3.07 Company Captain's Cap

SableShrike

Question

Reproduced this a few times now, but the Company Captain's Cap is Confusing my friendly priests when they use a number of abilities.

Radiance and Iconic Projection for sure will both proc the Cap's Confusion ability, potentially stunning (or worse) your healers midfight.

Had this happen twice during fights with enemies that don't use Confuse.

It's definitely the Cap doing this.

Not sure if this's fixable, but it makes the hat touchy to use on TC difficulty.

• Like 1

9 answers to this question

I came to report this but since SableShrike beat me to it, I'll just add a few notes and a screenshot.

You can confuse yourself with this hat.

Steps to reproduce:

wear Company Captain's Cap (bound and upgraded until it gets the 10% chance to cast confuse on being hit)

Cast buffs on yourself until it triggers

might need to be in combat, not sure.

edit: added screenshot for bonus points

post-77363-0-08789000-1511320504_thumb.jpg

Edited by yogurtking

You can use this with Shod-in-Faith, and crit yourself with the Confuse effect on a Consecrated Ground pulse (with the hat making you immune to it's own Confuse effect), which sparks another Shod-in-Faith passively outside of combat if you crit yourself. This isn't exactly a common occurrence, but it has happened to me already.

Have the same problem and it is in fact pretty unplayable as of now. Hermit's cap helps to protect a priest but a barbarian wearing Shod-in-faith or wizard wearing Nature's embrace proc it consistently.

And you don't have to be in combat for it. Shod-in-faith continues healing after combat ends and I had confusion starting another battle more than once. So, unfortunately, as of now it is unplayable. Maybe, by the end of my current run it is fixed because I like it quite a lot on my tank

That's why Eder can't wear his baby now. :facepalm:  And not just this piece of wonder has potential to screw up our companions.

I have Maneha wearing Elryn's Jacket and Glittering Glove, in battle Grieving Mother use Amplified Wave on her,
then guess what, Mother got Eyestrike & Dazed at the same time. So I guess Amplified Thrust will trigger them too.
This shouldn't have happened at all. Another equipment Comtessa's Gage, it says immune to paralyze, in fact not working.
It seems lots of good stuff still function poorly.
:rolleyes:

• Like 1