10 mechanics for Tidefall. That I know for sure. I believe it's also 10 for the black pages. And you have to be in scouting mode (aka stealth mode)! Else your skill check is reduced.

Things like resting bonuses or bonuses from items and scrolls work of course. So you can get away with 4 mechanics if you use all that if I'm not mistaken.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Cail's Lair in Searing Falls. Go to his dwelling place. In the south there is the hidden stash with Tidefall. You have to be close and scout. Look - where the masked face sits here (south of "1"):
ar0813_searing_falls_drake.jpg

For the Black Pages maybe you have to watch the spirit conversation between Ninagauth and scholar and look at the drawn map first in order to "unlock" the hidden stash?

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Ya so for sure I've been in the right places. I went and did the little interaction with Ninagauth in Russetwood and got the map, didn't change anything. Have base 10 mechanics and have tried buffing past there too.....

This is super frustrating, while not exactly game breaking this kind of stuff drives me INSANE.

Thank you all for your replies. Figured some stuff out. As dgray62 says you need to actually look at the map, its not enough to just have it. Seems obvious now lol.

Tidefall.....um I got no clue. Finally got it by using the Caed Nua resting bonus to get up to 12 mechanics, but I'm sure one of the things I tried was a scroll to boost mechanics. Perhaps its just a bit buggy somehow. But anyways back on track....I even finally managed to get Deadfire items working heh.

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone sure what Mechanics is needed to detect Gwyn's Band of Union in upscaled WM Pt II? I'm pretty sure upscaling affects lock difficulty, and so you'd think it would also effect hidden containers too.

If anyone was interested, you don't need any mechanics at all really to find Gwyn's Band of Union (I tested with 4 Mechanics on an old save and still spotted it). However the door to get to it is 11 difficulty, so you need a mechanics of at least 9 to get access to it.

Edited by Jojobobo