Character creation is overwhelming

TT1

So I installed PoE2 last night and played for about 30 minutes, just to take a look at creating characters.

I found the entire creation process EXTREMELY overwhelming, for several reasons. Seriously, I really got confused and had several doubts about what I was actually doing. That sucks for a lot of reasons. And if I was a newbie, I would have given up the game right there.

Some points:

1) I do not know if the new NVIDIA driver has tampered with the "optimal settings", but I found all the fonts very small.

2) It took me a few seconds to understand the flow of character creation. The buttons are the same color as the panel and everything is kinda hidden. Several of the new skills made no sense to me and I was a bit shocked to discover that "mechanics" now help discover traps, not just perception (maybe the description of the skill is wrong?).

3) I have the impression that I gave "next" without choosing any skill and the game simply went ahead, without letting me choose a skill later. I'll try to play it tonight.

The game could be clearer, but I believe they will sort this out until the release, since PoE and Tyranny do not have this problem.

Oh, about the UI:

"Noise"... How should I know what that means? All weapons are set as silent.

XBEvNjO.jpg

And how can I understand what I need to do if there is no indication of where I should click? I can not even read what's written.

xbWAyDn.jpg

They want sound to attract unaware enemies.  So, guns being loud will have a drawback vs bows which are quiet.  

To move back and forth between your Multiclasses you click the icon at the top left.  The one with Sword and shield is the Fighter icon, and the other is Rogue.  Ignore the "previous" button unless you wish to go back to the previous part of CharGen.

Some hyperlinks/tooltips are in the game yet, either.

This is called a beta, but from what they've said it's more like an alpha.  So, some UI isn't finished, and the UI at CharGen has been brought up as obtuse and problematic.  Things will change, but as of now it is what it is. 

Oh, about the UI:

"Noise"... How should I know what that means? All weapons are set as silent.

XBEvNjO.jpg

And how can I understand what I need to do if there is no indication of where I should click? I can not even read what's written.

xbWAyDn.jpg

I did comment before that the yellowish color palette looks really bland and don't fit the theme. Hopefully more "experienced" modding UI artist can fix this.