[Spoilers] Interesting Console Command Finds

fortuntek

giveitem shp_up_cannon_imperial

giveitem shp_up_cannon_chainshot

giveitem shp_up_cannon_thunderer

giveitem shp_up_hull_reinforced

giveitem shp_up_sails_cottonweave

You can't equip them though except at neketaka, and "giveitemandequip" doesn't seem to work.

Giveplayership [tab] lets you give alternate ships but you can't switch except in neketaka

Ahhh

Setactiveship shp[tab] 

spoilers: the player ship is by far the best ship

Edited by Dr. Hieronymous Alloy
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

You can simply remove/add abilities and set stats as you wish.

The new beta added a bug that prevents this in loaded saves---there's a "paperdoll character" with the same name as player / hired adventurer / mercenary and so any console command that takes a party member as a parameter has an "AmbiguousObject error"....

But it works fine in new games.

• Like 1

Huh? I didn't encounter that yet. Good to know. Did you use tab to cycle through character names? Maybe that can solve the disambiguation?

Just tested that, pressing tab after typing in character name does fix it, thankfully.... 

Cool - because of that I guess I never encountered that problem. Because I thought that I already removed/added abilities in a reloaded game of beta 4 but wasn't 100% sure anymore. I use tab with the console excessively. Thanks for testing - I'm still in bed. :)

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

FYI, the Cosmic command went online in the latest Beta.

It presently doesn't do anything, but it's silently preparing for release day to grant players space doggos and other cool content.

Also, it brought with it some other interesting baggage...  There may finally be a clue about what we do with those codes we've been finding...  :)

Come on, throw us a bone :)

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Short answer, I still can't prove anything.

Long answer...

The game mechanism that tracks whether or not your party save redeemed a cosmic pet code also handles something new called Scavenger Bundles.  I'm not quite sure what those are, or how they relate to the codes we found...  but the biggest hurdle to the theory that the codes were redeemable in-game was that there didn't seem to be something in-place to handle that.  

It may not entirely be finished, but hints of such a mechanism just popped into existence in the latest beta.

• Like 2

Short answer, I still can't prove anything.

Long answer...

The game mechanism that tracks whether or not your party save redeemed a cosmic pet code also handles something new called Scavenger Bundles. I'm not quite sure what those are, or how they relate to the codes we found... but the biggest hurdle to the theory that the codes were redeemable in-game was that there didn't seem to be something in-place to handle that.

It may not entirely be finished, but hints of such a mechanism just popped into existence in the latest beta.

EDIT: for clarity, it makes sense: I’ve been thinking that whatever they unlock has to be something without time-sensitivity, dependent upon sequence, familiarity with a specific language, or constrained by scarcity. This would fit that bill. Edited by Achilles
  • Like 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."