perhaps its time for a new game engine?... horrible framerate

legoSouls

reiterating the issue that has been brought up here:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/743140/discussions/0/2425614361135911009/

There is no excuse how the game of this graphic quality struggles to maintain above 30fps, achieving butter smooth 60fps seems to be a pipe dream at this point

how can a game look worse  and more segmented than other RPGs such as divinity original sin2, witcher3 yet riddled with such poor optimization. :( 

The poor performance of the game engine has been a big problem since POE1 as I struggled through huge FPS dips in white march part1 and part 2.

As a fan (loved POE1 and pledging for POE2 closed beta tier was a no brainer) I hope to see an improvement in future!

We're not done yet. We're still a ways from the full launch and more time will be put into optimization and performance once we've finished up with all of our core features, feedback, and polish. Right now, most of our focus is on getting some of our unreleased features to a beta view-able state so we can get more feedback from you all on those. That and addressing bugs and feedback as it comes in.

Optimizations and polish will keep trickling in as we continue working on the game. 

• Like 12

Twitter: @robyatadero

reiterating the issue that has been brought up here:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/743140/discussions/0/2425614361135911009/

There is no excuse how the game of this graphic quality struggles to maintain above 30fps, achieving butter smooth 60fps seems to be a pipe dream at this point

how can a game look worse  and more segmented than other RPGs such as divinity original sin2, witcher3 yet riddled with such poor optimization. :(

The poor performance of the game engine has been a big problem since POE1 as I struggled through huge FPS dips in white march part1 and part 2.

As a fan (loved POE1 and pledging for POE2 closed beta tier was a no brainer) I hope to see an improvement in future!

Dude...it's a beta.

• Like 2

We're not done yet. We're still a ways from the full launch and more time will be put into optimization and performance once we've finished up with all of our core features, feedback, and polish. Right now, most of our focus is on getting some of our unreleased features to a beta view-able state so we can get more feedback from you all on those. That and addressing bugs and feedback as it comes in.

Optimizations and polish will keep trickling in as we continue working on the game. 

Glad to see the concern being addressed by the developer :)

The game play so far in POE2 is superb and loving the new changes/improvements!

Funnily enough, on my laptop with a weak mobile gpu the final area of the dungeon in the beta ran incredibly well despite only getting about 28 FPS for the rest of the areas in the beta. So I am pretty sure it’s not an engine issue, but maybe some unoptimized graphical effects in those areas.