The strongest beta build

Nail

Did you know that Wildstrike Shock/Burn whatever now also adds damage to spells? Trying a Fury/Evoker atm (Spirit Shield and highest DEX help a lot when casting bythe way) and no matter which damagiung spell I use - wizard's or druid's - I always get the Wildstrike bonus. Neat, isn't it? I wonder if Lightning Strikes also adds damage to spells since it doesn't say anything about melee or ranged ranged...

Maybe a druid with Wildstrike + a chanter with Mith Fyr would be cool, too?

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I play a skald/corpse eater now and I am very happy.

Skald + any melee class seems to be good.

For 2 phrases you can use 2 spells: AoE enemy armor reduction and AoE paralyze

If your penetration is below enemy AR, use the armor breaker to triple the damage of your party.

If you have enough penetration, you can perma paralyze all enemies ahead of you.

Paralyzed give you 50% hit -> crit, which makes it much easier to get phrases and have enough penetration.

It is good to have a second class with full attacks while dual wielding to get many crits fast.

If you max out perception and do everything else to increase accurency, high int to hit many enemies and you take care of positioning, you should be able to perma stunn most enemies.

Why not Berserker? With Killers Foze Stiff you'd get 100% hit to crit conversion.

And I can confirm that Mith Fyr still works with spells (although it says "weapons" in the description) and Wildstrike stacks with Mith Fyr. It's pretty nice. Fury is a nice spellcaster. BUT Wildstrike and Myth Fyr DON'T work with invocations, only real "spells" from wizard and druid and so on. At least both didn't work with the lvl-1 lightning invocation. Also with 20 DEX the casting times are still long, but doable. Now testing Lightning Strikes...

Edited by Boeroer

I'm very curious about the Cipher/Monk (in particular Soul Blade/Shattered Pillar).

Anyone given it a try yet?

I've tried one a little. I need to re-do it as the Cipher talents I took were not good, need to pay more attention to the cast time. I think just grabbing very few cipher powers and taking more Monk abilities will help.

I miss the regen from the fighter class though.

Lightning Strikes also works with spells! Superfury here we go! :D

Relentless Storm is very powerful with Lighting Strikes + Wildstrike. Also Switt Strikes shortens casting time. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Because compare to spell it's almost instantly casted and Berserker's Frenzy gives tier 2 Might/Con Inspiration not tier 1?

Remember we are talking about Berserker Frenzy here, not weak barbarian frenzy :p

I'd be surprised if tier 2, and even tier 3, Might and Constitution Inspirations aren't available through higher level spells, albeit it probably not together. Also I was talking about both Frenzies: the Berserker one certainly seems less likely to become useless than the Barbarian one.

Berserker's Frenzy gives you two tier-2 inspirations instead of two tier-1: Tenacious & Hardy instead of Strong & Fit. Tenacious adds +4 penetration to strong (+5 MIG) and hardy adds +4 AR to fit (+5 CON) - which is a HUGE bonus with the current PEN system.

Edited by Boeroer

Berserker's Frenzy gives you two tier-2 inspirations instead of two tier-1: Tenacious & Hardy instead of Strong & Fit. Tenacious adds +4 penetration to strong (+5 MIG) and hardy adds +4 AR to fit (+5 CON) - which is a HUGE bonus with the current PEN system.

I realise that. My point is simply that at some higher level it is very likely there will be Priest (or other class) spells which give those inspirations, possibly in an AoE, and at that point Berserker's Frenzy might become defunct.

This potential problem applies much more to the Barbarian's Frenzy of course, since those are only tier 1 inspirations. 

Frenzy also gives you decreased recovery.

You can also not take Frenzy if you feel it's redundant with your party - and use the Yell instead. Shaken is a good debuff.

Or you use Frenzy at the start of combat because it's a fast cast but doesn't last forever, while those "imagined" spells (I'm also sure there will be buffs with those inspirations) might take longer to cast. Just wild guessing though. I'm sure this will be tweaked if it turns out that Frenzy is really redundant.

The only problem with berserker actually is the spellcaster time. 6 seconds.

You need to wait the prayer of the spirit (They supress eachothers = prayer of the spirit is only a canceller for ONE guy, victim of confused, no more there will be no bonuses at the end). It is one action of the priest. In endgame hum... Perhaps there will be better to do than that... the priest is heavily busy to catch up the situation.

And here... we can't tell anything about that : if there is an equivalent later in highter level, Barbarian will became better. If not, Barbarian is useless.

After that, indeed :

+5 might = +15 % damage and +25 % AS. It is good... but for 2 PS of rage...

Obviously better than POE1, but not crazy. Only Berserker is a real barbarian in a certain point of view.

Edited by theBalthazar

Frenzy also gives you decreased recovery.

Derp, how did I forget about that.

As for the rest, hopefully it'll be fine I just realised that potentially the two inspirations would become redundant (particularly for the non-Berserker frenzy). Out of interest, did the Might and Constitution bonus of PoE's Frenzy stack with other bonuses? If not it's not all that different really.

