[Spoilers] Interesting Console Command Finds

fortuntek

Just figured out how to add abilities and attributes to the Mercenary companions we start out with. Refer to the mercenary companions as:

Companion_Generic_Priest

Companion_Generic_Rogue

Companion_Generic_Fighter

Companion_Generic_Wizard

The full name is actually Companion_Generic_Priest(Clone) but the UI will interpret it as that for you.

The full commands are (except as noted) the same as PoE 1, AddAbility Companion_Generic_Priest Ability_Name and so on.

I find it easier to just kill off the starting companions and then using the mod in this thread, use the 1,000,000 gold to just recruit companions made to your specifications and then outfit them from the expanded store in the mod and then use' add experience to level x' and bring them up to match your main. With enemy scaling set you can even crank everyone up to level nine and see how the higher level abilities work.

• Like 1

Just figured out how to add abilities and attributes to the Mercenary companions we start out with. Refer to the mercenary companions as:

Companion_Generic_Priest

Companion_Generic_Rogue

Companion_Generic_Fighter

Companion_Generic_Wizard

The full name is actually Companion_Generic_Priest(Clone) but the UI will interpret it as that for you.

The full commands are (except as noted) the same as PoE 1, AddAbility Companion_Generic_Priest Ability_Name and so on.

I find it easier to just kill off the starting companions and then using the mod in this thread, use the 1,000,000 gold to just recruit companions made to your specifications and then outfit them from the expanded store in the mod and then use' add experience to level x' and bring them up to match your main. With enemy scaling set you can even crank everyone up to level nine and see how the higher level abilities work.

Yes, but there's a limit on the number of adventurers you can hire (8 maybe?) and sometimes it's just more convenient to go with the initial mercenaries. Also easier to keep track of different saves since the name you give each save doesn't show up on the menu to load them. 

I think half of my 64 hours so far have been in character creation and leveling....

Edited by SaruNi
  • Like 1

I read through these posts rather quickly so maybe I missed it, but did nobody but me find the coral great sword? I mean with the console?

You can use tab to complete commands and then cycle through all options. Therefore it's quite easy to cycle through a lot of items that are in the beta.

For example type

Giveitem great_sword

and then press tab several times. Each time it suggests a different great sword, like great_sword_fine until it suggests the coral version. Check it out, it's good. Used it with an Assassin... ;)

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

What’s the name of the Watcher for the purpose of adding abilities?

Also, when using GiveItem is there a way to specify the number of items you want? I was browsing potions and there are some interesting ones, including one whose base bonus is +5 Penetration (!!!).

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I read through these posts rather quickly so maybe I missed it, but did nobody but me find the coral great sword? I mean with the console?

You can use tab to complete commands and then cycle through all options. Therefore it's quite easy to cycle through a lot of items that are in the beta.

For example type

Giveitem great_sword

and then press tab several times. Each time it suggests a different great sword, like great_sword_fine until it suggests the coral version. Check it out, it's good. Used it with an Assassin... ;)

Thanks for spelling that out, just spent a half hour generating all sorts of weird things

I suspect the coral sword is a monster item not a "real" item though.

It looks like a great sword (more like a big sabre) made from coral though. Maybe it's the Black Isle Bastard's special item...? ;)

Heh. We asked for an obsidian item, but Obsidian can make it anything they want, so who knows. :grin:

Edited by Katarack21

The sword has no scabbard, unlike all other weapons we know we can use; somehow I doubt we can legitimately put our hands on bags weapons :(

Edited by AndreaColombo

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Anyone figured out how to add an ability to ranger animal companion? I wanna add Takedown Combo to it but result in add it to my main character.

Use: FindCharacter animal

Should return something like "CRE_Lion_Animal_Companion(Clone)"

Edited by Serdan
  • Like 1

One quick tip: for finding unique items, most uniques have _U_ somewhere in its ID, example: Head_U_Helm_Itemname, etc

I'm at work so I don't remember if that's the exact format but searching _U_ with console commands will return a quick list of uniques

No coral sword though :(

It's not unique I guess but a standard weapon for some nagas.

You can actually cycle through all items with tab if you know how to start. For example headgear always starts with Head<tab> and so on.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Interestingly there are two versions of the Great_Sword_Naga_Coral, one of which is one handed. If you equip it on a Stoic character they will immediately stab themselves in the chest with it. I suspect this tells us that that version is not intended as a player usable weapon, but perhaps the two handed version is.