The strongest beta build

Nail

Yes ! I tried them, indeed. I wanted to say : Almost not use after testing them.

But with single class, in our case, I hope trully than new spells will not only be decoration spells or "not-bad spells"... Because it is the trump card of Single class !...

Edited by theBalthazar

Currently running a 9th-level party on Veteran with scaling on for all content:

- Devoted/Helwalker

- Devoted/Berserker

- Devoted/Soulblade

- Devoted/Priest of Skaen

- Shifter/Helwalker

I can put combat in Fast mode and win every fight with ease. Granted, they're all dual-wielding one-handers whose recovery time is too short and will be patched to 3.0 seconds, so that'll be a significant nerf—but the synergies are pretty good for all combinations except the Devoted/Priest. Given the current casting times, I only really cast Restore or Suppress Afflictions as needed with a Priest, so I needed one that could also be good at melee combat.

We definitely need a buff to casters as right now a fully melee party just mops the floor easily while casters are completely useless (especially if single-classed.)

On a related note—the Devoted/Berserker isn't really shining much despite its obvious strength 'cause by the time he activates his Frenzy, the other guys have already killed everybody XD To be honest I haven't noticed much difference at all between Veteran and Classic? Perhaps I should try PotD.

Could you put the DPS stats of them? hits/crits as well... I am kinda curious :)

As soon as I get to the end of the beta, I'll make a screenshot of their stats and post it here :)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Hm... so nobody even cares that Lightning Strikes puts a 50% shocking lash on spells? Good... then it's all mine!  ;)

Very good, I have read that yes, but for mark the memory, we must play with the build.

I have start with the class at the top and I play to all subclasses (logically I started with barbarian etc.)

But this is awsome, especially since now the damage is no longer absorbed by the DR.

Edited by theBalthazar

Dual sceptre seems very good DPS combo or secptre/wand, where you dont need max dex to be effective. For instance with 0 dex dual sceptres have 0,7 speed and 1.3 recovery. The damage is nice for a 1h weapon + the modal gives 20% dmg and 2 pen. Also its range is 4m so a Ranger (sharpshooter) have "bonus penetration when attacking targets 4m or closer" - not sure how much the bonus is or if it works at all. 
Devoter is probably mandatory not only for the usual bonuses, but the life regen as well. A cipher is a good second class for the % dmg per hit.

Thought dual wielding wands with the Interfering modal and massive +action speed could be good for interrupting abilities, but it doesn't seem to work at all---on abilities, at least. (Not even when enemies are under Arduous Delay of Motion. Meanwhile, Chill Fog's tick was interrupting the same enemies' abilities....) Maybe it only works on spells/abilities with very long casting times?

Sharpshooter standing very close (and with Berserker Frenzy bonus to penetration) still gets the "No Pen" notification with wands on scarab beetles. Even when the Interfering modal isn't activated. Was only doing about 7 damage per hit iirc.

Dual wield scepters with the self-damaging modal does have some synergy with Blooded (+25% damage) if you dump con. Don't think it's one of the best builds though.

Edited by SaruNi

Anyone tried some funny Shadowdancer build? Am thinking about a special build based on Breaking Disengagement attack.

We know monk has ability to +defense against disengagement, would be funny to combo with Rogue Riposte for a build who try to trigger as many as disengagement attack as possible, and riposte enemies to death.

Seems also synergy with Blade of turning and Dance of death well.

Any thought on this build?

On Paladin-Berserkers:

1. The Paladin ability that removes Confused from party members says it requires an *unarmed* attack---is that right? (Aegis of somethingorother). Suggests Paladin-Monk. Berserker-Paladin could do it but at the expense of weapon slot.

2. Berserker Frenzy does DoT to the Berserker, so if it works with Paladin's retribution (+5% dmg on next weapon attack each time you're damaged, stacking up to 5 times) that could be good.

3. Also nice synergy between Bloodlust and Inspiring Triumph (+12 to all defenses after killing).

Incidentally, if a Berserker kills allied summons, does that trigger Bloodlust? So in a party with a Beckoner (maybe throw in Berserker AoE spells)... even if there aren't a bunch of ads, that would allow you to trigger Bloodlust.

On Paladin-Berserkers:

2. Berserker Frenzy does DoT to the Berserker, so if it works with Paladin's retribution (+5% dmg on next weapon attack each time you're damaged, stacking up to 5 times) that could be good.

Oh! Nice one! Could also add up nicely with Blooded to an overall damage boost of 50%.

The paladin has a passive that makes him resistant to intellect afflictions. That means that the confuse of the frenzy doesn't get applied.

I wonder if Heart of Fury will be in later. Because I can totally see a game breaking thing with Beckoner/Berserker: summon 6 skeletons (with the upgrade that they split into two lesser versions after death) then trigger friendly-fire HoF. This would generate a quadzillion of (carnage)hits and would make the "Beckserker" great against multiple foes as well as single ones.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Cipher-Monks (Transcendent) Shattered Pillar/Soul Blade

Shocking lash from Lightning Strikes applies to Mind Blades.

