contacting the police or animal related institutions?

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."