Politics Thread: 13 Ghosts

Blarghagh

I find it hard to believe she did suicide because some folks on the internet wrote mean things about her for barely a day. I'm certainly not an expert on the matter, but I bet this kind of stuff needs way more time to build up.

From what I've been able to tell she had a history of depression, could be the straw as Malc suggested. What I find funny is that those who will be making crocodile tears about this are the same who cry about the evil of trigger warnings and the need for snowflakes to toughen up.

A trigger warning/exposed to a normal situation and can't handle it is the same as cyber bullying from a mob......????

Really, we are putting being bullying on the same page as trigger warnings?! Whatever people's thoughts about seeing a trigger warning on the front of a play or seeing snowflakes scream in childish rage because Trump is in office, I think we can all agree if we saw those and saw someone getting bullied....I would hope that most everyone here would be disgusted or at least know the bullying was wrong no matter what ur stance is.

I'm sorry maybe not seeing something or sense of humor flew right over my head, but I think that's a real ****ty comparison that don't really hold water.

Dunno why it's posted now as the article is 18 months old and still has Carter as Secretary of Defence; guess they've just visited Serbia.

Because I only found out about it recently and it was the other way around, our Minister was visiting the US regarding the Atlantic Counsel and had a meeting with H. R. McMaster when one of the brothers approached him.

Also this was the only article in English I could find.

Edited by Sarex

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

I think we can all agree if we saw those and saw someone getting bullied....I would hope that most everyone here would be disgusted or at least know the bullying was wrong no matter what ur stance is.

I take it you weren't here for the gamergate threads then  :lol:

• Like 1

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

I find it hard to believe she did suicide because some folks on the internet wrote mean things about her for barely a day. I'm certainly not an expert on the matter, but I bet this kind of stuff needs way more time to build up.

From what I've been able to tell she had a history of depression, could be the straw as Malc suggested. What I find funny is that those who will be making crocodile tears about this are the same who cry about the evil of trigger warnings and the need for snowflakes to toughen up.

A trigger warning/exposed to a normal situation and can't handle it is the same as cyber bullying from a mob......????

Really, we are putting being bullying on the same page as trigger warnings?! Whatever people's thoughts about seeing a trigger warning on the front of a play or seeing snowflakes scream in childish rage because Trump is in office, I think we can all agree if we saw those and saw someone getting bullied....I would hope that most everyone here would be disgusted or at least know the bullying was wrong no matter what ur stance is.

I'm sorry maybe not seeing something or sense of humor flew right over my head, but I think that's a real ****ty comparison that don't really hold water.

No it's pretty apt. Change who's being bullied to some "SJW" and all this sympathy would drain real quick from the ones upset by this. Like I said, any corpse as a bludgeon.

Edit for an egregious typo.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

No it's pretty apt. Change whose being bullied to some "SJW" and all this sympathy would drain real quick from the ones upset by this. Like I said, any corpse as a bludgeon.

I see, so emotions such as "sympathy" changes what's right and wrong. Gotcha, I understand now. Carry on then

If this girl would have been dogpiled for saying she wouldn't work with white guys then the crocodile tears would be wiped away with the same people saying she needs to toughen up for being racist. It's sad that she died, but as most stories I've read mentioned that her husband wants to keep this private mourning using the corpse as a bludgeon against sjws seems in bad taste.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I see, so emotions such as "sympathy" changes what's right and wrong. Gotcha, I understand now. Carry on then

Heh, it's the way it is but not as it should be. Restricted to the legions of tools waging war over culture or whatever online mind you, which always pays to remember is probably not all that large a segment of the populace.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Heh, it's the way it is but not as it should be. Restricted to the legions of tools waging war over culture or whatever online mind you, which always pays to remember is probably not all that large a segment of the populace.

I agree, and while my personal view of the matter doesn't change how I feel and see this, stepping back and looking at this in a nuetral light and I see where y'all coming from.

• Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Easier to wind up than a football fan

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/12/10/alabama-race-no-win-proposition-republicans/935188001/?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzRss&utm_campaign=usatodaycomwashington-topstories

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/apos-alabama-deserves-better-apos-170632496.html

So who do you guys think will win in Alabama on Tuesday, Moore or Doug Jones?

I  have to say Moore sets  a very low  bar for the Republicans with all these sexual abuse allegations and women coming forward 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/12/10/alabama-race-no-win-proposition-republicans/935188001/?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzRss&utm_campaign=usatodaycomwashington-topstories

I  have to say Moore sets  a very low  bar for the Republicans with all these sexual abuse allegations and women coming forward 

Moore and I don't think it will be close either

Free games updated 3/4/21

Moore and I don't think it will be close either

Even with the Republican candidate as damaged as he is, the Democrats still have a tough fight to get ahead. Normally, Alabama is a safe Republican Senate seat.

So, Moore could still win, but could end up being close.

Also, PSA reminder (as if we need one, but you'll get a laugh out of this one) on the kind of crazy that Moore would be inflicting on the GOP. He said back in 2011 that we should get rid of the amendments after the 10th as according to him, it'd fix lots of problems.

So, among those he'd want to get rid of are the 13th amendment which abolished slavery or things that fixed problems that actually happened like the 12th. I know Moore and Trump supporters are just gonna say "That was in the past, the past doesn't matter", but once he becomes Senator (and I secretly hope the expelling fails so that the GOP reaps what they've sown), the GOP is going to own those comments, like that guys 'legitimate rape' comments.

Handy reference to the 27 amendments for our international friends.

• Like 1

I hope I'm wrong because it would be nice to know that some political norms still exist but I'm thinking Moore by at least 10%

On the contrary I think it's lovely that evangelical Christians are finally standing up for sexual minorities, though I'm surprised it's pedophiles that finally roused them into action.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I hope I'm wrong because it would be nice to know that some political norms still exist but I'm thinking Moore by at least 10%

On the contrary I think it's lovely that evangelical Christians are finally standing up for sexual minorities, though I'm surprised it's pedophiles that finally roused them into action.

Maybe it's just the echo bubble, but I haven't heard anything about that. Roy Moore is pretty much fringe of the fringes though.

" though I'm surprised it's pedophiles that finally roused them into action. "

Moore is a piece of crap but it is yahoos like you  that makes one cheer for him to win just to make you butthgurt. Even if the worst accusations about him are true he is not a pedophile.  Unless youa re trying to change the definition of the word. Accusing someone of being a pedophile is serious but hey you are random idiot on net so won't get charged but should for flat out lying about the facts or heck even the accusations.

Moore should be punished for not acting like a mature adult and pursing teenage girls but that isn't pedophile. You shouldn't feel the need to make upo lies about his misdeeds when he has clear cut sins to attack him for.

More is a craphead. So are you. You two should marry.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I bet pedos are glad Volorun is here to white knight them on internet forums.

• Like 1