Politics Thread: 13 Ghosts

Blarghagh

Trump 2020!
Sharp_one what would be the main reasons you like Trump

Please be honest, I can guess but I would rather not 8)

His politics and his stand against the liberal agenda. That would be the main. What was your guess?

Trump 2020!

Similar to your own and I would have added something like " there is perception or view that in some  parts of the world white, males are being blamed for certain unfair things or generalizations are made about them around what they can or cant do. It seems to be some sort of campaign or narrative. Its nebulous but does seem to exist " 

I have seen this before. I am collecting as much data to explain why people support Trump

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

He definitely took the easy way out, avoid all that media attention and eventual jail time

I probably would have done the same 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

He definitely took the easy way out, avoid all that media attention and eventual jail time

what are you talking about? Police dropped that case. Are all people mad these days? You are ok with ruining peoples lives without trial? wtf

Edited by Chilloutman

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

what are you talking about? Police dropped that case. 

Absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence. "Innocent until proven guilty" is fine and good, but when guilt is extremely difficult to prove, "he was clearly a pure soul cruelly bullied into suicide" is hardly the only way to interpret events.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

what are you talking about? Police dropped that case. Are all people mad these days? You are ok with ruining peoples lives without trial? wtf

He was also suffering from PTSD, I have had PTSD  in different  forms over the last 20 years or so

I found it to be very treatable once you recognize the symptoms. He clearly found it easier and more palatable than actually facing the charges.....if you consider the fact he would have been charged as a sexual deviant and already had  appalling racist charges against him I am surprised he took the suicide route

His career and life was basically over   

John Milton 

Accusations of misconducts are typical in politics especially in USA. Just look presidential race of 2016 and how many accusation were made against candidates without any trials. Okay one candidate was but on trial and was convicted (Trump University lawsuit and judge approved settlement) but that didn't prevent him to become president.    

Other candidates were accused, among other things, of running child prostitution ring in pizzeria and even for committing treason and nobody seemed to want to wait investigation let alone trial. 

Politics is ugly business where one needs to have thick skin when it comes to accusations of misconduct. If Johnson was innocent he should had sued people accusing him instead killing himself, because later only makes it worse for his family. 

• Like 1

Accusations of misconducts are typical in politics especially in USA. Just look presidential race of 2016 and how many accusation were made against candidates without any trials. Okay one candidate was but on trial and was convicted (Trump University lawsuit and judge approved settlement) but that didn't prevent him to become president.    

Other candidates were accused, among other things, of running child prostitution ring in pizzeria and even for committing treason and nobody seemed to want to wait investigation let alone trial. 

Politics is ugly business where one needs to have thick skin when it comes to accusations of misconduct. If Johnson was innocent he should had sued people accusing him instead killing himself, because later only makes it worse for his family. 

Guys this post  demonstrates for me one of the best ways to make a convincing point using logic and facts  without emotion or diatribe. Its hard to dispute this type of perspective, nice one Elerond  :thumbsup:

And something else, I dont feel even the slightest sorrow or sadness at the suicide. Am I suppose to feel bad in some way?

John Milton 

Seems like he got triggered.

Article doesn't really go into much detail about how his life was ruined, other than a past accusation being brought up a couple of days prior. The article that started it all seems to be mainly on him being a fraud - http://longcon.kycir.org.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The, uhh, point you were trying to make.

Ah. Well, I honestly think you are incapable of understanding much and conversate from disingenuous positions. 

So, okay, let me get this straight:

- Hurlie posts something about how whatshisface the pedophile can't ride a horse

- You butt in with a complete non sequitur about how PETA should totally get him for animal cruelty

- Malc asks what the hell you're on about

- You respond by mumbling something about piling on "but he's totally a scumbag you guys"

- I ask what you were trying to achieve with those two posts

- You respond by telling me that I'm "incapable of understanding much" and "conversate from disingenuous positions"

Yeah, pull the other one, mate  :lol:

Edited by aluminiumtrioxid

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

...You, uhh, do realize that you can just disengage from the conversation instead of spamming the topic with "pass", right? 

(Lemme guess, "pass". Have to rub the "I'm very passive-aggressive about ignoring you" bit in, after all.)

Awful, just awful.

Trump 2020!

It's no surprise that con artists would take advantage of the current climate, if that's the case here. I saw an article the other day saying that Sen. Chuck Schumer had gotten targeted with a fraudulent accusation. It was pretty obvious that it was an accusation because it claimed certain dates that he was somewhere when in fact he was someplace else, among other inconsistencies.

Still, it's terrible that it would lead to this kind of reaction on the part of the accused.

Edited by smjjames

...You, uhh, do realize that you can just disengage from the conversation instead of spamming the topic with "pass", right? 

(Lemme guess, "pass". Have to rub the "I'm very passive-aggressive about ignoring you" bit in, after all.)

Ay yi yi! I do not take your feelings into consideration, I'm just bored with you.

You. are. a. liar. So simple even you cant "misinterpret"

The, uhh, point you were trying to make.

Ah. Well, I honestly think you are incapable of understanding much and conversate from disingenuous positions. I guess Ill have to take a pass. :shrugz:

tMQRx5h.gif
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Ay yi yi! I do not take your feelings into consideration, I'm just bored with you.

You. are. a. liar. So simple even you cant "misinterpret"

If you're bored with him, then why are you even responding? ;)