Plucked Fruit quest

CENIC

Question

I've been trying different methods of completing this quest and encountered something that might be a bug.

If you go to the beach at midnight and confront Rongi, you can pass a Bluff check to get him to confess. BUT... when you then go speak to the quest giver NPC, there are no dialogue options to complete the quest. You are forced to take the koiki fruit out of the chest and return it to the quest giver, which doesn't make sense considering you are able to support Rongi's decision to plant the koiki seeds.

I told Rongi I would keep his secret... then took the fruit, returned it to the quest giver and let him execute the innocent guy. When I talked to Rongi afterwards he made no mention of the fact I had taken the fruit from the beach.

Aloth massages his temples, shaking his head.

6 answers to this question

He appears in the bottom left of the village map at midnight under the rock arch. I usually use the Wait feature and adjust the slider so that it puts me in the first hour of midnight. Alternatively with an Intellect of 14 on the PC and a party Intimidate of 8 you can get him to confess when you ask him about the evidence you find by the storage shed.

How do you manage to confront him at the beach? I've tried waiting and it doesn't seem to do any good, he never shows up.

You have to talk to his family in his house. It updates the quest.

Aloth massages his temples, shaking his head.

Good News, Everyone! 

From the thread I started on this subject: 

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the feedback! I agree that it seems strange that you can't resolve this quest by allowing the Koiki Fruit to be kept hidden and turned into a future harvest. I've alerted the team to this issue and it is now being tracked internally. Thanks for playing and helping us out!

So here's hoping that they do end up adding this option. :)