The strongest beta build

Nail

Now with way more experience with the backer beta and with my first full custom party, I had way more fun with a Witch main character (Berserker+Soulblade).

With buffs to accuracy and defenses from my npcs, his durability was nice and the damage output was crazy.

The damage calculation of soul annihilation remains completely broken. I saw damage as high as >190 when hovering my mouse above the combat log event, whereas the combat log itself stated values of 60-70ish, but the enemies dropping like flies confirmed way higher damage.

Across all the content of the beta, the Witch dealt around 15000 damage, around as much as the rest of the party combined, and easily more than twice as much as the runner up Roguette, my Orlan sharpshooter rogue. Tanky McTankface, my dual warhammer wielding Devoted/Paladin Moongodlike tank/healbot, only dealt 2-3k of damage, but the AI wouldn't use his offensive paladin abilities, so he could have done way better. My Chanter/Priest and Chanter/Wizard support guys landed somewhere near that rather low damage output, even though the Loremistress did use Minolettas missiles and fan of flames repeatedly.

• Like 1

How are you guys getting fully custom parties? Are you just giving yourselves more money through the console and buying them?

Yeah givemoney amount is the command just fyi. You honestly don't even need that if you just get level one companions and console command to level them. 

How are you guys getting fully custom parties? Are you just giving yourselves more money through the console and buying them?

Iroll20s

Then

Giveplayermoney1000000

Then 

Add experience level 9

Use the tab key to cycle through available console commands

So dune,

you use a big weapon to do that ?

It is best to stay with one gun + melee weapon or switch (loss of time) on a better weapon ?

Did you mean that big number backstab? I did it with arquebus because it’s easlier to trigger on the edge. A bit complex because u need to get bloodied first and then use blunderbuss to trigger flanking, then swap to arquebus.

Also I don’t have any Str Inspiration or any other lash like shared flames or Chanter one, so the number can be like 700+ with them.

I think sword/pistol is still bugged right? If you shot someone and try to move near someone to hit them with sword, you will be stuck with reloading animation instead :)

Not sure if strongest, but found an Assassin Solo Triple Crown beta playthrough by sin tee

Looks very promising and interesting.

Hope he doesn't mind me posting it here ))

Free exposure for his youtube content? I'm sure he'll positively hate you :no:

Not sure if strongest, but found an Assassin Solo Triple Crown beta playthrough by sin tee

Looks like it's actually a Holy Slayer Assassin/Bleak Walker. Posted April 6th so I guess it's the latest patch?

It's beta4 (you can see it at the start of the vid in the upper right corner).

And it is indeed an Assassin/Bleak Walker - those where always nice. They got nerfed a bit because of the weaker Assassination and the reduced FoD damage - but the key synergy is the twofold increased ACC and the crit damage + Sneak Damage, combined with two multiplying FoD lashes that make this combo strong. You nearly always crit with that combo (unless you use Rending Smash). It can one-shot enemies from stealth/invisibility because of that and is also quite sturdy (for an Assassin).

I suspect a SC Assassin will not be as effective - at least not until the late game.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

That's how I like it. Looks strong.

Done this with Moon Godlike Wizard

q22yrpP.png

Perebor steam

Talents that affect spells damage: Bloodied(Barbarian), Fighting Spirit(Human), Assassinate(Assassin), Sworn Enemy(Paladin).

There might be more, so I just summarize what I found here.

So a Barbarian Human/Nature Godlike can contribute +40%/45% damage and +5 STR to spells when bloodied if he hybrids caster classes. Which is comparable to Assassin, who needs Invisible/Stealth and a crit to get the +50% bonus.

Edited by dunehunter

Talents that affect spells damage: Bloodied(Barbarian), Fighting Spirit(Human), Assassinate(Assassin), Sworn Enemy(Paladin).

There might be more, so I just summarize what I found here.

So a Barbarian Human/Nature Godlike can contribute +40%/45% damage and +5 STR to spells when bloodied if he hybrids caster classes. Which is comparable to Assassin, who needs Invisible/Stealth and a crit to get the +50% bonus.

Wilder Hunter definitely, Death Godlike iirc (damage against near-death enemies).

Blood Frenzy adds a DoT to spells.

Most spells have at least +10% damage / power level, and multiclass usually has -2 power level... could use scrolls as single-class though.

Edited by SaruNi
  • Like 1

Whew - I tested a Black Jacket/Wizard gunslinger again (did it in beta1 and it wasn't good) - the idea is to cast Combusting Wounds on a bunch of enemies and then grill them with Powder Burns. In beta4 now it's very good. I killed 6 CRE_dummies with one cycle of my weapon sets (4 exp. blunderbusses). A new thing is that Scion of Flame works with Powder Burns. This is great because its PEN is rather low.

I also used Expose Vuln.

I made sure to cast Infuse with Vital Essence before casting Expose & Combusting Wounds because the INT helps duration (and terefore damage with CW).

Expose is only for situations where Powder Burns/blunderbuss can't penetrate. Combusting Wounds itself now works properly.

In addition to that I chose Minor Missiles and Bounding Missiles which can be used after the weapon cycle is done. Only after that you'd have to reload.

Now searching for the easiest way to prevent distraction...

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

don't ostrich aim and/or disciplined strikes prevent distraction?

On a side note could you go for bleak wanker/black jacket and take clear head to prevent the perception malus? is there any indication that there are items with spells bound to them like in PoE 1?

Edited by George_Truman