3.07 Blurred backgrounds

Phenomenum

Question

Something with render, i think, but since update every map is blurred:

1jpg_6873543_28387212.jpg

+ strange artifacts on certain zoom levels (take a look at those squares on trees - like extreme JPEG compression)

2jpg_9022956_28387214.jpg

AND STRANGEST THING: when i moving my party (and camera of course) several times with double-click or just quickly pan camera, blurring disappears on small part of map and game looks like it should wor a while:

3jpg_5775738_28387217.jpg

It's on every map! I remember there was a problem with blurred font on 3.0 version... maybe it's similar issue. If it unable to fix, please, let me know where i can get old 3.06 build, becose at this moment game looks awful.

P.S. Steam version, Win 7, NVidia GPU

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Like 1

5 answers to this question

Something with render, i think, but since update every map is blurred:

1jpg_6873543_28387212.jpg

+ strange artifacts on certain zoom levels (take a look at those squares on trees - like extreme JPEG compression)

2jpg_9022956_28387214.jpg

AND STRANGEST THING: when i moving my party (and camera of course) several times with double-click or just quickly pan camera, blurring disappears on small part of map and game looks like it should wor a while:

3jpg_5775738_28387217.jpg

It's on every map! I remember there was a problem with blurred font on 3.0 version... maybe it's similar issue. If it unable to fix, please, let me know where i can get old 3.06 build, becose at this moment game looks awful.

P.S. Steam version, Win 7, NVidia GPU

привет, подскажи, получилось решить проблему размытия ?

• Like 1

Да. Заменяешь файл Assembly-CSharp.dll на версию 3.06, которую можно взять тут: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4Aa3mggFvwlcy05M0JpT2NiSFk

Там, в какой-то папке найдешь файл Assembly-CSharp.3.06.dll

Переименуй его в  Assembly-CSharp.dll и закинь в папку Pillars of Eternity\PillarsOfEternity_Data\Managed

Сделай бекап оригинального файла, поскольку торговец новыми вещами пропадает, и если тебе нужно будет купить вещи с DLC, просто меняй файл на версию 3.08, когда захочешь и беги к нему. А потом обратно, на 3.06 - для четкой картинки.

Багов нет, новые вещи работают как надо. Хоть по двадцать раз меняй эти файлы.

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Like 1

Is there a possibility to play the game with the actual patch and remove this texture bug or feature?

It should be my first playthrough but with all the negativ feedback about the 3.07 versions, I don't want to play the game like this.

Or should I just switch back to 3.06? Wouldn't there something i am gonna miss?

If you want to play with the Deadfire DLC items, you need 3.07. Some months back I created a functional "frankenstein-patch" for myself by switching and changing several files between 3.06 and 3.07 and in the end it was perfectly playable, but this included much trial and error and resulted in some (very) minor glitches, so I do not recommencement it. The culprit in regards to the blurred image is Assembly-Sharp.dll, but patching to 3.07 and just switching this file back to the 3.06 version won't do it.

In my latest run, I just changed back to 3.06, because I can do without the DLC items - some of them are bugged anyway. If you can do without the Deadfire Pack, just use 3.06. The bug fixes 3.07 introduced are virtually non-existent and don't include anything of significance. 3.06 is the best version of this game in my opinion.