You did WHAT Today

Blarghagh

Soooo...I just found out the house we have been renting for 7 years is no longer an option. The landlord wants to move back. We have 60 days to figure out what to do. It will be tough to walk away from this place. :(

despite all the hustle with the taxes, being the owner of the house at least makes it impossible for anyone to tell me "go find a new home"

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

I'm curious if he really wants to move back, or if he just wants you out. 60 days feels quite short as well. No idea if I could manage finding something new around here in that timespan.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

60 days is the minimum if you have rented more than a year. He is selling his other home, which makes plenty of sense in the current market. I assume he simply wants our home empty so whenever he does close he can transition easily.I mean I can hold my breathe and hope his house doesn't sell easily, but currently places are going for over asking prices and getting dozens of bids in our area. On a related note, buying is not an option for us.

My biggest concern is our dog.  

Soooo...I just found out the house we have been renting for 7 years is no longer an option. The landlord wants to move back. We have 60 days to figure out what to do. It will be tough to walk away from this place. :(

Well hopefully you don't find it up for sale in 3 months time. Good luck with the search, moving homes is stress.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Turned up for the Computing Forum that was today, which was meant to be a group of hte senior lecturers having a discussion with a bunch of students about what works on the Computing degrees, what doesn't work, what engages them, what goes wrong, etc....

Of course, for various reasons, I was the sole student there.

So I got to spend an hour with the lecturers walking me through each of the units I do and talking about the good points and bad points of the course.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Was without interweb after my cable modem died after almost 20 years of faithful service. The guy at the service point barely believed his eyes when he saw the thing.

I also took the offered cable package upgrade. I now pay less per month for four times the bandwidth (in return I lost the second public IP I had until now, which I no longer need). =)

Iirc, landlords (and tenets) are only required to provide 30 days notice.

Here in commie land unless you initially agreed upon a fixed term a landlord cannot unilaterally terminate a tenancy agreement at any given point unless the tenant is in clear violation of the contract or represents a danger to the building or other tenants.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

today a neighbour told me that in the night somebody dumped poisoned bait in another neighbourhood and in the morning they found more dead cats and some dogs inside the gardens and yards of houses. whoever is doing it is clearly in it for the sake of killing animals

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Here in commie land unless you initially agreed upon a fixed term a landlord cannot unilaterally terminate a tenancy agreement at any given point unless the tenant is in clear violation of the contract or represents a danger to the building or other tenants.

Same here, while under lease. An interesting thing can happen here regarding leases though. Lets say you sign a 12 month lease. At the end of the lease you will usually sign a new lease or move, but sometimes the landlord will allow you to stay on a month-to-month basis. That means you keep living there but are no longer under the obligations of a lease, nor the protections.

That is the same way it works in California, most leases revert to month-to-month when the lease ends. Given that I was renting from a guy and not a company, he only re-did the lease once, so we were typically month-to-month. It's a pro and con situation, as a new lease typically comes with a higher rent, but it also gives another year of stability. I'd love to sign a longer lease, but those are rarely offered in these parts where rent rises so quickly.

today a neighbour told me that in the night somebody dumped poisoned bait in another neighbourhood and in the morning they found more dead cats and some dogs inside the gardens and yards of houses. whoever is doing it is clearly in it for the sake of killing animals

Time to gather a posse.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Today I ordered PoE 2 Deadfire.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Ever go through one of those phases where eating is just too much bother and you're never hungry to boot? That's me the past few weeks. I eat a piece of toast or small bowl of soup now and then. :p  Got on the scale this morning and I guess I've lost 6 pounds. Pffft. Still not hungry.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Ever go through one of those phases where eating is just too much bother and you're never hungry to boot? That's me the past few weeks. I eat a piece of toast or small bowl of soup now and then. :p Got on the scale this morning and I guess I've lost 6 pounds. Pffft. Still not hungry.

The CBA diet works wonders.

Today everyone was working from home so I had a fun day at work.

What are they in danger of running off

Restain not restrain :p

• Like 1

Ever go through one of those phases where eating is just too much bother and you're never hungry to boot? That's me the past few weeks. I eat a piece of toast or small bowl of soup now and then. :p Got on the scale this morning and I guess I've lost 6 pounds. Pffft. Still not hungry.

I had that. Lost 10kg. I would have none of that and started eating like a madman. Only gained 5kg. Reverted back to not eating much. I'm eating 3 small portions per day.

Am working on buying a house in the Cities. Have da monies already set up, but not the actual house yet.

Basically looking for a split level 3 bed 2 bath for under 200k.

Supposedly things should be coming on the market more in the next month or two

• Like 1

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I had that. Lost 10kg. I would have none of that and started eating like a madman. Only gained 5kg. Reverted back to not eating much. I'm eating 3 small portions per day.

On the plus side, while I did already lose a fair bit of weight over a year ago, I haven't been this weight since I was 25. Sadly not being hungry doesn't also include motivation to do huge amounts of toning/muscle exercise, so I still won't be wearing a bikini like I did back then. :p

Dealing with mother's will stuff. I mean, not officially, I'm not the main Trustee, but still legal stuff to deal with. Which I'm sort of avoiding/procrastinating. Don't care about wills. But guess I have to still "do something" regardless. Maybe I can sign something to the effect of "I don't want anything, just leave me alone."

Enjoying the rain this weekend. Went to the store this afternoon and found myself skipping through the puddles. It was a good mood-lift.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I've got about an hour before my first race, a sprint duathlon. It's like 40 degrees outside, so hopefully I'll warm up fast on the run. I have no idea what I am doing in the transition area. I am just trying to mimic everyone else.