List of reported bugs s'il vous pliz

dam

Question

Say OBS, can we get a list of the reported bugs ?

'cause let's be honest, nobody who's bothering to fill in a bug report Searches first to see whether it's been posted already or not.

Like, search functions in forums... plainly suck...

I for one, would like to have a sticky thread I can refer, with bug categories (UI, text/dialogue/description, abilities, items, whatever else), in which I can quickly see bug X or Y's status :

- reported (triage)

- reported, and unable to reproduce : testers provide additional info

- reported, but needs more info/clarification : testers provide additional info

- reported, and filled in bug db : testers, stap posting pliz

- false positive, clarification provided : testers, stap posting as well pliz

Now, obviously this would add a bit of overhead for you guys, updating the thread every day or so to include the newest bugs, and updating the status of older ones.

It would, however, save time on dupes.

Just nuke this thread if the idea sucks or you already have tools in place.

Keep it up :)

Edit: "testsers", woopsie... corrected ^^'

Edited by dam
  • Like 4

7 answers to this question

I'm kind of surprised Obsidian isn't employing an actual bug tracking website of some kind. I've seen some Early Access games in the past use them and they were quite nice at sorting things out and offering easy searching of already submitted bugs and being able to add comments or just escalate them to show how widespread the issue is. The Forum isn't terrible, but it's going to get pretty messy and redundant as time goes on. 

They have an actual bugtracker (jira), but somehow noone has had enough time to make an open jira servicedesk useable (and servicedesk is quite limited, to get that in the form of a public bugtracker could need a few addons and more), and the unlimited no servicedesk version would burn to many licences or expose non public stuff.

They have an actual bugtracker (jira), but somehow noone has had enough time to make an open jira servicedesk useable (and servicedesk is quite limited, to get that in the form of a public bugtracker could need a few addons and more), and the unlimited no servicedesk version would burn to many licences or expose non public stuff.

Yeah, working in the industry and having to maintain, among others, redmine/jira trackers, I totally understand why theirs isn't open.

Can't exploit vulnerabilities or exfil information from a tool the public doesn't have access to ;)

Hey all!

Yeah this would be a dream, trust me! It mostly comes down to what dam mentioned. It's risky, and we here have to maintain individual bugs ourselves and ensure we take the necessary precautions to search for duplicate issues in our Jira system. We have a thread that mentions some of the bigger hitters, and I will hopefully look for some time to get this list a little more accurate to what has been reported by you all. 

There is a search function on the forum to do in quick parse if the issue has been reported, but that may not be very reliable if its similar cases that just weren't worded correctly.

So for that I would like to apologize we don't have a more sophisticated system, but hopefully we can get something set up that works a little better!

If you have any additional comments or concerns, feel free to drop a line this way or start a new post :)

Stay awesome my friends! Thank you for all your hard work and diligence!

You all, sincerely, the best,

-Caleb

• Like 1

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

Now, here's an idea pops to mind...

How about some kind of IDK, google shared sheet or something, or a XML file (apply a XSL stylesheet to it and we're gold).

You could populate it from Jira using API calls, even filtering out some issues tagged as DO_NOT_PUBLISH or whatever.

Obviously there'd be a little tinkering and setting up involved, but personally, I'd like the challenge (and the chance to do something different) if I were one of your sysadm ;)

You could set it up with fields like :

short title; category; severity; reproducible; status; long description

There would be no need to include sensitive fields like assigned dev/team, or creation date which to be fair, are not even relevant or just do not concern us.

Edit: file format suggestion included for free

Edited by dam