Politics Thread: 13 Ghosts

Blarghagh

With all due respect, Trump being rude is no cause to refer to any kind of ignorance as "systemic" since he's clearly dumber than average.

Eh, not dumb I'd say. He seems like the typical NPD asshat. Only naked force can change their mind, sadly :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

With all due respect, Trump being rude is no cause to refer to any kind of ignorance as "systemic" since he's clearly dumber than average.

Eh, not dumb I'd say. He seems like the typical NPD asshat. Only naked force can change their mind, sadly :lol:

Alright, more of a willfully disinterested butthole than average.

"b-b-but don't you see, it's the people who complain about racism who are the real racists"

Usually they say they are 'creating the racial divide' or something along those lines.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

For the other slice of things...

For those not following, both Mulvaney and English showed up as the acting director of the CFPB this morning. English was promoted to the position by Richard Corday hours before he resigned.

Leandra English has filed a temporary restraining order on Trump and Mulvaney.

WashingtonPost - Control of the CFPB

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

"Disrespecting one native peoples in a flippant manner has more to do with one just being disrespectful and flippant in general, and further about being callus to our nations history."

Is it as disrespectful as ignoring the history of Indian tribes wiping out, conquering, and subsuming other tribes in the same disgusting flippant manner as the Europeans did to them?

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Disrespecting one native peoples in a flippant manner has more to do with one just being disrespectful and flippant in general, and further about being callus to our nations history."

Is it as disrespectful as ignoring the history of Indian tribes wiping out, conquering, and subsuming other tribes in the same disgusting flippant manner as the Europeans did to them?

#NotAllTribes

• Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

Did anyone ever tell you you're an expert at "yes, but they're evil nazis TOO!"?

"Yeah, they were victims of genocide, but the victims were evil too, so it's okay. If only people would understand that the appropriate response to genocide is more genocide." 

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Keep in mind that I am against the death penalty, so I think the following death sentences should not have happened.

According to this list,  146 war criminals were sentenced to death after WW2. That's of 355 sentences, if my use of Firefox's find is correct. Are you seriously comparing this to over 15 million dead?

I have no idea how many people Nazi hunters got killed, but I'd wager it's a somewhat smaller number than the holocaust. Somewhat.

Heja Sverige!!

Antifa scums killed police horse during their unlawful demonstration. Death sentence is to kind for those creatures

https://nltimes.nl/2017/11/27/police-horse-heart-attack-pegida-demonstration-nijmegen

Trump 2020!

Nothing in that article states that the protesters killed the horse. Additionally there were both far right and far left demonstrators there.

• Like 1

Heja Sverige!!

Antifa scums killed police horse during their unlawful demonstration. Death sentence is to kind for those creatures

https://nltimes.nl/2017/11/27/police-horse-heart-attack-pegida-demonstration-nijmegen

Literally the second sentence of the article: "The horse died of heart failure and its death was not caused by its deployment to the demonstration, the Nijmegen police said on Twitter."  :lol:

• Like 3

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Yeah, police statement clarifies that animal passed due to heart failure that was deemed entirely unrelated to the demonstrations.

It also wasn't an Antifa demonstration. It was a demonstration that turned from a lawful march to an unlawful blockage of an refugee asylum center by far-right organisation PEGIDA (an organisation led by a literal Nazi and criminal) and Antifa was present there solely as a counter-demonstration.

https://www.ad.nl/binnenland/politiepaard-komt-om-bij-demonstraties-in-nijmegen~aa056f9f/

Either very misinformed or lying through your teeth this time, Sharp_one. For shame. Check your sources.

• Like 1

You do realize that the first link casts doubt on the second link?

• Like 3

Heja Sverige!!

You do realize that the first link casts doubt on the second link?

Sharpie never reads past the headline.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

The horse died while protecting Pediga marchers!? :lol:

Also, wow the alt-right lies train is targeting the Netherlands today. Trump retweeted a video of a "muslim immigrant" beating up a "dutch boy with crutches". But it actually was "dark-haired dutch boy beats up blonde dutch boy crutches" as the 'assailant' turned out to be neither an immigrant nor descended from immigrants nor a muslim. Also the video was sourced to dutch comedy site "Dumpert" (it's like 9gag meets 4chan) which casts serious doubt on its authenticity as it's a known source of hoaxes, so there's that.

https://nos.nl/artikel/2205150-trump-trapt-in-nepnieuws-en-retweet-nederlandse-anti-moslim-video.html

Edited by TrueNeutral
  • Like 1

Lying and making up things is becoming the new standard conversation. :yes:

Always been that way online. As it was in the pub before it.

• Like 1

"Did anyone ever tell you you're an expert at "yes, but they're evil nazis TOO!"?"

The point is a lot of people  cry about how  history in NA has been covered up and hidden to to make the  European  evil and monstrous even though everyone knows the horrible stuff they did.  There is this myth that pre European invasion that Indiians were living on the land and with each other in peace and harmony. That simply isn't the case. For me, it dehumanizes people when you don't share the FULL picture of their history both good and bad.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

"Did anyone ever tell you you're an expert at "yes, but they're evil nazis TOO!"?"

The point is a lot of people cry about how history in NA has been covered up and hidden to to make the European evil and monstrous even though everyone knows the horrible stuff they did. There is this myth that pre European invasion that Indiians were living on the land and with each other in peace and harmony. That simply isn't the case. For me, it dehumanizes people when you don't share the FULL picture of their history both good and bad.

Oh, that's entirely true but it doesn't cover the first part: "yes, but"

True as your statement is it does not deflect or mitigate those things everyone knows teh evil yuropeons did which makes it pretty much entirely irrelevent information in this situation. Bringing it up changes nothing, whether the people you're informing know it or not.

Going 'indians killed each other too' in response to 'gosh, the US is a bit racist to induans' or 'gosh, imperialists killed a lot of indians' doesn't affect anything. It's a non-argument. Those imperialists still killed a lot of indians. The US is still a bit nasty to native Americans. Gosh!

It's like when you watch American History X and Edward Norton makes a black guy put his face on the curb and stomps down and then you go 'well, you guys better remember that in Africa black people killed blacks too'. What's it change? It's not really relevant to the point being made.

Yes, it's important to know real history and it's freaking annoying when people ignore shades of gray for sake of outrage and blame. But right now the only way I can respond to your 'yes, but how 'bout dat native american autogenocide!' is: Yeah? So? What about it? At best, I guess it's a piece of tangentially related trivia?

Edit: Not actually why I went here. I was gonna go: lol, white house statement to Trump tweeting fake videos is 'who cares if the evidence is fake if we know in our gut the charges are true?'