It also applies the shocking lash to Torment's Reach's cone AoE but Biting Whip does not apply to Torment's AoE but does to the initial target.

Shattered Pillars can gain wounds (cause damage) from using Torment's Reach.

The Transcendent feels pretty cool, doing damage gets you wounds and focus, Soul Whip is a big passive damage boost of 40% so you can keep Might at base and add to intellect or dexterity. Just stick to Cipher powers that have a 3 second cast unless you really want it. In fact don't take many Cipher powers at all and just use the Soul Blade raw damage attack when you need to hurt something. Once they give us weapon styles for non-fighters it'll get better with a 20% increase to attack speed from two weapon style. At higher level Monks get a +4 penetration to all weapons.

Any direct damage type class does well mixed with a Cipher:

-Devoted/Soul Blades hit like trucks with great penetration

-SharpShooter/Beguilers give some pizzazz to Rangers and add some nice illusion debuffs. Plus the Biting whip buff to bows.

Haven't tried the others like Paladin/Cipher, Barbarian/Cipher heck a Wizard/Cipher using self buffs and summoned weapons would hit like a truck, maybe go Ogre/Cipher for style?

P.S. Just tried an Ogre/Cipher, they can use Cipher powers while in Ogre form :)

Edited by KDubya

I feel like lightning strikes affecting stuff like mind blades is unintended, though I hope not because it's pretty cool.  Most multi class options only improve martial classes, having something that improves spells would be sweet.

Yeah, I've noted that as well. Multi-classing monk, rogue or warrior with something else always opens the door to some interesting synergies but multi-classing two "pure" casters together seems to just expand your spellbook without giving much of anything else.

Well... It nearly doubles your amount of spells per encounter. That is pretty useful.

If they were a bit ~50% faster :)

Maybe some passive talents to make so idk...

Edited by Nail

Done this with Moon Godlike Wizard

q22yrpP.png

Perebor steam

Seems like there is onlyy one reason to stay single classed, and that's Weapon Proficiency at 19th level...

Still 20 vs 27 abilities, I have doubts this Weapon Proficiency will be powerful enough to cover 7 abilities.

Multiclass > Single-Class

Edit: forgot this is not BG weapon proficiency system :)... it's just lame adding more weapons to activate modals...

So, definitely not worth it...

Empower - not using it as well, beta has no need in it...

There still may be some OP skills for power level 8 - 9, still I don't think they worth such limitations.

Time will tell though.

aeaWmHT.png

Edited by Nail

q22yrpP.png

Perebor steam

Seems like there is onlyy one reason to stay single classed, and that's Weapon Proficiency at 19th level...

Still 20 vs 27 abilities, I have doubts this Weapon Proficiency will be powerful enough to cover 7 abilities.

Multiclass > Single-Class

aeaWmHT.png

Nope, you also miss out on the 2 last tiers of Power Levels, which means :

- you get more abilities to choose from as a multi-class

but

- those abilities are of a lower tier (and thus, likely, less powerful)

Edit: oh and you also miss out on the passive bonii scaling with power levels (accuracy, penetration, whatever...)

Edited by dam

Edit: oh and you also miss out on the passive bonii scaling with power levels (accuracy, penetration, whatever...)

Hmm, power level gives you bonuses and not only source for using abilities?

Damn, I'm bad :)

q22yrpP.png

Perebor steam

Hmm, power level gives you bonuses and not only source for using abilities?

Damn, I'm bad :)

They do aye.

They give spells +pen for wizards, or monks +damage/pen for fists, for example.

I apologize, I only have those two examples in mind right now.

I do encourage you however, to seek out more ;)

Unfortunately I didn't take the beta access (don't have much free time). Just wondering, are there any fighter, barbarian or ranger builds (without multi-class) possible that are really powerful? And by really powerful I mean equivalent to the power builds in other classes.

Unfortunately I didn't take the beta access (don't have much free time). Just wondering, are there any fighter, barbarian or ranger builds (without multi-class) possible that are really powerful? And by really powerful I mean equivalent to the power builds in other classes.

The beta only goes up to level nine so multi-classing is going to be way more powerful than single classes. Single class power will come at gaining access to abilities faster and eventually getting stuff no multi can.

Another benefit of multi classes are that you get two special power sources such as zeal and mortification instead of just one type but a few more uses.

• Like 1

Single class in POE2...

...LOL.

+7 talents against +Double core abilities +Double choice in panel +More Power Source (Yes... count again)

VS

+Hypothetical OP Spells/abilities At the very end of the game (16-20) +A big advance over time on better spells/abilities.

-----------

So, the only advantage of single class right now, is the last point. You are "ahead" with "new things". If you have enough options in multiclass to be efficient : it is not sufficient to compensate in single class.

Few ideas :

* Better empower. WHEN I see Nature godlike with +2 power level, you cannot tell me single class can't have a +2 power level with empower (against 1 now ?). It is logical. One class = more perf in this class at the critical moment.

* Special passive/active abilities at the creation for each single classes. A reward to compensate +7 points AP of difference and other core of multiclass.

* More empower per encounter OR/AND more empower per rest.

ETC ETC.

Edited by theBalthazar
  • Like 2