By now, the most criticized aspects are combat speed and talents removal.

Mazisky

I like the fast mode for combat, it's something I missed a lot when I played through PoE again recently. Besides, if it is too fast for you you can turn it off by clicking the right arrow on the pause globe.

"Of all the kids in The Breakfast Club, Ally Sheedy would be the first one to sense Cthulhu's coming." -Patton Oswalt 

Wound system is fine, git gud.

To me the issue later on when the game comes out and players understand all the mechanics is there will be no wounds system when you dont get knocked out anymore. At least potential issue

In theory when that happens you should play a higher difficulty or I guess turn on some of the optional difficulty elements that are coming with the Berath's Blessing thing.

Aside from that though I think there's some merit in a system that rewards game mastery. Even as someone who prefers health/endurance there was a certain inevitability to resting under that mechanic literally no matter how well I played. I'm nowhere near good enough for this to really matter but I could see it being satisfying for those who are.

If you are getting knocked out too much, then the game is telling you to switch to a lower difficulty, you obviously can't keep up with its demands. The infinite resting is a crutch. Or git gud, that works, too. If the system doesn't permit playing to such a level that you can't possibly prevent getting knocked out too much, then that's cause for concern.

Edited by Christliar
  • Like 2

If you are getting knocked out too much, then the game is telling you to switch to a lower difficulty, you obviously can't keep up with its demands. The infinite resting is a crutch. Or git gud, that works, too. If the system doesn't permit playing to such a level that you can't possibly prevent getting knocked out too much, then that's cause for concern.

This could very well be the case. However, this would be something that needs some "in-beta exit interview" which collects other telemetry like what difficulty was played, in order to really say.

Nah, I think the biggest complaints are armor penetration / lack of grazes so everyone does less damage, and the longer cast times on everything.

Agreed, and I would say that my major issue is Penetration.  The game is rough if you don't bump it, or lower your enemies.  While the game is a breeze if you do.  It is a bit too much of a Boolean value in how it feels.

Do you have pen or a debuff that lowers armor?  If true, you win.

Do you have pen or a debuff that lowers armor?  If false, watch everyone do no damage and get stonewalled.

It could be partially how level scaling works, but it feels like Pen is the culprit.

I'm fine with longer casting times if the spells are worth it, but some spells feel like you wait 3 seconds for nothing.  This could tie back into Pen, but something doesn't feel right, regardless.

I am not against the lack of grazes, but all this combine feels odd compared to PoE1.  That said, the lack of grazes DOESN'T feel odd compared to the Infinity Engine games, and I am fine with it being the way it is if other issues are ironed out. 

I'm fine with the injury system, tbh.  It can be rough, but it immediately made me focus on keeping people alive vs select all and doggie pile.  I like that.  To each their own.

• Like 2

While it is a thread for identifying problems in a broad sense, it still shouldn't be bogged down with non-issues like the injury system. We have to be able to differentiate between problems of the game itself and problems at the other end of the keyboard.

Again, whether it's a problem *for you* or not, it's a problem that is being *commonly discussed* in the *forum* and so belongs here.

I agree with the Mazisky.

penetration and wound system is less with how it works and more that its poorly translated in game to the player. which is much different than the design issues surrounding classes, like the fact that single class-ing is broken and we even have some classes that are unplayable as a single class (looking at you stalker).

• Like 4

I personally don't feel like combat is too fast.

I do feel like some creatures hit way too hard, but that's crits outside some of the enemies DOTs being too deadly, and default stride is too fast (aka movement speed).

But in term of having my character dies, that is way slower than in POE1. If I let unintended characters do default attacks against mobs to see what would happens in POE1 they would die in 1-2 seconds, in POE2, the fight last a good 5-10 seconds (unless the enemy is higher level).

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

I think the hard -25%/-50%/-75%/dead progression with the wound system is *just* as big a problem. The progression is *far* to hard, greatly encouraging rest spam and reducing the trade-off with the limited empowerment resources, and with traps causing wounds it increases the value of perception massively, as well.

Nah, I think the biggest complaints are armor penetration / lack of grazes so everyone does less damage, and the longer cast times on everything.

I'm not in the beta, but this change has been worrying me for a long time. Particularly the change to armor penetration / lack of grazes. I hadn't even considered how this would play out with the longer cast times, I must say this is not the shift I want to see the mechanics take.

Additionnally guys,

the purpose for Obsidian is to sell the game with an accessible system. At the same time, the new system is more complex, and more binary in last (as explained a little before)

Grazes + New rules of penetration don't go in this road.

But in this situation, the game lost the starters (NO PEN NO PEN NO PEN NO PEN ! : p) and makes doubtfully the most competent players.

Globally, I think the system is still to be tweaked.

Edited by theBalthazar