Removing health regen will make injury system more fair

Gairnulf

It's simple. (we kill the batman)

If at the end of combat a party member is left at 1 HP, he will suffer no penalty for losing all his other HP.

But if at the end of combat a party member is left at 0 HP he receives a penalty for losing all his HP.

One HP difference brings a penalty that's worth 10 times or more HP. Not really fair or balanced, is it?

The solution - retain the HP cap penalty for knockouts, but stop giving health for free at the end of combat. Instead, let the player choose if he wants to heal HP damage after combat, how much, and through what means - healing spells, potions, temple healing (lacking in the game currently).

• Like 1

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

That doesn't make any sense at all. Like...at all.

"That" being which statement:

1. The fact that your health regenrates to full, if combat ended when you were at 1HP?

2. Or the fact that you get a 25% penalty to max HP if you were knocked down?

3. Or the proposition that HP should not regenerate?

Edited by Gairnulf

eFoHp9V.png

The idea that there being no penalty for not getting knocked out is somehow unfair and that getting rid of health regen would somehow make it fair again.

I understand all the steps in your logic, I just don't understand the whole.

The idea that there being no penalty for not getting knocked out is somehow unfair and that getting rid of health regen would somehow make it fair again.

I understand all the steps in your logic, I just don't understand the whole.

You have misunderstood.

The penalty is for getting knocked out. What I am saying is that 1pt of HP to be making the difference between this penalty and getting all your health back is bad design.

eFoHp9V.png