Storms of Poko Kohara quest discussion (SPOILERS!)

CENIC

I wanted to see what outcomes other beta players have had with the main beta questline.

Is there any way to get the tribe to turn against the chief? He's basically selling them to the Vailians to be butchered...

Aloth massages his temples, shaking his head.

I wanted to see what outcomes other beta players have had with the main beta questline.

Is there any way to get the tribe to turn against the chief? He's basically selling them to the Vailians to be butchered...

Question: What is that 7-point MC-exclusive Religion check right at the *very* end?!

Is he? I thought he was trying to save them by making them as nonthreatening to outside forces as possible, not that I necessarily agree that it would work but it might.

I thought he was trying to get the Vailian Republic to build a trade post so their military would protect them from raiders and pirates...

In the dungeon, you find papers on the body of the Vailian expedition captain talking about how the Vailians could use the Tikiwara villagers to cleanse the luminous adra the way the Engwithans did.

When you give these papers to either Nairi or Ruanu at Tikiwara it triggers some interesting dialogue.

• Like 1

Is he? I thought he was trying to save them by making them as nonthreatening to outside forces as possible, not that I necessarily agree that it would work but it might.

I thought he was trying to get the Vailian Republic to build a trade post so their military would protect them from raiders and pirates...

In the dungeon, you find papers on the body of the Vailian expedition captain talking about how the Vailians could use the Tikiwara villagers to cleanse the luminous adra the way the Engwithans did.

When you give these papers to either Nairi or Ruanu at Tikiwara it triggers some interesting dialogue.

Yes, but does it say the Chief *knew* about those plans?

ah ok I hadn't done that yet tho I had read the papers. 

When you show him the papers, he can't read them and doesn't believe you. Then he tells you to give him the papers. If you refuse you're forced to kill him and his guards and the entire village becomes hostile.

EDIT: After you destroy/cleanse the adra, if you gave the papers to Nairi she reveals to the rest of the village what the Vailians were planning to do, but Ruanu again denies it and smooths things over.

Edited by CENIC

When you show him the papers, he can't read them and doesn't believe you. Then he tells you to give him the papers. If you refuse you're forced to kill him and his guards and the entire village becomes hostile.

In my playthrough he said that he had no reason to distrust me when I told him about the pages, but he still wanted to keep the papers because he didn't want rumors and panic spreading in the village. Maybe it's a reputation thing?

Question: What is that 7-point MC-exclusive Religion check right at the *very* end?!

I passed it with 7 point religion (only the Watcher) and nothing happened. Maybe it has effects in non-beta game parts?

Or it effects somehow if you give papers to Nairi or Chieftain? Haven't checked it yet.

Edited by White Phoenix

Well, there's a single Vailian who wants to recreate the twisted experiments. She doesn't even trust her expedition mates enough to share those plans with them.

I don't like the Vailians from what I'm seeing here, but they're not currently trying to kill & enslave the village piece by piece until there's nothing left, which is what Tikawara faced in its previous location.

Edited by cheesevillain

I tried showing the pages to Vektor (the dwarf from the Vailian expedition who was left behind in Tikiwara) and he gets really nervous and says that Beza (the captain) was trying to get attention from the company's director.

...he also takes the pages, telling you he'll make sure they get back to the company director. Yeah, right.