UI/area - Skulking-Terror attack sounds follow me

dam

Question

'kay that's a wierd one...

After a party wipe, I F8'd (and the game never loaded a quicksave, possibly because the only quicksave I had was on the world map, not in the area map).

Anyway, I loaded up the area autosave, fought the Skulking-Terror laguafeth again.

Now, from time to time, I can hear its slurping-attack-whatever sound.

It plays during pause, it plays on the load savegame screen, it plays after loading the autosave of another area.

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

Hey dam,

Is there any way you can provide me with your autosave? I cannot get this to reproduce in house with the steps provided for quicksave. Anything else you could provide would be also greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

You the best,

-Caleb

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

That particular autosave doesn't reproduce the issue :'(

1 AM here, gonna try and reproduce from a fresh game tomorrow during lunch break.

Self-ref steps to follow to try and repro :

- create PC

- quicksave on the WORLD MAP

- get into fight with super OP barbarian/monk laguafeth

- pause during combat (possibly while the sound effect in question is being played ?!! )

- quickload (hopefully it fails to quickload; I hope so, guessing the quickload actually runs a cleanup routine first, including currently running sounds)

- sound problem should happen

As a rule of thumb and coming from the same background as you guys (well, I'm systems/networks but you get the idea), if I provide neither save nor clear repro steps, I've sadly been unable to repro :'(

As a side note, another player has encountered an issue with similar symptoms, as in sound effect playing over and over again, even in menus :

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/94676-sound-glitch/