You did WHAT Today

Blarghagh

Finished in 2:07. I felt pretty good. My muscles are a bit sore, as expected, but I think the big surprise was the upset stomach. My wife said something about lactic acid building up. The swim was fast, the bike was a grind, and the run was surprisingly nice. My knee was screaming at me during the bike and I expected it to be an issue, but it felt fine once I started pounding the pavement. Hopefully I can improve on that for the race in a couple months.

My pit crew was a bit of a mess. My wife was great, but the kids were less enthused. Logan asked me to play hockey afterward. :p

I'd have done it in 2:06.

I would have died.

• Like 1

Work sucks, have survived the winter. Am unsure of what exactly I should be doing but am considering buying a house.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Work sucks, have survived the winter. Am unsure of what exactly I should be doing but am considering buying a house.

Is it better than your last position at least? And it HAS to be better than the big M steakhouse.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Is it better than your last position at least? And it HAS to be better than the big M steakhouse.

Yes and no. My office operates with more than 1 million in revenue a year, I'm da boss now instead of the sub boss. Thing is, in this region at least, it's basically expected that I'm going to be "first in, last out" of sorts at the office, meaning 11 hour days 5 days a week, and an expectation of my weekend being at least somewhat work time so that I can make sure I'm ahead.

To be fair, I'm doing something right because the metrics are leaps and bounds ahead of where they were, but I ended up calling my boss and saying "**** this ****, move me, I need less hours" and started getting a bit of slack for what I have to do.

McD's sucked, sure. Partly it was the fact the job is designed around the stupidest person being able to perform any task, but at the same time, you didn't have a customer scoffing at you and saying "Well, I requested a nugget, if you don't have nuggets right now, you'll give me a premium chicken burger for the same cost!" (Seriously, the entire city is overbooked and people can still make rentals on accident... "You don't have my compact? That Tahoe is sitting right there! Give it to me!").

Realistically the biggest thing for me is that I need to get myself a balance between work and life, and have more than just my Cat to keep my company. But it's daunting to try to get out when I am so slovenly I don't want to move once I get home.

I've been reading up on Node.JS lately, about to start a personal project with it as the server side architecture. Should be fun. I'm going to build up more experience and start job hunting for web development opportunities.

Edited by Syraxis
  • Like 1

Spending the past few days clearing out HDD space for all the game videos I'm anticipating myself making soon. :p Tempted to buy another internal HDD so I don't have to do this so often but ... nah. External drives will make do.

But that next rig (that I keep claiming I'll build one day) I'm going to have a 2TB SSD and three 4TB internal HDD + a couple external backups. That might be enough. Maybe.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

My wife keeps singing Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra to the tune of Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds and now it's stuck in my head

Pretty sure I posted this before but here goes nothing:

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Been working on my Security Management report, it's an interesting experience where the assignment sheet had "max word count of 1,000" but the lecturer has repeatedly stated that that's more a minimum to get a passing grade, and you really need to write more to get higher grades.

Now I've somehow ended up with a wee bit over 7,000 words, of course, about 1,100 of them are from the reference and bibliography section.....

Took a break, and then whipped up the pilot questionnaire for my research paper on Google Forms. Give it another week and I might put it up here for you foiks to fill out.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

One of my stolen cars is the gift that keeps on giving.

Guy stole it and I'm dealing with a request for restitution from the county. Today I open a package from an insurance company, and apparently I owe them a little over 3 grand because the man who's in prison, T-boned one of their clients and so we have to pay for it.

Side note:

This is the fourth car I've reported stolen in a month. My office has been broken into, and I've gotten on almost first name basis with two cops. 

My office is in the 'Hood.

Why do you have to pay for it if the car was stolen and someone else did the crap?

Also, is it still worth it or are you about to f all?

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Why do you have to pay for it if the car was stolen and someone else did the crap?

Probably because the car thief has no insurance himself. Although that would be a pretty responsible thief if he did.

