Stats description tooltips - why just ones for noobs?

You know what I mean. Hover over Resolve or the other 5 attributes, and you get a short description (it's decent at least) and then a simple list of "very bad", "bad", "okay", "good", "very good", depending on how the attribute would be, given in intervals. Personally, I find such a basic tooltip totally redundant. 

I'd love to see something like in Civ 5/6, where you can adjust tooltips for experienced players.

Then I'd like to see the maths and the stats behind it all. I don't care for superfluous filler texts: "This hits very hard", "You are more nimble", etc. I have no qualms whatsoever in seeing droves of number adjustments listed in such tooltips. In fact, I'd welcome such system clarity. I suspect there are a few more character Creation tooltip windows that would benefit from this "experienced player mode", and most likely combat log and weapon and armour descriptions as well.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I agree, I actually find vague tooltips extremely frustrating. "This makes you hit a little harder", great what the **** does that mean?

I know there's a trend towards this sort of thing since casual players seem to be afraid of numbers but I don't think I'll ever understand why.