The strongest beta build

Nail

What's Eternal Devotion again?

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

One shot(actually 10 shot because dual wielding blunderbuss) the Engwithan Titan on PotD  :p

3rCBsj9.jpg

hf7tNmP.png

Eleven if you count letting the Titan hit you first to trigger Heating Up. Ranged Streetfighter with Powder Burns (to become "flanked") is pretty good (at least multi-classed). Don't see the Sickened Affliction being applied, so not a Bleak Walker though? (Walking the... bleak streets.) 

Edited by SaruNi

There have been a lot of complaints about the damage of spells in the beta, especially with the longer cast times. I wonder how much of that is because they have to account for scaling with power level. Maybe dragon thrashed and other spells will actually be pretty powerful on a 20th level single class.

Maybe dragon thrashed and other spells will actually be pretty powerful on a 20th level single class.

I just tested it with cheat code. Awful !

And it is not a scaling problem, because physical class also have scaling each level. the problem is base damage. More, there is no more fire damage reduction !...

It is pretty horrible atm...

Edited by theBalthazar

I'm not sure I understand what you mean... could you elaborate please?

I'm saying the base damage will scale with power level. So, for example, what is the difference between the damage of a fireball at level 5(power level 3) and level 7(power level 4) on a single class wizard with 10 might?

Edited by ghostwriter

I'm not sure I understand what you mean... could you elaborate please?

I'm saying the base damage will scale with power level. So, for example, what is the difference between the damage of a fireball at level 5(power level 3) and level 7(power level 4) on a single class wizard with 10 might?

Base damage is base damage. Power level is the "+" increase each level. An interraction with a base number x or + power level.

For exemple, the spiritshift of druid. Someone tell me there will be an evolution each x levels. Increment of 1 pt each x levels etc.

But ennemies will evolve too, and physical classes also evolve too. So the change with powerlevel is not an "excuse" if the spell seem to be not powerful.

Edited by theBalthazar

Have anyone tried a sniper like combo? I'm thinking about a Black Jack/Shattered Pillar or Sharpshooter/Shattered Pillar.

Dance of death synergies good with ranged warriors, while u can kick them away if they try to approach you, or use turn blade for a temporarily defending method.

Black Jack seems to be a better choice than Sharpshooter because u can carry 3 Arbalest and use overbear shot to prone anyone try to approach you.

Edited by dunehunter

Have anyone tried a sniper like combo? I'm thinking about a Black Jack/Shattered Pillar or Sharpshooter/Shattered Pillar.

Dance of death synergies good with ranged warriors, while u can kick them away if they try to approach you, or use turn blade for a temporarily defending method.

Black Jack seems to be a better choice than Sharpshooter because u can carry 3 Arbalest and use overbear shot to prone anyone try to approach you.

Monk abilities probably work with the long pain like they did in PoE, though I haven't confirmed that yet.  So you wouldn't really need overbear shot since you'd have raised torment and force of anguish.

Monk abilities probably work with the long pain like they did in PoE, though I haven't confirmed that yet.  So you wouldn't really need overbear shot since you'd have raised torment and force of anguish.

Oh so you mean u can stun enemies from long distance with long pain? Mmm that sounds OP...

Oh so you mean u can stun enemies from long distance with long pain? Mmm that sounds OP...

In PoE you could do that yes.  But for all I know they removed the capability to do so since with shattered pillar it'd be easier to gain wounds.

Edited by Climhazzard

I tried a Black JackET/Sharpshooter with 8 blunderbuss or 8 pistol shots or 4 arquebus shots + Quick Switch and it's powerful but a LOT of switching.

What also annoys me a lot is that you have to activate the modal again every time you switch. Game looses the state of the modals when you switch back and forth - they are always off after switching.

This means you have twice the clicks... not so nice.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

^ we should make a feature request in the bug section for modals to stay on when you switch to another weapon that uses the same proficiency.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I wonder if it will not be the same for the grimoires.

OK, I switch the grimoire. Do I remember the spells in it? No, I consult.

I waiting this feature with impatience, for test it, because I dread its gameplay efficiency.

Edited by theBalthazar