I'm liking the Inspiration/Affliction system a lot, and the "resistance X affliction" racials seem really good as a result. Might and Dexterity seem particularly good as they can give immunity to particular hard forms of crowd control.
My thoughts on some of the other racials:
- Island Aumaua: I haven't noted exactly what penalties slog zones impart on characters (other than slower speed) but unless they are crippling this will only be good if slog zones are incredibly common
- Boreal Dwarf: I'd prefer that grazes became universal again, but if they remain limited then this might be pretty good for spellcasters.
- Death Godlike: do more damage to enemies you've basically already beaten, and do more damage shortly before you die (or are healed). Pretty bad.
- Fire Godlike: the Ashen Skin bonus is too low at the moment. If Battle Forged doesn't scale with level then it's pretty awful too.
- Moon Godlike: if this scales with level it might be okay, otherwise it's only useful in the early game.
- Nature Godlike: the worst godlike in PoE is now pretty good in Deadfire. I like this ability.
- Human: much like Pallid Fate this isn't great since it requires you to be low on health. At least in PoE it activated and you kept it after healing.
Hopefully these will be tweaked a bit.