Plucked Fruit task not ending in specific situation (Maybe)

Zap Gun For Hire

Question

(I'm keeping spoilers out of this post for the most part)

So I found out who was behind the Plucked Fruit quest and confronted them.  One of the choices given to the player is to let the person keep doing what they were doing with the fruit.  Fair enuf.  But after agreeing not to spill their secret, I can't find a way to finish the quest.  When I go back to Mukumu, I don't have any further options to try to close out the quest UNLESS I have the fruit with me.  Which rather defeats the whole purpose of agreeing with the person responsible if I agree with that person's actions.

I don't know if this is a bug or not though.  At the very least I would think it should be possible to close out this quest in such a way to let the person responsible do what they were doing and then deal with the consequences of keeping the secret of who was really responsible.

Then again, maybe I'm missing something obvious here.  Has anyone finished this quest WITHOUT having the fruit in their possession?

11 answers to this question

(I'm keeping spoilers out of this post for the most part)

So I found out who was behind the Plucked Fruit quest and confronted them.  One of the choices given to the player is to let the person keep doing what they were doing with the fruit.  Fair enuf.  But after agreeing not to spill their secret, I can't find a way to finish the quest.  When I go back to Mukumu, I don't have any further options to try to close out the quest UNLESS I have the fruit with me.  Which rather defeats the whole purpose of agreeing with the person responsible if I agree with that person's actions.

I don't know if this is a bug or not though.  At the very least I would think it should be possible to close out this quest in such a way to let the person responsible do what they were doing and then deal with the consequences of keeping the secret of who was really responsible.

Then again, maybe I'm missing something obvious here.  Has anyone finished this quest WITHOUT having the fruit in their possession?

No, but with the fruit in your possession you can frame the dude stuck on the log, and thus keep the one dudes secret.

No, but with the fruit in your possession you can frame the dude stuck on the log, and thus keep the one dudes secret.

Headed to spoilers here:

True. But the whole reason why someone, IMO, would agree with their plan is because they agree with the idea of growing the seeds so the village will have another source of food.

Seems very counter-productive to agree with the plan, but only be able to do clear it off the Quest List by taking the very fruit they are trying to get the seeds from.

Dunno.  I would think it should be possible to at least say something to Mukumu like, "[Lie] Welp.  Tried my best to find the fruit, do what you will with the prisoner."

• Like 2

I didn't like that I had to take the fruit from the spot. The guy put it there specifically for it to dry and sprout, so if I want to help him out why do I need to take it to show it to the other guy? I was hoping to find another solution for this, like maybe make the fruit sprout to prove the weaver guy's point, or return the dried fruit to the weaver guy after framing the the pole guy, but I guess the accuser guy won't let me. As it is, the quest seems pointless - the the weaver guy never gets to prove his point by showing the sprouting fruit and someone always gets punished.

• Like 2

I didn't like that I had to take the fruit from the spot. The guy put it there specifically for it to dry and sprout, so if I want to help him out why do I need to take it to show it to the other guy? I was hoping to find another solution for this, like maybe make the fruit sprout to prove the weaver guy's point, or return the dried fruit to the weaver guy after framing the the pole guy, but I guess the accuser guy won't let me. As it is, the quest seems pointless - the the weaver guy never gets to prove his point by showing the sprouting fruit and someone always gets punished.

Highlighted.

This is my big problem with it.  For players who want to see thieves punished, there is a clear solution and logical resolution.  For players who agree that the person accused is a no good lazy bum who is hurting the village in the long run there is one clear solution and at least a couple of logical resolutions.  But for folks who want to side with the thief for reasons which become clear as the quest unfolds, there is no resolution.

Which is double irksome since the side-with-the-thief solution is tagged with a Benevolent marker when talking with them.

I can see getting less XP or even a minor village reputation hit for doing the 'right' thing.  It's a moral choice after all.  Mostly I just want to see some resolution for siding with the thief.

Okay, mostly I want it off my Quest List. :p

More seriously, once I see what that resolution is, THEN I can complain or agree about it here. :)

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the feedback! I agree that it seems strange that you can't resolve this quest by allowing the Koiki Fruit to be kept hidden and turned into a future harvest. I've alerted the team to this issue and it is now being tracked internally. Thanks for playing and helping us out!

• Like 4

One thing I annoying found was I couldn't put the Dried Fruit back where I found them since I put them in the Stash, seem I can't move any quest items from there to a characters inventory :'(

One thing I annoying found was I couldn't put the Dried Fruit back where I found them since I put them in the Stash, seem I can't move any quest items from there to a characters inventory :'(

That's by design so players don't accidentally sell/drop a quest-related item.

Edited by Zap Gun For Hire

I noticed that in order to solve this quest—and I mean to get to ANY kind of resolution—you must have high Bluff (and/or another skill I can't recall.)

I'm all for skill checks that make a difference, but there should be a way to end the quest even if you didn't invest in specific skills. Having the skills could make it easier/quicker to reach the same conclusion, or it could open up more options/paths to conclusion, but they should not gate the quest's completion imo.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I noticed that in order to solve this quest—and I mean to get to ANY kind of resolution—you must have high Bluff (and/or another skill I can't recall.)

Perception, so you can find the fruit in the hidden chest.

Aloth massages his temples, shaking his head.