Feedback on new World Map (Overland Map)

Fluffle

I wouldn’t mind a better character pointer, but a walking miniature of our character isn’t what I am looking for. I find those more abstract and fake than a pointer with your portrait on it.

I'm not expecting an animated miniature of our hero, more like a wood-textured static table-top figurine, either a generic one, or a texture applied to our character model so it's unique.

I really like the idea of the world map as a map on a table, with wooden figurines of our ship and hero being moved across the map to show our progress. Dragon Age Inquisition had a really beautiful world map in that style.

Aloth massages his temples, shaking his head.

I wouldn’t mind a better character pointer, but a walking miniature of our character isn’t what I am looking for. I find those more abstract and fake than a pointer with your portrait on it.

I'm not expecting an animated miniature of our hero, more like a wood-textured static table-top figurine, either a generic one, or a texture applied to our character model so it's unique.

I really like the idea of the world map as a map on a table, with wooden figurines of our ship and hero being moved across the map to show our progress. Dragon Age Inquisition had a really beautiful world map in that style.

That was their first approach. I liked it. For various reasons throughout the development they decided to change it.

• Like 2

- I agree with the OP that I like the world map from SoZ more than the current one of PoE2. It was more interactive. Your moving speed in depended on the area and your survival skill ( you walk faster on a road than in the jungle. Hidden things could be found with the spot skill (maybe it was another skill) and other things than yourself were moving around.

Actually, watching this made me like to play NWN2 again, but I have lots of other things to do.

- The game now (beta version 3) looks much better than in the E3 video, including the world map.

If things continue to get better like this PoE2 might become fantastic.

• Like 1