My CPU is currently idling at around 16C. My computer idles at about 10C above ambient. You do the maths :D

Did not have a pleasant day at work, the last few days has been cold, but atleast there hasn't really been any wind to speak of. Now the windchill is at -25C, which is a bit much. Not to mention that my room is a "bit chilly".

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Probably because the car thief has no insurance himself. Although that would be a pretty responsible thief if he did.

Thats, very weird.

In the UK car insurance is on the driver, not the car.

So if your car is stolen, any accidents it gets into won't come onto your insurance. Unless you were actually in the car when it happened.

All antsy lately, waiting for PC release FFXV. Not interested in "playing" the demo since I know the game inside and out already and the demo save doesn't carry over, so...it's the waiting game.

Which means I pester hubby even more than usual (he says I'm like a cat peeking around a corner...), bake brownies, scrub the floors, pick lint off the bedroom carpet, try but usually don't succeed at watching TV, organize stuff, dance to silly music, and so on. Maybe I should take up habitual drinking.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Last week I turned and fertilized the garden. This weekend I'm planting. Jeez this is a lot of work. Now I see why farmers had so many kids... cheap labor.

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I was grocery shopping a few days back, side-eyeing the cookie aisle aisle as I strolled through, and realized that, to my knowledge, the boys (who are now 4 and almost-2) had never had an oreo. 

This turned into an entertaining personality test.  The older brother refused advice to dunk it in his milk, and ate it just like any other cookie.  The younger immediately popped it open and played with it.  When he figured out what the filling was, he scraped as much of that off as he could with his fingers and ate it.  Then took 1 bite of the cookie before deciding he was all done.  Part of this is certainly age-related, as toddlers are more into playing with their food than are 4-year-olds (especially when the latter know that they have a high-value foodstuff like a cookie).  But it also fits them generally-- the big guy is somewhat fastidious, and insists on things being done the right way.  His brother is much more entertained by things getting messy.

Also, I think of this every time my younger son tries to get onto his practice potty:

Edited by Enoch
  • Like 2

Last week I turned and fertilized the garden. This weekend I'm planting. Jeez this is a lot of work. Now I see why farmers had so many kids... cheap labor.

I thought it was because in the evening they had nothing better to do than bed stuff.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Highway cleanup is hard. A meetup I'm part of has adopted a highway, about a 2 mile stretch of one anyway, and we went out and cleaned it up a bit yesterday. Even though the overall distance traveled is less than my jog, the work ended up being quite a bit harder and left my legs sore all yesterday.

I also think my thumb is developing a blister from using the grabber.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Wanted to defrag my C drive. Program told me it couldn't defrag a file so I went to see which one it was, I know sometimes little windows files don't like to be touched. But it's some 18GB sized file. WTF.

Discovered it was the Windows hibernate file. I've heard of it taking up some GB of space but I don't think I've ever seen it be that huge/defraggler has never spotlighted such before. I have all the hibernate options set to off (my pc is either on or off I never hiberbate), what a stupid design and don't know why it suddenly became so ginormous. Found a command prompt to truly turn it off. I feel better now.

I am so cranky this week/today etc. Everything is making me rage. Well ok, not rage, but...gah.

Edited by LadyCrimson

Get this semesters bursary tomorrow, and while sorting out my budget I idly looked at graphics cards since mine is about 4 years old now and starting to fade.

I had not realised how the price of graphics cards has jumped up ridiculously due to the cryptocurrency thing. Yeesh.

Yup, pretty impossible to buy a decent one right now. Also ram prices are sky high. The same article I bought a year ago nearly trippled in price.

It's annoying.

Edited by Lexx

I bought a 1070 for someone for about $340 about a year ago. Now let's see how much they are...oh, only $715 for the very cheapest. By Grabthar's hammer...what a savings.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I logged on here looking for old friends but I forgot how to navigate

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.