I just checked ! interesting combo ! 

So ... We can not say it yet ... People will say we are repeating ourselves but ... :

Multiclass.

It is all : p

The stuff named "class" in POE1 (With one class = has been) does not exist anymore : p
Edited by theBalthazar

I just checked ! interesting combo ! 

So ... We can not say it yet ... People will say we are repeating ourselves but ... :

Multiclass.

It is all : p

The stuff named "class" in POE1 (With one class = has been) does not exist anymore : p

Pretty much that.

There is no reason not to take all that very powerful class determining abilities.

It would be good only if at certain power level, not reachable by multi class, there are some insane abilities, no other options.

Done this with Moon Godlike Wizard

q22yrpP.png

Perebor steam

The only problem with berserker actually is the spellcaster time. 6 seconds.

That's what makes Berserker/Paladin so good. Once you get Mental Fortress the Confusion is completely removed from their Frenzy.

Until it is patched...

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

Nope, the MIG and CON bonus did not stack with Priest's Holy Power or Champion's Boon for example.

In that regard I find the new categories of inspirations and afflictions a lot better because it's pretty clear that you can't profit from strong or tenacious two times. Also that whole tier-stuff and countering is neat.

Edited by Boeroer

Levels 16-20 = 20 % of the duration of the game with -hypothetical- game breaker spells.

Except if like POE1 you max your level long before. In this case Single class can enjoy of its particularity a little more.

There is also a slight advance to progression. To test... (After all, the beta is to detriment of single class :  low level, little difference)

Frankly, I hope they will be more inspired than the spells they produced for the 12-16 of White March... Because I did not -never- use any, I think, from memory. (Perhaps twin arrows L13 and substantial phantom ? No more)

Edited by theBalthazar

Then you missed some awesome stuff I have to say.

No Avenging Storm? No Freezing Rake? No Symbol of <deity>? No Sacred Immolation? There are a lot more...

Edited by Boeroer

Until it is patched...

That assumes it's a bug which it's not clear that it is. Yes, it removes the main downside of the Berserker (they still hurt themselves whilst frenzied) but you have to invest a ability point into doing so which you otherwise might not. Also, once Penetration has been rebalanced the extra bonuses from the higher tier Inspirations won't be quite as powerful as they are now so the combo won't be either.

Nope, the MIG and CON bonus did not stack with Priest's Holy Power or Champion's Boon for example.

Ah, in which case it's very much the same as Pillars I guess, which is fine.

I had rather stupidly forgotten the recovery bonus that Frenzy gives and that, together with Frenzy's fast cast should leave it being useful even if there are other abilities that allow you to replicate the Might and Constitution Inspirations.

In that regard I find the new categories of inspirations and afflictions a lot better because it's pretty clear that you can't profit from strong or tenacious two times. Also that whole tier-stuff and countering is neat.

Yeah I like it too, it's a very neat system. I like the fact that I can use Frenzy (and similar abilities) to counter Might and Constitution Afflictions. In fact that's somewhere the Inspiration aspect of Frenzy will remain useful even once higher tier Inspirations become available (on a Mountain Dwarf or Coastal Aumaua you can remove any Constitution or Might Affliction respectively, which is nice).

Edited by JerekKruger

Currently running a 9th-level party on Veteran with scaling on for all content:

- Devoted/Helwalker

- Devoted/Berserker

- Devoted/Soulblade

- Devoted/Priest of Skaen

- Shifter/Helwalker

I can put combat in Fast mode and win every fight with ease. Granted, they're all dual-wielding one-handers whose recovery time is too short and will be patched to 3.0 seconds, so that'll be a significant nerf—but the synergies are pretty good for all combinations except the Devoted/Priest. Given the current casting times, I only really cast Restore or Suppress Afflictions as needed with a Priest, so I needed one that could also be good at melee combat.

We definitely need a buff to casters as right now a fully melee party just mops the floor easily while casters are completely useless (especially if single-classed.)

On a related note—the Devoted/Berserker isn't really shining much despite its obvious strength 'cause by the time he activates his Frenzy, the other guys have already killed everybody XD To be honest I haven't noticed much difference at all between Veteran and Classic? Perhaps I should try PotD.

Edited by AndreaColombo

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Then you missed some awesome stuff I have to say.

No Avenging Storm? No Freezing Rake? No Symbol of <deity>? No Sacred Immolation? There are a lot more...

Surprise you only get those with single classes so.... :) Ye i have no idea about this but i bet it will be something like that for some of these

No, you also get those with multiclassing - if they remain on the level where they have been in PoE. But I guess OBS invented some nice stuff for single classes' highest power levels.

Edit: my phone's stupid auto correct is really killing me! It's more like auto mistake.

Edited by Boeroer

Not crazy if the time you do these spells you have already win. Freezing rake and avenging storm was ok, but there was a equivalent options... (A famous spell...

...in a special grimoire... ennemies paralysed... and iced : p Or a storm at level 5...)

Edited by theBalthazar