Stuck early on

una322

Yeah im stuck near the start of the game, done this part twice, first time the quest for the fruit, i found the dried fruit at the beach from the guy at midnight. I started again for reasons but this time even though my quest log says the guy goes to the beach around midnight, no matter what hes never there, and so i cant find evidence to finish the quest. Tried a 3rd restart this time it tells me the dried fruit is up north past some guys house, well there is no house marked on the map or anything , i dont understand why this is proving so hard when it was done so easy first time around lol.

Anyone willing to help or know if its a bug?

Yeah im stuck near the start of the game, done this part twice, first time the quest for the fruit, i found the dried fruit at the beach from the guy at midnight. I started again for reasons but this time even though my quest log says the guy goes to the beach around midnight, no matter what hes never there, and so i cant find evidence to finish the quest. Tried a 3rd restart this time it tells me the dried fruit is up north past some guys house, well there is no house marked on the map or anything , i dont understand why this is proving so hard when it was done so easy first time around lol.

Anyone willing to help or know if its a bug?

There's a bundle of reeds lying on the ground near the north end of the map (right near the north east exit) that's fairly easy to miss.  If you Inspect it (from right clicking on it in the inventory screen), you get a Journal update and you can talk to Mukumu about your findings, though this isn't necessary to complete the quest.

What you MIGHT need to do is talk to

Rongi

first and talk to that character about what they think about the whole situation.

For me, here are the steps I followed to find the fruit:

1) Talked to both Mukumu and Tamru and exhausted the dialogue options.

2) Found the reeds on the ground near the northeast entrance on the map.

3) Talked to Rongi about the theft of the fruits

4) Read his journal in the Kauru Hut

5) Waited until Hour 0 and snuck up on the extreme southwest corner of the map and confronted him

In the middle of all of that I did talk to a few people in town about the fruit, including one instance of going back to Mukumu when I had suspicion that Tamru was innocent, but no proof as of yet (he told me to bugger off until I had proof).  That MAY be the problem here.

As far as I know, showing Mukumu the reeds from the northern area of town isn't necessary to complete the quest.

If this doesn't work, let me know I and I can try to complete a fool-proof list of finishing the task for you. :)

To avoid opening a new thread and while we’re at it, how does the dried fruit quest play out after speaking to the three interested parties? Journal mentions a hut north of the chieftain’s, but no hut north of the chieftain’s are accessible or have any clues.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

To avoid opening a new thread and while we’re at it, how does the dried fruit quest play out after speaking to the three interested parties? Journal mentions a hut north of the chieftain’s, but no hut north of the chieftain’s are accessible or have any clues.

That's where the reed is (it's called Stained Kaora Reeds). I have a picture of where it can be found here: https://i.imgur.com/veFnUH6.png

I've given my thoughts on how it plays out in this thread in the bugs section:  https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/94471-plucked-fruit-task-not-ending-in-specific-situation-maybe/

But to expand on it, I think it's a nice moral dilemma, but I think at least one obvious solution isn't implemented yet (which I commented on in the thread). 

I ALSO think it's going to be a controversial quest since there isn't currently a 'nice/just' way to make everyone happy.  Mostly because the villagers are, shall we say, stuck in their ways.  

The optimal solution

Letting the thief grow his seeds to benefit the village AND getting the person charged with the crime go free since he is innocent doesn't seem to be in the cards, near as I can tell.  More than a few players are going to be grumpy that they couldn't do that, I tend to think.

• Like 2